Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
It depends on how it effects you being around. Can you get some of his family to come and take it?

Remember this is not a confrontation, this is you protecting your very sanity by removing him from your life.

Packing it up sends a good message. But PB is about YOU, hon..

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
Originally Posted by cherrychip
Thank you! I feel this is a huge part of recovery, everytime I look at something it all comes rushing back to the forefront!

Twelve years of crap to pack! ugh the thought...lots of tears and emotions I am sure!

The reason you should box it up and ask him to come get it is because Plan B is supposed to emulate divorce. This is supposed to give him a taste of what life will be when you are divorced. And if you are divorced, you are certainly not going to be his personal storage unit.

And more importantly, you won't be triggered every time you look at his crap.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by Mel
The reason you should box it up and ask him to come get it is because Plan B is supposed to emulate divorce.

Wayzilla thought she was coming to pick up a couch. Her plan was to pop by now and then and pick up something. It was not my plan.

When I opened the garage door she was faced with her entire life boxed, stacked and waiting.

You should have seen her face.

It took me and another guy 15-20 minutes to fill her van.

I asked her to come into the house to make a couple judgement calls on things that could go either way. Inside the house there was no evidence she ever existed there.

She walked around dazed and said multiple times, "This is just too much."

Last edited by chrisner; 08/12/10 02:16 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
She walked around dazed and said multiple times, "This is just too much."

Ya think??? MrRollieEyes Duma$$ wayturds!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
When my XWH dumped me for OW, I paid someone to pack it all up and put it in the garden shed. Then I left a message on his cell phone telling him he could come get it but let him know the locks had been changed on the house.
Wouldn't you know he never did come get it. I UPSed his important documents, business records, kids pictures/letters to him c/o his mom and the rest went to Goodwill a year later.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
C
OP Offline
C
Thank you so much for all the help! I can say that you individuals are the reason I am surviving and mending myself everyday!

I read all your stories, and all the encouragement that comes from MB is amazing!

K
K
Cherrychip,
It is amazing, I love the people on this site! We all help each other get through it. Keep us posted on how it's going...

K
K
CherryChip,
Haven't heard anything this week, how are you doing?

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation