Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
SteveinJAX #2418449 08/18/10 09:16 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by SteveinJAX
Wheels, I have gotten througha few pages of your thread, but not deep enough yet, so I'll keep reading. But I started wondering how you turned off the internet and wondered if if that would be a good thing to do while I am at work? With the keylogger though, it gives me good intel in the conversations she is having, and if I pull the internet away from her she will resort to something else I can't track... no cell phone tracker for her phone. I don't want them communicating, but I want the intel too. Should I take the router to work with me tomorrow?

noooooooooooo, don't turn off the internet. Steve, we need some solid evidence of this affair and then I will help you do a very strategic nuclear exposure that will hopefully annhilate the affair in one day. No guarantees, of course, but that is my hope.

And we cant do that if you have no evidence because your wife will be able to dismiss your claims.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

SteveinJAX #2418450 08/18/10 09:18 PM
M
M
She knows I am talking to someone, just not who. Is that going to make the situation better or worse. I have access to this site a work... should I keep everything there, or at home only when she is not around or paying attention?

When she comes out of her addiction, you can tell her about us. But it is ok to post from home as long as you be sure and sign out when you leave.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2418489 08/18/10 11:34 PM
L
L
And erase your history.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
MelodyLane #2418528 08/19/10 04:02 AM
S
OP Offline
S

noooooooooooo, don't turn off the internet. Steve, we need some solid evidence of this affair and then I will help you do a very strategic nuclear exposure that will hopefully annhilate the affair in one day. No guarantees, of course, but that is my hope.

And we cant do that if you have no evidence because your wife will be able to dismiss your claims.

[/quote]

Mel, just so I am clear... what solid evidence am I looking for... just the fact that she is talking to him behind my back is enough for me. What exactly are we looking for?

Me: BH (35)
WW (29)
DD (5)
DS (1)
D-Day: EA 8/7/10
SteveinJAX #2418557 08/19/10 08:09 AM
W
W
I recorded any dirty text between them, scheduling time together, messages or letters that say I love you, pictures, and phone bills showing rate of texting (almost 250 texts a day). Most of this came from FB Messages, chats, and email. VAR, credit card purcheses for flowers and gifts, and a keylogger are great way to get info. I had days on top of days worth of stuff, mainly because sapph did not even try to hide it. Still I probably only had about 1% of the stuff they said.

SteveinJAX #2418563 08/19/10 08:17 AM
M
M
Mel, just so I am clear... what solid evidence am I looking for... just the fact that she is talking to him behind my back is enough for me. What exactly are we looking for?

Steve, we need the proof that this is an affair. I strongly believe her desire to divorce is based entirely on an affair. She wants to leave in order to pursue her affair with this guy.

When you have that, it will be much easier to nuke the affair through exposure and remove any deniability.

HOWEVER, if you don't get the goods by this weekend, I think you should expose anyway.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2418568 08/19/10 08:25 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Steve, we need the proof that this is an affair. I strongly believe her desire to divorce is based entirely on an affair. She wants to leave in order to pursue her affair with this guy.

When you have that, it will be much easier to nuke the affair through exposure and remove any deniability.

HOWEVER, if you don't get the goods by this weekend, I think you should expose anyway.

Mel, the guy lives in Arkansas. She isn't going to leave to go see him anytime soon, let alone by this weekend. They continue to communicate via e-mail, but it's mostly just talking about daily activities... which is what she should be sharing with me and not him!!!

WW (29)
DD (5)
DS (1)
SteveinJAX #2418570 08/19/10 08:28 AM
M
M
Mel, the guy lives in Arkansas. She isn't going to leave to go see him anytime soon, let alone by this weekend. They continue to communicate via e-mail, but it's mostly just talking about daily activities... which is what she should be sharing with me and not him!!!

I am hoping they say something about their intentions or what they have done. Something that difinitively shows they are having an affair.

Exposure 101

SteveinJAX #2418571 08/19/10 08:30 AM
M
M
See, I think something happened when they met and some plans were laid. She is telling this guy she is getting divorced and she needs him to believe that to keep him on the line. I want to know what they did and what they have planned.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2418574 08/19/10 08:34 AM
S
OP Offline
S
How's this...

OM: XXXX brought up some things the other day that I thought were pretty funny.

WW: yeah, like what?

OM: That he'd never call me uncle. That any conversations we had about sex from now on would be onesided and if I was prepared to go a year without it lol

WW: lol I have to agree with him there. so are you prepared?

OM: Lol sadly I've done it before. And that time it wasn't by choice. I'll be fine

WW: good to know.

That's as close as I've seen to intentions thusfar... but they are talking about waiting for a year to have sex.

WW (29)
DD (5)
DS (1)
MelodyLane #2418575 08/19/10 08:37 AM
H
H
Odds are high that something happened at this wedding between her and this guy. Their connection is stronger than one based on just flirting. It may have been a kiss, or maybe more, but something happened to where these two have crossed the line to flirt with each other the way they are doing. I�d be surprised if that wasn�t the case. People don�t take steps to destroy their marriages for someone they just find cute and flirt with. This is deeper and likely more happened.

M
M
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
People don�t take steps to destroy their marriages for someone they just find cute and flirt with. This is deeper and likely more happened.

AGREE. And if he has proof of this, it will make his exposure all the more effective.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2418591 08/19/10 09:45 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Watching and waiting, but it could be awhile before they reveal anything like that through e-mail... and maybe they never will.

Her family already knows and is supporting her. They will not tell me if anything happened while she was there with this OM.

WW (29)
DD (5)
DS (1)
SteveinJAX #2418594 08/19/10 09:51 AM
L
L
Why and how is her family supporting her? She must have twisted the story to make herself out a victim. What gives?

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
S
OP Offline
S
I exposed to her family the fact that she was talking to and is interested in another man via Facebook. I let them know what she was doing, and how she was destroying our family and our marriage. I asked them for their advice and assistance to get her focused on saving our marriage and away from the OM.

Her family contacted her and said they were sorry that I was putting her through this, and that stuff like that was best kept between the two of us. All of her brothers and sisters have been previously divorced and remarried, and happy in their follow on marriage. Only person in her family that hasn't been divorced yet is her mother. I have not exposed to her yet though.

Still trying to find if OM is married, sounds like he is and is separated but not divorced. Would not surprise me if he is still married and separated that his wife doesn't care. I need to spend some time looking for a PI. Any suggestions?

WW (29)
DD (5)
DS (1)
SteveinJAX #2418602 08/19/10 10:18 AM
L
L
Someone mentioned Spokeo.com in a previous post. They got more info from that locator site than any other. Don't recall if it was on this thread or not. You might want to check it out?

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
S
OP Offline
S
Yes, I checked it out... he wasn't on there at all. He may have had himself blocked previously.

WW (29)
DD (5)
DS (1)
SteveinJAX #2418605 08/19/10 10:25 AM
S
S
Yes, I checked it out... he wasn't on there at all. He may have had himself blocked previously.

Sounds like he's done this before!! And he has experience from other woman husbands trying to find him, HAHAHAHA! laugh

H
H
How are you holding up during all of this? I think you�re doing well and keeping your head together. Let her mother know ASAP.

S
OP Offline
S
I am holding up ok, but my mind is seriously distracted from anything other than this. I want so much just to fix it right now and make it better. With all the info I have been learning in the last couple of weeks through MB and HNHN, I just want to start putting everything into action now now now. But this didn't happen overnight and it won't be fixed overnight.

I am doing my best to keep my head together, but continuing to read e-mail conversations back and forth between them via keylogger is depressing, as well as the fact I know I can't react to those e-mails.

We have some friends coming in town tomorrow that are on my side of this, and they are going to talk to her. Another friend of hers is going to call her on Saturday to talk to her. All of these folks are on my side and they told me they are going to tell her that she needs to wake up and realize what she is doing to her family and that she is making the biggest mistake of her life. I am hoping that will help. And I will continue to recruit anyone and everyone that will support me and have them convince her that she just needs to stop this.

Once I can get her out of the fog, I can get her into MB and we can begin to restore our marriage.

I just feel helpless in this situation right now. Things are moving way too slow, and I am a fast paced guy. I am keeping it under control though, as I do not want to rush anything that I know will take time.

So hopefully her friends will help make her see and pull her towards the light.

I know I need to let her mother know, but with the way she reacted to the exposure to the rest of her family, she told me that I did nothing but make myself look like and [censored], and that it was conducive to trying to work things out. I know that these are words of anger from her and her fogginess, but man do they hurt. I don't know if she has said anything to her mother, or if any of her family has yet either. I'll see how this weekend goes with her friends.

WW (29)
DD (5)
DS (1)
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation