Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39
M
M
Originally Posted by bingo
It truly is amazing. You have all either committed adultery or are a betrayed spouse and as such your marriages have been tarnished by infidelity. Because mine started technically in a similar vain, then now my kids, wife and entire life are questionable.
Who exactly is not getting it here ?

sigh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
And I am in no way judging you.....I just think you need to accept that you made a big mistake, period...stop making excuses for it, there is no excuse for what you did. Face it, move on and learn from it.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
G
G
No, the pill.
Hmmmm....
The only thing I can think of that would couse that amount of failure would be human error. The pill MUST be taken everyday, at as close to the same time as possible. That, or it simpley did not work for your partner.

If you are about to insult the life of my children as well as having done so to my wife then may I suggest politely that you post elsewhere you judgmental bigot.
I have not insulted your wife, nor was I attempting to insult your children. I was simply curiouse about why you chose to make a baby with someone you knew you did not love, you blamed contraceptive failure so I enquired as to wich one.

I DEMAND you apologise for insinuating I was saying such at labeling me a biggot!!

and gack, I am not religious in any way. and yes, there is obviously a culture difference.
Thats another reason your having problems with many posters here. Most of these folks are deeply religious and believe that marriage is a sacred thing, not just some legal paper. They believe that there are very few reasons that God will allow for divorce.

Many here would argue that in the eyes of the creator, you are still married to your first wife.

You do not share those beliefs, and probably think there silly. So of course you cant see eye to eye with most here. Your belief systems are fundamentally different

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
M
M
Methinks bingo just enjoys the thrill of arguing his point. Where better to do that than here?

D-Day 2-10-2009

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Honestly, if I had torn my ex wifes heart out by leaving or there was any possibility that it was a marriage that could be saved then I would still be there. We were both unhappy being together and actually get on far better now we apart than i think we ever did when married. I have said before. We spend Christmas together with all the kids and my wife and my ex wife loves to look after all the kids. It may seem weird, but when we found out that she was pregnant 21 years ago, we were about to part. We stayed together because we were young naive and tried to be parents. There was no romance, no loving partnership, I seriously cannot even remember holding her hand let alone cuddling in front of the TV. We never kissed, rarely shared a bed but stayed together for the kids. For crying out loud I had a separate house for 8 years of our marriage so that we could both be apart but together for the kids....if that makes sense.
Trust me when I tell you, that if you asked my ex wife now whether she has any resentment or angst in her about our divorce, she would answer no.
She is happy, I am happy, the kids are happy. Surely that is all that matters here.
My behaviour and my wifes error off judgement are entirely different things.

S
S
Yeah, and I really keep thinking he will get it...but you are right he must already get it, he is just a TROLL.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Any one up for a trip down memory lane...well if you are stay here and keep reading. sigh

Last edited by stillhere8126; 04/28/10 09:46 AM.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Gack, I am sorry.
As I said over 20 years as far as I am aware the pill was taken regularly, but obviously some things medical can affect that.
The truth Gack. I did not know what love was. I was created from a loveless marriage and as such, at the age of 20 thought it was fine to bumble along the way I was, but as I grew up a little it became obvious that it was not a satisfactory arrangement for anyone. Again, no excuse, but when I met my current wife I felt love for the first time in my life and really struggled to deal with that. My behaviour over the years to my wife has been mainly down to closeness issues it appears. Thus the constant rejection. It is only in recent times that I have bulldozed the wall that separated me from my wife.
I am sorry that religion has got in the way of some peoples opinion, but there is nothing I can do about that. I appreciate their perspective on this but do wonder how someone who is committed to faith could even contemplate an affair with God watching.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
troll ?

S
S
Yes, bingo, you a troll.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
sorry, I don't know what that means.

K
K
For your review:
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
Bingo - why are you here?

about 108 posts ago, you mentioned you were here for a marriage purpose. Yet 108 posts later, all I can see is whining and complaining about people who post here and give you feedback.

The 12 step program offers a good motto you could do well to learn:

TAKE WHAT HELPS AND LEAVE THE REST

If you persist in posting here without getting to the point, you have robbed other legitimate betrayed partners of 108 (and counting) needed responses that would make a difference for them in their lives.

Since we're not helping you (except meeting your unquenchable need for negative attention), please go away until you have something of marriage builder importance.

If you are here to detract from the purpose of Marriage Builders, then you are in violation of TOS.

The rest of us would do well to not give this never mind - accurate label but definitely in violation of TOS any further negative attention. He just gets louder and more obnoxious when we do.

Bingo - if you truly want help for something with regard to your relationship, then get on with it. 108 posts of nothing is a waste of space.

Now you're another 40 posts sucked out of the good people here Bingo and you're still here. Why???

K
K
sorry, I don't know what that means.

Read what I quoted for your review just prior to that post: Troll means you exploit the good nature of people here for your own attention-seeking purposes.

State your purpose here honestly in terms of the difficulty you are now having with your relationship or go away.

S
S
I posted this for you a few pages back, but I can understand your short attention span......again from wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun �troll� can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted. While the term troll and its associated action, trolling, are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe many intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Quite simply. I obsess about the one mistake my wife made prior to our marriage and cant seem to get it out of my head. It hurts.
She has never done anything else but been perfect, but it was so out of character.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It has made me paranoid. I look at her emails, check her phone, ask where she has been and I just want to be able to trust that now we have found each other finally, nothing will ever threaten us again.
My rug was pulled and possibly deservedly so, but I was insecure before. This has pushed me over.

M
M
Quite simply. I obsess about the one mistake my wife made prior to our marriage and cant seem to get it out of my head. It hurts.
She has never done anything else but been perfect, but it was so out of character.

What mistake? Are you talking about the kiss? The intercourse/rape? The BJ? The fact that she was in a house full of people and didn't alert anyone to her plight? The fact that she came home after being 'raped' and told you she wanted to leave you?
crazy crazy

D-Day 2-10-2009

G
G
Gack, I am sorry.
I did'nt actually want an appology. I was simply attempting to show you how silly demanding an appology is. A heart felt appology will come with no demand for it.

As I said over 20 years as far as I am aware the pill was taken regularly, but obviously some things medical can affect that.
Indeed.

The truth Gack. I did not know what love was..
See, here is where we get into the affairage part.

Most of us (BS's) have heard this before, from our waywards, about there affair partner. My WW told me she never loved me, and didn't even know what love was untill she met OM. This is of cours all Fog babble and rewrighting of history.

Strangley, this all after her affair ended.

You sound like them, you sound like an active wayward......

(To quote someones sigline on here)
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck, then it's a duck. If not, then the duck should explain how it's not a duck.

I appreciate their perspective on this but do wonder how someone who is committed to faith could even contemplate an affair with God watching.
I, and many BS's wonder the same thing...
And usually after the affair, the wayward wonders the same thing too.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I think that this is where the confusion lies.
I had dumped her, but I had done that many times before. The party was a family affair, but she was alone with the man in question at the end of the night when everyone else was in bed. She was blind drunk and feeling rejected and lonely and kissed the man.
He took it the wrong way and leapt at the chance and tried and tried even though she was saying no to get inside her. She was fully clothed (pyjamas) and he whipped his off. She was struggling to keep his hands away from her bottoms but somehow he got them down for a second and entered her. She pushed him off and said no, but he was quite forceful and tried to push her back again. Her get out was the BJ which she hates doing, always has as she was raped as a young girl in that way. For her it is a non intimate thing and it is not part of her repertoire. What it did do was stop him and allow her then to leave the room quickly, which she did.
She froze and in a drunken haze really lost control of a situation that was meant to be nothing more than a kiss.
So, yes, she was unfaithful, yes he was forceful and in the eyes of the law committed rape and yes she regretted it, but because he was a distant relative did not wish to create a massive family problem as the man was her step fathers wifes son.
The wanting to leave me was an entirely different matter that had been brewing and on the cards for some considerable time.
Hope that makes sense.

S
S
Originally Posted by Gack1
B.I.N.G.O

B.
I.
N.
G.
O

B.I.N.G.O

And Bingo was his name-O

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation