Heard a good news story today.

Ran into a friend who used to sit by me. Have not seen her for about 8 months.

She has been D for 4 years. Her XH was involved in an A and was an alcoholic. About a year after her D she moved to this state for a job opportunity.

Told me today that they have reconciled! dance2

She went into her own version of a Plan B and rebuilt her life. While she was "moving on", things for XH were not going well. His A imploded then he went further down the alcohol slippery slope till he hit rock bottom.

XH went into recovery and has been sober about 1.5 years. He contact his XS about 8 months ago asking her to attend a family wedding that was on a cruise. She attended and they spent time together and she saw the changes in him.

Now 2 months ago he retires from his job, moves to this state and they are reconciling. He is working his AA program and has made significant positive changes in the M.

He is now looking for some part time work till she retires next year. SHe told me he gets up at 4:30 am to make her breakfast during the week because she needs to be in work by 6 am.

She said something to the effect "this is the marriage and husband that I should have had for all these years"

She was actually glowing.

It was a far cry from the woman who was so done with her
xH

I did tell her about this site and to look at the recovery site to help her along.

Thought it might inspire...

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."