Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 66 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 65 66
M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
Heck, I'm in! Just gotta bust this kiddo out and I can be right there in that pool with ya! smile lol

Get lil bean outta there and prop her up in her swing so she can watch Mommy splash around with all the strange people, LOL laugh

And I must say, Still - I am jealous of your pizza people! Where'd you get them? All I could find are my little dancing folks!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
L
OW is just trying to get her fix of your WH and get him to NOT want to reconcile with you. Your WH needs to understand that you WILL contact her BH if you discover that there is more contact between them; otherwise, you will not be contacting her BH. Your WH needs to write a NC letter that YOU approve and mail.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
S
S
ITA with LC

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
So, last night in the middle of the night, I was half awake (I never sleep well anymore).

WH must have thought I was fast alseep. He rolled over and kissed my forehead and said, "I love you. *another kiss* I love you very much."

I didn't say anything when he did it .... just in case HE was dreaming and thought I was OW (the thought makes me ill). He hasn't told me he loves me in months.

It's nice to know he did that, and yet I wish I could be confident it was meant for me.
AAWWWWW!!!!!!!! That is so sweet! I love it when my DH does that. Some times he traces I LOVE YOU on my back while he thinks I am asleep. I am glad you were awake enough to enjoy it.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Lady_Clueless
OW is just trying to get her fix of your WH and get him to NOT want to reconcile with you. Your WH needs to understand that you WILL contact her BH if you discover that there is more contact between them; otherwise, you will not be contacting her BH. Your WH needs to write a NC letter that YOU approve and mail.

I agree - there SHOULD be NC between the two of them. I am waiting for one more session with Steve before I force this issue, as he instructed me to just wait on things until he talked to him again. It still makes me really angry she contacted him, even though WH says he didn't respond to her. I believe she was doing one of two things - trying to draw him back into the drama and stop him reconciling with me by lying about my actions (which has always worked for her in the past), or b) trying to play the "hurt" card by seeing if he was truly trying to work on our marriage instead of the lifetime of joy he promised her. Either way, the woman is poison.

Following his appt with Steve tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to get him to sit down and write that NC letter with me. It is absolutely necessary.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
N
N
Wow, a lot of water under the bridge in such a short time.

Don't stress the FR too much - I would have been very surprised if there hadn't been one, especially with him trying to cave so early.

It's fabulous that you're counselling with SH, and that will make a huge difference!

I do want to caution you that you're still in a FR right now. Definitely follow Steve's advice to the letter, and don't be shocked that contact continues. WH will continue contact till his hide is nailed to the wall with no wiggle room. (Cape of Power moment.)

Until WH agrees to NC and you send the next (and hopefully last) NC letter, there will be intermittent contact if not more, he will still be very foggy, and R will not have truly begun. A clear understanding of the situation and no false hopes will help you to deal with it much better.

Get all lined up and ready for a fast entrance to Plan B, because I have the feeling you're going to need it.

You're actually in a REALLY GOOD place right now - some people have to wait many months for their chance at a false R.

What is going to be critical is how you deal with this FR, and how ruthless you must be in going to a full, swift, PB. Whoever said "shock and awe" had it dead right.

Right now the bar is set so low that his chance of reaching success with no interruptions is slim. As long as you set the bar very high, with great expectations and full EP's, your chances of future FR's will diminish.

Really, you're doing good. Ride this out and see what happens with Steve tomorrow. Even if, as I suspect, this rodeo ain't over, it will not have been wasted. What he's learning now from Steve will come back to him later.

Then just be ready for the next wave so it doesn't catch you off guard. I know how hard it is when they cave before you're ready! wink

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
F
F
Yep, along with what Neak said above about being ready to go into plan B...you need to let SH know that you intend to not have a foggy active WH at the birth of your child. Do NOT say this to your WH because he will manipulate and lie until after the birth. Remember right now you are in plan A and in plan A you must expect some contact.

Keep your cards close to your chest.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
N
OP Offline
N
Good point about currently being in a FR. I had lost sight of that - but it makes perfect sense. I know he does want to be there for the birth, AND even though he says a lot about working on the marriage, one thing stands out in my mind - that when SH talked to him about NC, he got the feeling from WH that it was only temporary. That says a lot to me.

In the meantime, I have been in Plan A like you wouldn't believe! Even after he got that text from OW, I asked him only two questions (what was her purpose, and did he respond). And then I changed the subject and left it alone.

My BIL is coming to visit us in a couple weeks. WH is busy landscaping our backyard and making it beautiful (it's been so sadly neglected and nothing has ever been done, so it's like a blank canvas, which is pretty great). I'm watching these things but not getting too comfortable about them because I DO know that at any moment an extremely dark Plan B could be necessary.

I can't wait till we talk to Steve tomorrow!

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Heck, I'm in! Just gotta bust this kiddo out and I can be right there in that pool with ya! smile lol

Get lil bean outta there and prop her up in her swing so she can watch Mommy splash around with all the strange people, LOL laugh

And I must say, Still - I am jealous of your pizza people! Where'd you get them? All I could find are my little dancing folks!

Bestsmileys.com is where I got the pizza smiley, cute huh? I am all up for a pool party when lil bean comes....and I am NOT strange, just special (thats what my momma told me). grin Now Mr. and Mrs. Bliss, well that is a different story, you guys might be strange.

NP, you are doin awesome. I know how hard its must have been not to say more about the text from OW. Counseling with Steve is giving you the best chance to recover your M. I am so happy for you. kiss

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Make sure you block the OWs number from your phones. That will prevent her from any unnecessary contact from her end.

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Now Mr. and Mrs. Bliss, well that is a different story, you guys might be strange.

Strange? Strange? I resemble that remark! laugh Actually, Mr. Bliss and I are very normal people. Here's Mr. Bliss [Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

And here's me: [Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

See? Just as normal as the next guys~

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Now Mr. and Mrs. Bliss, well that is a different story, you guys might be strange.

Strange? Strange? I resemble that remark! laugh Actually, Mr. Bliss and I are very normal people. Here's Mr. Bliss [Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

And here's me: [Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

See? Just as normal as the next guys~

HA HA! You guys crack me up. smile I can't figure out how to do smileys from other sites on here.... smile

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

M
M
HA HA! You guys crack me up. smile I can't figure out how to do smileys from other sites on here.... smile

Here's what you do, ready?:
Open another browser window and go to a free smiley website (www.bestsmileys.com) Cruise the site for one you like. In my case, I picked Mr. Bliss' picture (LOL) and highlighted the URL that was next to it and 'copied' it. Then come back here. Click on the 'image' icon on the tool bar immediately above the posting area. (Fourth icon from the left, next to the envelope icon.) Click 'insert non-floating image'. Your security program is going to flag you just above the MB screen, saying "This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information...etc etc" Click on that, then click on the option that comes up that says "Temporarily allow scripted windows" THEN go back and click on the 'image' icon again. That will bring up a 'prompt' window, and that's where you 'paste' the URL you copied from the smileys website.

Got all that? [Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N

Here's what you do, ready?:
Open another browser window and go to a free smiley website (www.bestsmileys.com) Cruise the site for one you like. In my case, I picked Mr. Bliss' picture (LOL) and highlighted the URL that was next to it and 'copied' it. Then come back here. Click on the 'image' icon on the tool bar immediately above the posting area. (Fourth icon from the left, next to the envelope icon.) Click 'insert non-floating image'. Your security program is going to flag you just above the MB screen, saying "This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information...etc etc" Click on that, then click on the option that comes up that says "Temporarily allow scripted windows" THEN go back and click on the 'image' icon again. That will bring up a 'prompt' window, and that's where you 'paste' the URL you copied from the smileys website.

Got all that? [Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com] Here I am, got it!! smile lol!

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

C
C
hehe, glad to see you got some cute smileys, NP!

[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

M
M
Here I am, got it!! smile lol!

Wow. You don't look a thing like your pic in the MB album! laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N
Here I am, got it!! smile lol!

Wow. You don't look a thing like your pic in the MB album! laugh

Oh yes, that's just the picture I use when I'm posting my picture on personal ads, this is the REAL me. wink haha!

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

V
V
I think an easier way is to just copy and paste the code into your reply. No authorization or scripting stuff necessary! (I don't think, anyway...)

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
M
M
Oh yes, that's just the picture I use when I'm posting my picture on personal ads, this is the REAL me. wink haha!

Oh, gotcha! Yeah, the pic of me is one of those fake people in the WalMart photo frames. laugh

Seriously, those people don't really exist and are computer generated, right? dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009

F
F
Arrr this be me

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Page 27 of 66 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 439 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation