Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
T
T
For the psychiatrist, I would tell your H that your psych has been continually encouraging you to do everything possible in your M. I am not going to tell you to record your appointments with your doc and play them back for your H....because I don't do that. I also don't tell him the order in which my gynecologist does his job. It's a doctor visit. And I'm not going to censor what I tell my doctor because I have an illness, and the pdoc is part of the treatment. In other words, you don't POJA your health. Just wanted to throw that out there.

G
G
SW,

specifically address the September hunting.

Have your husband invite OM to hunting, if OM is game that is. Lots of land in Texas, if you can't find OMW, perhaps OMW can try to find him.

God Bless
Gamma

M
M
Now there's a plan destined to have consequences. OM, BH and guns together in the same place.

Is it always open season on OM in Texas?

M
M
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Now there's a plan destined to have consequences. OM, BH and guns together in the same place.

Is it always open season on OM in Texas?

[Linked Image from i39.photobucket.com]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Ironic that you would suggest my H hunting with OM. My first "ick" moment with OM was when I emailed him when he was back in his home country that my H has discovered the A. OM's first reaction was "is he going to kill me" -- seriously. I thought "good heavens what a weenie -- my H is a hunter, not a murderer. If the wild Texas ways worry you, don't pursue married women -- how hard can that be?."

Told OM that my H is an excellent shot and a very good man and OM should be very, very thankful for the latter (that's a quote).

Astonishing that I couldn't see what was right in front of my face -- I'm foggy I know, but I am starting to see OM pretty damn clearly -- incredibly selfish jerk meets low hanging fruit with boundary issues. Sickening.

What a mess I have made.

Someday, a long long time from now, I will have to tell my H that story and about these posts. I promise you one day he and I will laugh about some of this -- humor is part of our healing. Don't worry, I know it will be years, but we will get there.

WS
M: 25 years
D21, S19, S15

Rome wasn't built in a day -- but it was built.
G
G
Read up: Become an expert on whatever he's hunting. Tell him something he may not know about the quarry's habits. Have him teach you how to clean his shotgun. Become an asset-in-boots. Or alternatively, Google "camouflage bra & panties." Order a set, and sneak into his truck before one of these trips with nothing else on. Take it as an intellectual challenge. Think outside-the-box & get creative. You need to be wooing him.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
T
T
Camouflage bra and panties....Oh Lord! I just know I have some relatives who own some of those! I have so many single-wide, gun rack, Skoal spittin', Kroger parking lot sittin' remarks I could make....but I don't want to thread jack too much.

G
G
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Camouflage bra and panties....Oh Lord! I just know I have some relatives who own some of those! I have so many single-wide, gun rack, Skoal spittin', Kroger parking lot sittin' remarks I could make....but I don't want to thread jack too much.
You True South'ners jes' crack me up. smirk

P
P

In my neck of the woods, it's the Dairy Queen parking lot.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Camouflage bra and panties....Oh Lord! I just know I have some relatives who own some of those!.

You mean everyone doesn't wear cammie panties?? What do these yankee gals wear?? laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
They wear "bump-its" because they can't get their hair to REALLY pouf, and they also wear leggings with those big sweaters and carry huge suitcase handbags and say "You Guys" and "Soda." rotflmao

V
V
Okay, you guys, seriously. I love me some soda at the end of a long day.

And don't hate on Dairy Queen. I grew up on their quality ice cream products. In fact, if I wasn't so worried about messing up my huge suitcase handbag, I would totally carry home a DQ ice cream cake RIGHT NOW.

But I don't let that little worry stop me. That's what my big sweater is for!

grin

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
V
V
Or is the big sweater for after I consume said Dairy Queen ice cream cake?

I'm confused... dontknow

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
W
W
Originally Posted by GloveOil
Or alternatively, Google "camouflage bra & panties."
[TJ]
GloveOil,

You so totally owe me a new monitor!!!!!!!
[/TJ]

SW,

I'm so happy to see you came back to face the fire. You're making progress. Remember, this is a marathon not a sprint. It will be the most difficult thing you have ever done, but it is a task you must undertake. It will be a roller coaster of ups and downs for quite a while. YOU need to keep your cool and weather them with grace and humility. That is the best thing you can do to help your BH heal. He needs to see through your actions that you are doing everything you possibly can to help rebuild from your choices. Really LISTEN to what the vets here are telling you. You may not always like what they have to say, but they will not lead you down the wrong path.

And change the stupid cellphone number already! The POSOM contacted my DW 14 months after NC was established. Do it for your peace of mind. Go to your BH and tell him you got the number changed because you love him and you will do anything to repair the damage you have done and to earn back the trust you so willingly threw away. He may say he doesn't need it, but do it anyways. I bet deep down he really does want you to, but his ego won't allow him to admit it yet. Hang in there and keep the faith...

Want2Stay

M
M
Originally Posted by PM
That would be right across from the CONOCO, right?

Down the block from the Super Walmart...

Where the TEXACO station was before they tore it down...

'Round the corner from the Piggly Wiggly...

On a more serious note...

SW,

Change the cell phone number and email address. My wife's OM contacted her after 13 months...

Mark

M
M
Originally Posted by PM
That would be right across from the CONOCO, right?

Down the block from the Super Walmart...

Where the TEXACO station was before they tore it down...

'Round the corner from the Piggly Wiggly...

You yankees don't have Piggly Wiggly and Texaco? Where do yankees shop?? crazy

Exposure 101

C
C
I was reading your thread and lol'd at this:

incredibly selfish jerk meets low hanging fruit with boundary issues.

What a great line. Change 'meets' to 'seeks' and you'd think it was a Craigslist ad! laugh

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
M
M
Come on Mel. I happen to know there's only one Piggly Wiggly in the whole state of Texas...
[Linked Image from pigglywiggly.com]
It's on their website...

I made sure there was one before I posted that.

WE have White Castle.
[Linked Image from lpestore.com]
And REAL pizza.
[Linked Image from bandgconsolidated.com]

And the grocer's name is Dominick...
[Linked Image from dominicks.com]
It's Chicago, whaddaya 'xpect?

M
M
Come on Mel. I happen to know there's only one Piggly Wiggly in the whole state of Texas...
[Linked Image from pigglywiggly.com]
It's on their website...

And your point is?? We all shop at dat store! laugh

Exposure 101

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Camouflage bra and panties....Oh Lord! I just know I have some relatives who own some of those!.

You mean everyone doesn't wear cammie panties?? What do these yankee gals wear?? laugh

Mel,

This yankee farm gal wears bibs and NO panties! I mean really, it is hot out here. And to think GM almost gave that all up.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation