Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
With Father's Day this Sunday I wanted to wish all the Dads on this MB board a Happy Father's Day and hopefully a day with their kids.

I see so many Dads here fighting for their children with their WW and they are to be commended.

I was blessed with a wonderful Dad who cared for his family first and foremost. He was a simple man who worked in a factory as a foreman for 30+ years. He quit high school to support his grandmother and did not get his GED till he was over 40 years old.

He was the wisest man that I knew. He helped so many people in so many ways but did it quietly as not to get attention for himself.

When he passed away 13 years ago on Father's Day it was a tremondous loss to our family. We always had a special connection. I was my father's daughter and lost him on his special day.

When the wake was held more than 400 people showed up. People lined up outside of the building. Many we did not know. We heard incredible acts of kindness that my Dad showed people...

When I was laid off from work your father showed up at my door with bags of groceries...

My husband left me and your father came over with clothes for the kids and money for rent

Your Dad set up a luncheon to collect money for a special needs group home.

I remember when my Dad came home from one of his hospital stays and asked me to give him a ride. We went to the alcoholic homeless shelter and my Dad pulled a 100 bill from his wallet and gave it towards Thanksgiving dinners. I asked him why he wanted to help these people and he said someone has too. I am grateful I am still on this earth to do this.

Hard to swallow what we are dealing with now but blessed I had a true example of a loving selfless Dad.

God bless to all the true Dads here. pray

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
G
G
Hope, what a gift you had for a father. That teared me up. What a wonderful childhood to experience!

BS: 37
FWH: 37
EA: 2 months, ending June 08
Married 7 years
4 kids (2 together)
Hoping for a Recovery
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Gdar
Hope, what a gift you had for a father. That teared me up. What a wonderful childhood to experience!

I wish that my daughters were that blessed but these A destroy the waywards relationship with their kids.

I was truly blessed.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
P
P
Hope, I like you was blessed also with a wonderful father. We lost him way too soon, he was the age I am now, 53. His funeral was also attended by 100s of people giving testament to how he helped change their lives. I was his princess (hence my nickname) and I miss him everyday.

Knowing what a "real" father is like, makes it that much harder to watch a man screw around with his family. It hurts tremendously and makes me hurt for the children.

It's obvious that you are very much like your father because your HUGE heart shines through in your postings. Your daughters are very fortunate to have you in their lives taking up the slack where their own dad has failed.

I have great admiration for the fathers on this board that strive day in and day out to remain good dads to their children, even with the obstacles that a WS brings to the table.

Hats off to all the MB dads... some day you will be rewarded 1000x over. Your children will remember you for the things you're doing now. Same goes for the moms who are having to fill the gap left by a wayward dad.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
I
I
Hope, you are indeed very lucky. I also have a great father, and I'm fortunate that he's still here and relatively healthy. He supported me during H's waywardness, and accepted H back into the family when it was obvious that we were staying together. He's also had a lot of hardships, including the death of my brother, his only son, when my brother was in college. Fathers who stick by their families should indeed be honored this week.

By the way, you should continue to share stories about your dad with your daughters. That way, they'll know that not all men are as soulless as your ex.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by imanotherone
By the way, you should continue to share stories about your dad with your daughters. That way, they'll know that not all men are as soulless as your ex.

I do all the time. My oldest DD was very close to him and was shattered after he passed. My youngest DD was only about 4 years old but still remembers him. It is so important for our daughters to know that there are men out there that are good and true and moral. Not the gutless waywards who have lost their souls to their own desires.

I read all these posts of Dads here struggling to support their kids and be part of their lives while their WW check out for their A.

MB Dads, I admire your strength and goodness and it serves as a reminder that there are still good men out there doing what is right.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

H
OP Offline
H
Dad -- R.I.P. 13 years today. I know you are upstairs with the "big Guy" as you used to call Him.

We will remember you always.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation