Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I saw the interview Oprah had with Rielle Hunter and I agree with Elizabeth Edwards that this woman is truly pitiful and sad. First of all she hid out and hid her child's paternety and lied on national television all to protect "her" Johnny. She didn't even think enough of her child to not tell the truth about who her father was. When she told Oprah that John E. was "available" and that his M was over before she told a MM that he was hot she looked like a desperate fool. Not to mention that she said there was a magnetic force which caused her to sleep with a MM on the first night. They use to call that prostitution now it's a magnetic force which causes you to give a MM your body on the first meeting.

She couldn't even give Oprah a clear answer about whether her and "Johnny" are still seeing each other. So she is still hiding their "love". She made me sick in a way but I also felt sorry for her because she is pitiful. She also said that "Johnny" wanted to be with her because he wanted to live a life of truth!!!! Truth and hiding out in hotel rooms feeding off of each other for sex is not truth. Just like Elizabeth E, I got physically ill when I thought about the skankarella and my DH being intimate. Where do these women come from???

C
C
I saw parts of it and laughed. These OWs think they know so much about the M of their A partner. They only know the lies that the cheater told them. This OW is so arrogant that when it hits, it's going to hit hard.

And she has proven that it isn't about looks. I don't think she is attractive at all.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
H
H
Originally Posted by cobol_girl
Where do these women come from???

From the bowels of hell and hence that is where they will return.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
And she only started crying when it was about her child...She should have thought about that before she slept with a MM...now another innocent human being brought into this mess..

She was soooo concerned about her child...what about the poor children who's family she helped rip apart? Did she cry for those children too?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
A
A
INot to mention that she said there was a magnetic force which caused her to sleep with a MM on the first night. They use to call that prostitution now it's a magnetic force which causes you to give a MM your body on the first meeting.

Magnetic force: puke

"They used to call that prostitution": rotflmao

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
H
H
I, too, could only stomache a protion of the broadcast.

Oprah asked if she was a "homewrecker." She said "no" -- that she was INVITED in.

GAG. Like Elizabeth opened the door and said "Sure, Sweetie -- come join us in a three-some."

If BOTH invited someone into their marriage -- fine. If only ONE invites someone in -- that's ADULTERY!!

S
S
Ok this is the first time I have used this.....

puke puke puke

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
H
H
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Oprah asked if she was a "homewrecker." She said "no" -- that she was INVITED in.

GAG. Like Elizabeth opened the door and said "Sure, Sweetie -- come join us in a three-some."

If BOTH invited someone into their marriage -- fine. If only ONE invites someone in -- that's ADULTERY!!

That statement of being invited in reminds me of Halloween. You show up disguised as someone else and say "trick or treat" and are invited in to get your treats. In her mind she was invited in and instead of the treats she pulled some tricks instead.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
trashy, trashy, trashy...... sick

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
Originally Posted by hope3343

One of them lives in my house and used to call herself my wife.

Me BH 40
Her XWW 34
Married 12 years

Feb 09 - PA #1 (w/married alcoholic)
Apr 09 - Started recovery, thought things were going well until...
Jan 10 - PA #2 (w/different guy on Facebook)
Dec 10 - Divorced
Now - very happy; no regrets
H
H
Originally Posted by arkhawk1
Originally Posted by hope3343

One of them lives in my house and used to call herself my wife.

No she was "disquised" as your wife. rotflmao

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

F
F
What no one seems to have mentioned yet is that Hunter seems oblivious to the fact that she submarined not only Edwards' marriage, but his political career and aspirations as well.

Good thing (for Edwards) that he has a lot of cash he can sit on. If he were one of us, he'd be spending his nights in a cardboard box right about now.

All for lurrrrrrrve.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
K
K
Yep - John Edwards was at least "perceived" as a better man while he was with Elizabeth than once Reille got started with him.

But my guess is this wasn't John's first rodeo either.

F
F
In saner times I'd say Edwards' career as a public figure is toast.

But now I wonder. With the standards and morals of society falling all over themselves these days in an orgy of selfishness and satyriasis, I wouldn't be too surprised if he is publicly "rehabilitated" at some future date.

Disappointed, yes. Surprised? No.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
K
K
I doubt it. He's too old to make that kind of recovery.

Remember Gary Hart?

Adultery sinks careers for politicians trying to rise onto the national scene. Clinton is the only one to get away with a modicum of "acceptability" after. David Letterman too.

But Sanford is toast. He will never be elected again.

The common denominator is the remorse or lack of it. Or at least the lack of believability to the act of remorse.

John Edwards isn't believable. too much nasty stuff about his uppity-ness, arrogance, etc. And Elizabeth is not rolling over on this and "playing nice" as she probably did in the past to conceal his utter selfish nature.

C
C
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
In saner times I'd say Edwards' career as a public figure is toast.

But now I wonder. With the standards and morals of society falling all over themselves these days in an orgy of selfishness and satyriasis, I wouldn't be too surprised if he is publicly "rehabilitated" at some future date.

Disappointed, yes. Surprised? No.

Do we remember Jessica Flowers? Wasn't that Clintons OW in Arkansas? Bret Starr? Yeah Fred maybe this will just be some outrageous publicty they can turn into a sympathy vote.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation