Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
S
S
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
Texans...... Very strange creatures!

Yeah, Texas [Linked Image from myemoticons.com]

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
H
H
Texas is OK but them creatures that live there have got tongue enough for 10 rows of teeth.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
L
L
Oh, PUH-LEEZE!!!

Texas is a nice place to visit, but take a plane over a lot of it or you'll never get to where you're goin'!

Everybody knows that a Texas Ho Bag ain't got nuthin' on a GENUWINE SOUTHERN BELLE!!!

[Linked Image from i157.photobucket.com]

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
T
T
We need immigration reform!

We need to close the borders. rant2

M
OP Offline
M
No trash talkin of Texas on my TEXAS THREAD!! naughty

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
[Linked Image from 101tees.com]

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
OP Offline
M
[Linked Image from messengermods.com]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
lashes

[Linked Image from i157.photobucket.com]

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
OP Offline
M
[Linked Image from messengermods.com] [/quote]

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[Linked Image from messengermods.com]

That's an awful big favor to ask, Mel! stickout

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

V
V
rotflmao

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
[Linked Image from 101tees.com]

Just think how much better off Texas would be! :P

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
New Flash people - Texas IS it's own country.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Hey Mel. I just wanted to say how refreshing it was to read your story on the stand you took with your kid years ago, when you nailed his window shut and took his keys. Sounds like something I would do, cuz I'm so strict (AKA an active parent). I know this is tough, but it's good to see you still parenting your son, showing him right from wrong, even in the face of a family that has blurred those lines for your DS.

I hope you are doing well, despite all of the pain you have been experiencing lately. I hope your son comes around. I like the idea that you make a special day with the bride and groom if you choose not to attend the wedding.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

OMG! I am still wiping tears from my eyes after watching this - It's called "Houston We Have a Solution" - HA! - Warning, there are some naughty words in it... rotflmao

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Mel,
I just read this thread. It took me a LONG time to get through all the posts. You really have a lot of support here. I can not imagine what you are going through right now.
In 1985 my sister got married. We didn't know at the time that the father of the groom was having an affair. She was at the wedding! I think the mother of the groom had her suspicions but had her head in the sand. After the wedding he gave his wife the classic fog speak and left her for the OW. They were together for many years. BIL and his sister cut their dad out of their lives. He missed his daughter's wedding and the birth of 2 of his grandkids. The kids (and the rest of the family including WH's family) stuck by their mother 100%. Although it took YEARS WH finally left his affairage. He slowly started reconnecting with his family and his kids. His aunt passed away and he and his BXW reconnected at the funeral. He was very remorseful and apologized to her and the family. They started dating and got remarried. (No one saw that one coming!)They were married for about 10 years and he just passed away a few months ago.
Here's another one for you.....
The spouses of my DH's brother and sister had an affair that lasted for years. There were little kids involved. puke Again none of the families involved condoned that relationship. I met DH after the affair started. I couldn't wrap my head around it. The kicker is although the affair ended well over 10 years ago the boys of my BIL don't want their own mother at their weddings. The fact that everyone seems "ok" with your XWH affair just floors me. I would think YOU would come first over his dad. I can understand you both being at the wedding but not the HO.
BTW, what does your DH think about all this?

Last edited by suamico; 07/14/10 01:23 PM. Reason: I put mother of the bride instead of groom.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
P
P
Melody, I've been reading your thread with a great deal of sadness and trying to figure out what to say. I feel badly for everyone involved - you, your son, your future DIL - everyone except your ex-H and OW who are continuing to exhibit a serious lack of class and a surplus of cruelty.

Is there really no way that you, your H and your extended family can go to the wedding? They will be all be there to support you. It's clear that your son wants you there at his wedding - remember that the young lack the perspective and wisdom that comes with age, and he probably just feels caught between his parents. When he is older he will be able to understand much better what you are going through. When he is a parent - that's when it will hit him.

The OW is nothing in the scheme of things, and certainly nothing compared to you. Consider that attending your son's wedding may be a way to banish a horrible trigger forever.

Finally, have you thought about asking Dr. H? He might be able to give you some guidance. In any event, I wish you the very best, whatever you decide will be right for you.

pk

Last edited by penaltykill; 07/14/10 04:47 PM. Reason: grammar!
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

OMG! I am still wiping tears from my eyes after watching this - It's called "Houston We Have a Solution" - HA! - Warning, there are some naughty words in it... rotflmao

Mrs. W

rotflmao We're outta here!! rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Thank so much for the feedback, penaltykill and sumaco. smile

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
Hey Mel. I just wanted to say how refreshing it was to read your story on the stand you took with your kid years ago, when you nailed his window shut and took his keys.

Yes, I was the MEAN MOM and OW was the caring person who gave him a refuge from the meaness. Its amazing how much the language of sicko fogbabble has influenced his thinking. I can only hope and pray that he wakes up and rethinks that position now that he is an adult.

Thanks for your thoughts, SL. smile

Exposure 101

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation