Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
S
S
Originally Posted by Redeem_Me
I forced him into a state of public shame. How awful of me. I hate what I did and I am fighting not to hate myself to such a degree that I fall into despair and depression.

What I think is awful is that you haven't changed your email address and you are making your H endure more contact from OM.

I think it's awful that you are trying to get your H onboard the R train whilst you are still obsessing about OM and are unwilling to do what it takes to get over this infatuation.

I think it is a shame that you are still stuck in the fog and still talking about OM after everything you have read here.

Shame on you for not making protecting your M and H your #1 priority.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I am going to call you out on this one. You purposely glossed over my question about pictures, gifts, emails from the A...TWO TIMES... If the answer was yes, you have gotten rid of it or you were going to get rid of it, it would take three seconds to post that.

YES, I have gotten rid of everything. Donated things, tossed things in the garbage, sold things on Ebay... GONE.

Email address: closed for good

Phone number: changed

Facebook account: privacy set

THIS IS GOING TO KEEP YOU STUCK IN W/D which is evident from your recent fogbabble posts about OM and OMW.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I was obsessing about the OM. I've actually come a long way recently, only rarely think about the OM; the vacation away helped a lot. And my H and I have done a lot in terms of rebuilding our relationship. My BH is the main person on my mind.

Why am I not surprised you haven't changed your email address... *sigh* Are you going to change it? Changing all the ways in which OM can contact you is STEP ONE of RECOVERY. You know this!!

He contacted me in a really round-about way. I honestly didn't think he would be able to contact me at all in this way. I've changed things so that it's no longer a way to contact me.

S
S
He contacted me in a really round-about way.
What does this mean?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
R
OP Offline
R
I think it is a shame that you are still stuck in the fog and still talking about OM after everything you have read here.

Shame on you for not making protecting your M and H your #1 priority.

Don't shame me. I'm not the one who initiated contact.

As soon as the OM contacted me, I told my H. I promised my H that I would tell him if the OM tried to contact me, and I did just that.

I AM putting my M first.

You really don't even know how dedicated I have been to my H through all of this.

So lay off the shaming, please...

R
OP Offline
R
He contacted me in a really round-about way.
What does this mean?

I had something for sale online that I had forgotten was still up for sale on there (had sold it and forgot to delete the ad). The OM knew this was my item for sale.

I HONESTLY had FORGOTTEN COMPLETELY ABOUT THIS AD.

It is now deleted.

Last edited by Redeem_Me; 07/30/10 02:08 PM.
N
N
I wanted to share that the OM contacted me two days ago asking for me to send a picture of myself for him to show his W.
HOW did he contact you?? And WHY is this avenue still open????

Close this up NOW

She had shared with me (back when I had my text exchange with her) that she wanted to see what I looked like, although she didn't ask for a picture. I thought at that time about sending her a picture but didn't feel it was a good idea. I understand her anguish about not knowing what I look like, but I don't feel sharing a picture of myself with her would be helpful really. As a woman, I know how damaging that could be to have a picture of "the other woman". She will naturally compare herself to me, and I don't want that for her. What are your thoughts??

This whole part just ticks me off.........YOU are not in ANY position to decide what this poor woman needs or doesn't need. YOU are not in ANY position to control what she is thinking or not.

And as far as the comparison???? Are you kidding me???? You don't want that for her??? NOW you think of this???

She is going to do this whether or not she has a picture or not. With everything........it's too late to be saying you don't want this for her.....you honestly have no freaking clue to the damage you have done to this woman.......

Wish I didn't have to think about this at all, wish the OM hadn't contacted me...

Then FIX it so it doesn't happen again......

Any advice on how to handle this would be helpful.

Do NOT reply........close up this avenue......

HOWEVER.......IF OM's W contacts you or H in the future herself, then *I* think you should give her a photo. Sorry but that is the least you could do if that's what she needs..........it's not YOUR place to decide what she needs to heal or not......

Not2fun

S
S
You really don't even know how dedicated I have been to my H through all of this.

So lay off the shaming, please...
I am sorry, but I had a knee-jerk reaction to your post. It seems very much like you are trying to engage us once again in a discussion about OM. This needs to STOP.

I really hope you are being honest about getting rid of EVERYTHING from your A and that you have completely blocked contact into the future.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by not2fun
HOWEVER.......IF OM's W contacts you or H in the future herself, then *I* think you should give her a photo. Sorry but that is the least you could do if that's what she needs..........it's not YOUR place to decide what she needs to heal or not......

My H said this same thing. That's why I'm wondering if I should just send her a picture of me (since I have her email address) and be done with this.

And as far as the comparison???? Are you kidding me???? You don't want that for her??? NOW you think of this???

I have made mistakes in my past. Trying to do the right thing now. Please respect that. That's really the only thing I can do at this stage.

A person can change...

R
OP Offline
R
It seems very much like you are trying to engage us once again in a discussion about OM. This needs to STOP.

No, no... I'm honestly not intending to. I wish I had posted before he even contacted me so that you could have read about how much the vacation away with my H helped us in our relationship, how much it helped to heal us of some of the pain my A had caused.

Believe me, when I saw his email to me, my heart sank. I didn't want to have to tell my H, didn't want to have to bring us back in our recovery, but I promised I'd tell him.

My own gut reaction? I was sick to my stomach, couldn't sleep that night.

I really hope you are being honest about getting rid of EVERYTHING from your A and that you have completely blocked contact into the future.

I am being honest. He shouldn't be able to contact me, except through conventional mail or visiting my home (since I haven't moved).

I think my H contacting him will help, though. He hasn't contacted him yet, but he tried calling him yesterday. I hope he contacts him, though, because the OM needs to know that it's not okay to contact me.

V
V
But do women see this issue differently than men?

and

Is it "wrong" of me to not allow her a chance to see what I look like?

RM, this is where it's necessary to be selfish. Don't ever put your M second to anyone else.

You owe your BH far more than you owe this OMW.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
S
S
That's why I'm wondering if I should just send her a picture of me (since I have her email address) and be done with this.
NO!!! Do not send her ANYTHING! Why do you have her e-mail address? Get rid of it! Just in case you missed my previous post here is my opinion.

Originally Posted by suamico
This is such BS! puke
He sent you his picture to try and reconnect with you. HE wants your picture as a reminder for HIM. This has nothing to do with his BW and your BH
Leave this poor woman alone. Your OM is a scumbag.
Believe me, when I saw his email to me, my heart sank. I didn't want to have to tell my H, didn't want to have to bring us back in our recovery, but I promised I'd tell him.
Why did you open the e-mail?

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
R
OP Offline
R
NO!!! Do not send her ANYTHING! Why do you have her e-mail address? Get rid of it! Just in case you missed my previous post here is my opinion.

I'm not going to. Needed to confirm with you all that I shouldn't. Felt like there are enough BSs here to give me an idea of the "right" way to handle this situation.

He sent you his picture to try and reconnect with you.

He didn't send me his picture. He just said that he wanted me to send one to help his W find closure.

Leave this poor woman alone. Your OM is a scumbag.

Should my H send the OM's wife a note stating that the OM contacted me? What's the proper way to handle it when the OM breaks the "no contact" rule?

Why did you open the e-mail?

I wanted to know how he contacted me mostly. I wanted to close up that way for him to contact me. But I also wanted to know what the email said. I was planning on telling my H about it, knew I would read it eventually, didn't think it would matter if I read it then vs. later. Maybe that was wrong thinking, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

V
V
RM - suamico brings up a good Q re: why you opened the email when you knew it was from OM.

This is a good example of where EPs would help.

For instance, you could establish beforehand that should OM contact you in any way in the future (email, voicemail, text, pony express, etc.) you will NOT open it, but instead pass it straight on to your BH.

For emails (maybe texts, too?), I'm sure you can set up a filter that directs any email tagged from OM (his email, his name, etc.) straight past you and to your BH (or Trash or Spam or whatever).

One of my EPs is that I don't answer any phone calls where I don't recognize the number. That prevents accidental contact that way. If there's a voicemail, and if it ever happened to be from the OM, my EP is to hang up as soon as I identify it, tell my BH immediately, and we work out how to resolve it.

This is a perfect chance for you to be thinking of EPs, and to demonstrate to your BH that you're serious about R.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
N
N
Should my H send the OM's wife a note stating that the OM contacted me? What's the proper way to handle it when the OM breaks the "no contact" rule?

Yes, your HUSBAND should CALL this poor woman and let her know what transpired. She has every right to know what IS happening concerning her WH. This is the ONLY way to handle any contact what-so-ever. Then IF the wife wants to discuss the picture situation, they can. Whether or not one is sent should be a decision for your H to make alone. YOU get no say so in this, if you ask me.

I cannot think of one good reason for her NOT to see what you look like......

But I also wanted to know what the email said.

This is the ONLY real reason you read it.......the rest is superficial..........if you were truly only concerned about your H you would have told him IMMEDIATELY without reading.

Next time, tell H immediately without reading it and let HIM decided what to do from there........

Not2fun

N
N
I wanted to add for clarity, that H should CALL, not email the wife. He should make sure she knows of this. And you all don't know if OM is watching her emails for damage control.........

Not2fun

P
P
I wanted to add for clarity, that H should CALL, not email the wife. He should make sure she knows of this. And you all don't know if OM is watching her emails for damage control.........

Not2fun

Exactly! You can be anybody you want to be behind a computer screen.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
N
N
Exactly! You can be anybody you want to be behind a computer screen.

YEP!!!!! I'm really a slodgy, creeper in GODDESS clothing here........... flirt

Not2fun

Ps....... rotflmao.........I SO crack myself up!!!!!!

G
G
You need to understand that he will try to send some kind of reminder of him to you every several months, knowing full well that each time, it psychologically reconnects you to him and sets you waaaay back in forgetting about him. You can use a spam filter for him in your email address, if your address is too important for you for business reasons,or whatever to get rid of, but that will not prevent him contacting you through that route from a different email address or name. Simply DO NOT OPEN AND IMMEDIATELY TRASH any email from any address you do not know. Furthermore, do not confirm any friend request on FACEBOOK that you do not know and do not even look up their profile to try to get a clue. This applies to all social networking sites. He will likely pose as someone else, even a woman, with a phony pic, and if you approve, he will send things that eventually reveals who he really is. Do not answer any phone call from a number that is unknown or not in your phone address book. Best to change your cell phone number. Don't open any personal US mail from a sender that is unknown to you. Just throw it away. There is no chance that any such item could be more important than your marriage. Any phone call to your home phone that is unrecognizable by caller ID when it rings should not be answered. If it is important enough, they will leave a message. Affair partners will pull every single trick in the book, and some not in the book, to keep a foot in your brain door. Avoid restaurants that they like to frequent, events that they are likely to want to attend or know that you might be there. This should be a part of your EP's. All of it.

FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
L
L
You said

"No, no... I'm honestly not intending to. I wish I had posted before he even contacted me so that you could have read about how much the vacation away with my H helped us in our relationship, how much it helped to heal us of some of the pain my A had caused."

Then why didn't you discuss your relationship with BH and how things went this weekend first on your thread first? I'm not one to bash people but WOW your first instinct was to bring up OM. Why? You need to really look into yourself and discover why you are doing this. I have to agree with SusieQ...seems every time you have an opportunity to bring up OM..you do. Tell us about something positive that happened with you and BH this past week.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
S
S
He didn't send me his picture. He just said that he wanted me to send one to help his W find closure.
I went back and re-read your post. I miss read it. Sorry.
I wanted to know how he contacted me mostly. I wanted to close up that way for him to contact me. But I also wanted to know what the email said.
Why did you want to know what the e-mail said? You said it was through craigslist. How was the add posted? Did it have your e-mail address? Was this an e-mail address he already had?

I was planning on telling my H about it, knew I would read it eventually, didn't think it would matter if I read it then vs. later. Maybe that was wrong thinking, but hopefully you understand what I mean.
What do you mean by you knew you would read it eventually? You do know now that was a bad idea correct?

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation