Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 89 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 88 89
V
V
I said in my first post, I agree with you - but your words will carry more weight if you bother to back them up.

This forum is for imparting Marriage Builder's advice. Knowing how much a person knows and how well they've implemented that advice is CRUCIAL to the weight of their words.

But whatever....

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
D
D
My rant for this particular moment is about new posters who come in and obviously have never bothered to read the forum rules but just leave little piles of doo doo that upset people who are trying to get through an incredibly hard time.

My original rant for today smirk will just have to wait.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
A
A
Sometimes when someone hear's a rant they try to fix the source of the ranting. I know the rants about people not sticking to original post and not having a siggy was about me. Sorry for not sticking to one thread. It is tempting to start a new one about specific questions because you think the subject line will draw more attention. Selfish wayward behavior right.

Also, I added a siggy.

FWW me - 35, BH - 50, 5 kids total (blended fam)
Dday - 1/29/2010, Exposure & NC same day
Recovering slowly
V
V
Originally Posted by DancesWithGoats

There isn't a limit on rants, is there?!?!? If there is there shouldn't be!

Rant away DWG! Rant away!

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
D
D
Originally Posted by Vibrissa

There isn't a limit on rants, is there?!?!? If there is there shouldn't be!

Rant away DWG! Rant away!

LOL, I will wait. I would rather not belabor the points smile

Besides, I have boots to clean.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

S
S
My rant for today is that so often here abuse complaints from WS and occasionally BS are ignored, dismissed or minimised.

There is no place where where a couple in an abusive relationship can feel safe to work on their M. Their M is quite often written off. I really think that with the right tools, their M can be saved and they can have a loving relationship.

or...

What was it that I said or did that meant I was allowed to hang around and work through my DV problem even though I was WW?

Can anyone post lists of MBers that have recovered from domestic violence and an A, or just domestic violence?

C
C
My rant for this particular moment is about new posters who come in and obviously have never bothered to read the forum rules but just leave little piles of doo doo that upset people who are trying to get through an incredibly hard time.

My Rant is that its not a rant to agree with this so I should just not post how true it is cuz it might start a chain reaction.

Good call DWG

I
I
Originally Posted by u233sws
Sometimes when someone hear's a rant they try to fix the source of the ranting. I know the rants about people not sticking to original post and not having a siggy was about me. Sorry for not sticking to one thread. It is tempting to start a new one about specific questions because you think the subject line will draw more attention. Selfish wayward behavior right.

Also, I added a siggy.
I wasn't ranting about you...in fact, when I posted to your thread, I was unaware that you had multiple threads. Don't beat yourself up about it--I opened multiple threads myself when I first started. Then I realized how inefficient it was. Now, I only open threads when it's off topic and my "life story" thread(s) are way dormant. When I'm ready to re-evaluate, I'll dig one of them up. So don't beat yourself up about that. If you were to CONTINUE behavior after you've learned about the importance of one thread, THEN we'll rant about you! smile

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
H
H
My rant for today...

*******edit*******

Postings that are eliminated by the moderators for whatever reason and that I did not get the opportunity to read them redflag rotflmao redflag!!!

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by hope3343
My rant for today...

*******edit*******

Postings that are eliminated by the moderators for whatever reason and that I did not get the opportunity to read them redflag rotflmao redflag!!!

rotflmao I agree. I'm like, "Dang! Missed another one!"

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
I
I
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
My rant for today...

*******edit*******

Me too! What the HECK did I miss? Can I get a HINT at least? Come on--enquiring minds want to know!!!

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
D
D
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
My rant for today...

*******edit*******

Sock Puppet, that is all it was, making doo doos all over.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

C
C
Well, do we have to post rules about rants? Just the nature of ranting will offend someone. I would think that keeping it away from personal names and specific situations should be good enough.

Rebutting a rant cuz you think its aimed at you is counter-productive, if it bugs ya quote it to your thread. If no names were used then it should work well to deal with it there, and you can straighten out if need be.

Most likely it will be a repeat topic anyways. People ussually do not say negative things here that they didn't allready say there. This isn't a bashing thread. Its for letting off steam.

So what should be the rules about the rant thread? I don't want to see it locked like the last one.

S
S
Originally Posted by u233sws

Also, I added a siggy.

ACTUALLY, it wasn't about you specifically.

I am NOT the thread police, there are mods for that. There is NO rule on MB that says you CAN NOT start new threads. I was jut ranting about anyone who does it and doesn't have a siggy and multiple threads for each new question.

I can't always remember who is who and what has been done and so forth. especially when someone comes back after a few months and then I have NO CLUE. I am also a slow reader.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
I just HATE posters that feel the need to use stupid smiley faces constantly on their posts thinking that they are "cute" or "funny"...They are just damn annoying!!!!!!

PS...and NO, I will not mention the posters name...you guys will just have to figure it out on your own!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
I just HATE posters that feel the need to use stupid smiley faces constantly on their posts thinking that they are "cute" or "funny"...They are just damn annoying!!!!!!

PS...and NO, I will not mention the posters name...you guys will just have to figure it out on your own!!!!!

They should be shot!! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

They should be shot!! grin

stickout Teeheehee...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

V
V
Ooh, ooh!

[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

It's me, I just know it is!

I am sooooo digging these smileys!

How could you not love these?? dontknow

hurray

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
S
S
sigh Unfortunately its not just you using them Mrs Vanilla.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
How could you not love these?? dontknow

hurray

She is a lying dawg! She loves smilies! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 9 of 89 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation