Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sadmo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I went through emotional hell with my ex, the games, the "I love you but am not in love with you" speeches.
It is now almost three years since our divorce.
I am happy.
I am calm.
I am centered.
I know where my path lies. (to be the best mom and WIFE I can be)
I have met and married my love, my soul mate... a man that is in SYNCH with ME, and ME with HIM, and it is awesome!
I think a lot of us settle for men or women we ultimately know are wrong, yet, we want it SOOO bad to be right.
Well, what I have learned through this sight and a few others, is that you have to accept and love yourself.
You have to make sure you appreciate EVERY gesture of kindness.
You have to treat others like YOU want to be treated.
And you know what? LIFE IS GRAND.
I met my love, and we are married now. And I am at peace. I am with who I SHOULD be with: a man that gets me
a man that loves me
a man that cherishes me
a man that LOVES my kids
And I could not ask for anything more.... I had actually resigned myself to being single. And I met him, and the rest is history.
So if you think there is no one out there for you, think of me.
I met my love, my husband, at a BBQ neither of us wanted to be at.
We hit it off.
And the rest is history!
So, my advice is: learn from your mistakes and MOVE ON! There is someone out there that gets YOU! smile

S
Sadmo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Should have said tunnel, not rainbow, LOL

S
S
Yeah so happy for you Sadmo and your kids. Life will be good when you focus on the road that lies ahead....

D
D
Sadmo---Awesome story!!! Thank you for sharing!!!! Congratulations to you and your husband!!!!

You are so right in saying that you have to be right with yourself, before you can be right with someone else!

Again Congrats!!!

Dawn

BS 49
Divorced 10 yrs/married 21 yrs
Life is good and I am happy!
Engaged to be married on the 4th of August 2012!
30yoS&DIL & 2 gson/27yoD-Divorced & 3 gson/21yoD
T
T
Soulmate huh? Oh brother.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
N
N
Thanks for the update smile

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
K
K
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
No need to be sarcastic...I had a "soulmate" in every sense of the word, he was my best friend, lover, partner, we had complete faith in each other and great communication and chemistry...unfortunately he died long before I was ready for him to.

How do you know this person hasn't met their soulmate?

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
S
Sadmo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was just reading and thanks! Yes, I never realized how it was to be with someone that you just get, and who gets you... it is just natural, and yet exciting! I never was a "soul mate" type of person, till I met someone that was just so natural to be with. It is a great feeling.
Thanks NED, SS, DB, and KS! :-)

A
A
Originally Posted by kaycstamper
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
No need to be sarcastic...I had a "soulmate" in every sense of the word, he was my best friend, lover, partner, we had complete faith in each other and great communication and chemistry...unfortunately he died long before I was ready for him to.

How do you know this person hasn't met their soulmate?

I think the sarcasm was directed only at the term "soulmate", not at the idea that someone found a wonderful partner.

I don't happen to believe in the idea of "soul mates" in the sense of two people's souls somehow being destined to be shared with only each other. But I do believe that when you mean a compatible partner, that the relationship can be wonderful and deep, with all the great things you mentioned above. It just has nothing to do with souls, IMO, and everything to do with compatibility. But that's just me, of course.

AGG

K
K
I don't think I believed in soulmates either until I met mine.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation