Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 89 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 88 89
M
M
[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

N
N
Me thinks Marky is just trying to get his post count up.......... skeptical

Not

M
M
Mark's just tired of typing posts that require a lot of thought and get ignored...

M
M
Besides, when someone issues a smiley challenge...

K
K
Oh MY EYES!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
S
Mark, even if the intended posters ignore your post there is no doubt that you are helping a lot of others that read it...You have helped me numerous times and havent even known it....

[Linked Image from ts1.mm.bing.net]

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
So that's MY rant...

N
N
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Mark's just tired of typing posts that require a lot of thought and get ignored...

Ignore YOU????!!!?!???!!!...... faint

Point 'em out to me........ twoxfour

Not2ashamedtouseMarksermon'sweshecantthink

C
C
Well its not a rant but, I have been thinking about all the great advice given here and the sometimes deaf ears it falls upon.

If it wern't for the people who consistently say the same things over and over untill the little light bulb comes to life in our heads at the exact time God only knows it is needed, where would we all be?

A word in season, but we don't know when it will mean anything or when it will work, only God knows when the time is.

So thats not a rant, but a word of appreciation, in season I hope.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
M

M
M

S
S
Nighty Night, Mark...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Well its not a rant but, I have been thinking about all the great advice given here and the sometimes deaf ears it falls upon.

If it wern't for the people who consistently say the same things over and over untill the little light bulb comes to life in our heads at the exact time God only knows it is needed, where would we all be?

A word in season, but we don't know when it will mean anything or when it will work, only God knows when the time is.

So thats not a rant, but a word of appreciation, in season I hope.

Exactly!

Repetition is the mother of learning.

If it wasn't for reading the same principles over and over again in slightly different angles, I wouldn't have really got the ideas so quickly and thoroughly.

Lately, I reread a book on marriage that I had read about five years ago. It struck to me how it was essentially discussing the same things, even some terms were similar or exactly the same. But since some of this (boundaries, radical honesty, joint agreement and stuff) was discussed way too shortly, I just did not grasp the importance then.

So Mark, do NOT think that you have not been heard. Maybe not the person who it was meant to, but so many others have had a light come up in their heads...

I have become a fervent herald of MarriageBuilders, telling people about this forum, giving some links.. And quite many of them have been Mark's posts.

Thank you.

Me: FWW 31
DH: BH 32
M: April 2001
DSs b 2005 and 2006
EA began summer~autumn 2009, D-Day1 Feb 2010
EA went uglier until NC-letters mid-June 2010
Discovering MB site end of June 2010
D-Day 2 Jul 7, 2010, followed by 2 other D-days (Jul 14, 2010, and Jul 31?, 2010)

Falling back in love - or so it seemed...
S
S
ITA with sparkler

and I have on occasion, realised that you've stopped posting the same thing repeatedly to me, with a different analogy and then seen you post something similar ot someone else and that is the

[Linked Image from cool-smileys.com]

moment for me

L
L
bi-bi

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
N
N

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh, Mark. And FWIW, I NEVER ignore you.......sometimes it just takes me more than sermon to "get it". I blame those pesky hair chemicals....... grin

Not

M
M
Not,

In case you and your H are interested, the class my wife and I are running in September is also being led at the church we went to training at in Troy. It's a good "refresher" for those familiar with the Basic Concepts and already using them and after paying once you can take it as a refresher any time for free for life.

Just thought I'd mention it.

If you can't find the link and are interested, I can send it to you.

Mark

[/tj]

N
N
Not,

In case you and your H are interested, the class my wife and I are running in September is also being led at the church we went to training at in Troy. It's a good "refresher" for those familiar with the Basic Concepts and already using them and after paying once you can take it as a refresher any time for free for life.

Just thought I'd mention it.

If you can't find the link and are interested, I can send it to you.

[/tj]

Thanks for thinking of me Mark.........I'll talk it over with Mr. and see where that gets me.......

Hmmmmmm..... think.......maybe B will lend me her shoes for the talk...... wink

Not

M
M
Q: "What should I do?"

A: "I think you should ____ and definitely ___ and maybe even ___ because this article <Insert link here> describes what you need to do clearly and even gives you the reasons WHY it is what you should do."

Q: "Yeah, I read that. I understand what you are saying exactly. Thanks so much for that link, it is a great help. So, now what do you think I should do."

A: "I still think you should do ____ and ____ and probably ___ as well."

Q: "Yeah, you are probably right. But in my situation what would be the right thing to do?"

A: "Follow the Plan outlined in SAA or in this thread here <link>."

Q: Yeah but what about MY situation?"

A: "I thought we addressed that already. Here let me repeat this for you in case you missed it [quote previous post] [Quote additional supporting information] [quote another previous explanation]"

Q: "Got it. Thanks!"

Q: You know, I was thinking about this ___ and ___ and even the ___ everyone says I should do, but I don't think it fits or applies or actually addresses my problem very well, so instead I'm gonna do %^&^&%"

Q: "Well, my H/W is moving out this weekend to live with AP. Anybody know what I should do?"

A:[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

[/rant]

N
N
Eh hemmmmmm.........Mr. Mark.......

If I may be so bold.....as a once upon a time, not so long ago newbie, who took weeks and months of frusterating the heck out of the good people here (dat be YOU...) doing all those things mentioned above......I have to say....

I am FOREVER GRATEFUL for those (dat be YOU again...... grin) who took the time and energy to stay with me till the end.......even when I tested and tried their patience over and over and over and over.......(yeah, dat still be YOU.....)........... kiss

Not

Ps.....but I have to say, now being on the other side of the affair......ya all should have shot me!!!!!!....... wink

Now I "get" it......... rotflmao

Page 12 of 89 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation