Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2372347 05/12/10 05:27 PM
J
OP Offline
J
He sent me a plant and a bear. That was very nice of him.

But all day I kept thinking what if he's hiding something. I wouldn't know unless he told me. Sometimes I feel like I know all I should know and sometimes I just feel like I need to know something else. I don't even know if I really need to know anything else. Like how many times he had sex with her does it really matter, he already gave me a number. I do have the time frame, I know what they did, I know how he felt emotionally, I know he cared about her, I know what they did.

Isn't this enough? shouldn't I be like hey I know enough and I know what I need to do to build a stronger marriage but my self confidence is really really low and I just don't know how to get that back. He tells me he's sorry for all of my pain and how this is all his fault, that he's willing to do what ever it takes, he says what ever I ask him he will answer it honestly as he can because he can't remember everything. He tells me I'm beautiful and he truly loves that he lost his way. He does try and make me feel good and is really working hard on my affections, and other needs.

How much time does a person need to heal?

AM I OKAY?

M: 2 1/2 years
Bestfriends Brother. Known for 20yrs.
W:33
H:30
Kids: 5
found out about affair in Feburary 2010
Affair happened in May of 2009 lasted 3wks with sister
Sister lived in the home
P
P
Of course you are ok. A person needs whatever time it takes them to heal - there is no handbook, owner's manual or crystal ball.

Self confidence is based on our ability to be successful at the things we do. We want to be successful in choosing a spouse that we can place our absolute trust in. It is perfectly normal to lose some(or lot) of self confidence when a spouse betrays your trust - it makes you wonder about your ability to choose a spouse.

Your ability to trust him again is almost totally his responsibility. He'll have to prove by actions, not words, that he is worthy of it. Actions like answering what you ask and not hiding anything. And if he is serious about earning your trust back, he will do it for as long as it takes for you to heal.

If you are willing to continue to give him the chance to earn your trust, your responsibility is to make sure he knows what he has to do to earn it. Don't assume he knows - communicate clearly. And let him know how he is doing.

Hang in there.

Me-54 (BH)
WW-52
M 30yrs no kids
Her A started 2006
D-day 3/17/09
WW moved in w OM 9/17/09

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 453 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation