Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2470615 02/01/11 08:54 AM
S
OP Offline
S
My wife had an affair 15 years ago and we stayed together. We are married 25 years and I can feel it happening again. Late nights, many stories that don't add up and many other things. I have no proof, but feel just feeling this is bad enough. I can't trust her and then wonder how I can stay in the marriage. I am sure there is someone else, but have no proof. There is late nights that are unscheduled, no desire for sex, and lately the private callers that don't speak when I answer the phone. I know it is true. Even if there isn't the fact that she made me feel like this(no trust) is bad enough that I wonder how it can last.
Can or should I go to a divorce lawyer for consultation even without evidence to see what to do? We live with a 19 year old with some psychological issues. She is very close to me. I worry about her a lot and what this would do to her. I am very sad about this.

G
G
SW,

Did you read up on some of the other threads on this site.

You should snoop like crazy to gather your evidence. But you
need to be very discrete about it so she doesn't go further underground.

Do you have an idea who the OM is?

Did you ever really recover from the affair 15 years ago? Or are their aspects of it which she still holds secret.

Use the search function to scan for keywords pertaining to your circumstances here on MB.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 02/01/11 10:15 AM.
P
P
Click on the link in my TAG line (carrot/stick) and read how to get started on Plan A.

It's just a start, not anything else.

P
P
Click on this LINK for newly betrayed spouses and read carefully.
Just about everything is there.

Step 1:
Snoop for evidence
Say NOTHING
BEHAVE normally

Gamma #2470795 02/01/11 01:17 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have been reading through the forum and it is very helpful. The affair 15 years ago was traumatic and recovery slow. I recently noticed she searched for the same man on Facebook. It may well be the same man this time. I don't know what to do next because I don't have definitive proof, but know in my heart and the way things are happening.
I would rather know the truth then go on like this.I know I have to be discreet. My daughter doesn't know about the first time and I am worried about her.

Thank you

P
P

S
OP Offline
S
The hardest part is acting like nothing is wrong when I am so hurt. How is that possible? It is very hard. Guess I couldn't be an actor.I also have to be strong for my daughter

P
P
Originally Posted by Starwriter
The hardest part is acting like nothing is wrong when I am so hurt. How is that possible?

Tell WW that you feel like you might be coming down with some virus.
Tell her you don't feel good.
Tell her you haven't slept well.
Tell her you are having work stress.
Tell her you think there is something wrong with your stomach.

M
M
Starwriter, don't ask her if she is having an affair. Just quietly get the goods. Place a GPS on her car, put spyware on her computer, install flexispy on her phone. Hire a PI if you can.

Get the goods and then come back here and we will tell you next steps.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
I already suffer from chronic pain(from injuries) that has me out of work. It is hard not to tell(my daughter) how I feel.
We are close and this will hurt her.

I believe most of contact done from work. A Pi may be my best bet. I think most of the other things will be hard. I don't know how I will do it. Even a PI will be expensive.

M
M
Sorry you are here but you need to snoop and behave normally.

Put a free keylogger on your PC called Desktop shark at www.desktopshark.com it will not alert your antivirus.

P
P
Even a PI will be expensive.

Search Craig's list.

S
OP Offline
S
I installed a keylogger, but feel guility. Maybe I'm going crazy. I hate having to go through this again.

H
H
The truth will help you set up a plan. Not knowing is no plan. I am sorry you find yourself here.

If you discover an A then you need to sit your daughter down and tell her the truth. Covering up for wife will only help her carry on the A longer.

It is traumatic and stressful. Breathe and be pro-active. Do not give your WS any signs that you are checking up on her. Just do it. Does she have a cell phone? Look at her texts. Follow her from work. Was the OM in the same state as you?

These are just more suggestions.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
V
V
It sounds like she is talking to him on the home phone, right? You can easily record all the conversations. You'll need two devices.

1--A phone recorder control like #43-2208 Phone Recorder Control from Radio Shack

2--A digital voice recorder

In a discreet location, plug the phone recorder into an unused phone jack in the house. Plug the audio plug of the control into the digital voice recorder. It will now record all of the home phone calls.

Vity #2471023 02/01/11 08:16 PM
S
OP Offline
S
No, not the home phone. It is either email or work phone. She is out again tonight and me and my daughter are home. A typical night anymore. Keylogger installed.

G
G
SW,

You can get a GPS to put on her car.

God Bless
Gamma

Gamma #2472744 02/06/11 07:14 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Keylogger works great. No sign of anything yet and wife has been home and acting normal. Maybe I was wrong, but I know better then to completely believe it yet. Will keep in PI mode.

X
Xau Offline
X
Never believe a wayward they have the amazing ability to go underground. The only two effective processes I found was a Pi and that eventually costs or a polygraph. She may be communicating by some other means, keep the keylogger going and give some thought as to how else she may be contacting OM . This must not dominate your life , be erratic , pitch up at work unannounced and take her out, change the evening schedule , at very short notice take her away on a break, this behaviour will if she is in contact with OM disrupts their schedule and force mistakes, when doing this you must not pre warn her.

Last edited by Xau; 02/06/11 08:12 AM.
M
M
SW, sorry you are here. Help is here. Listen to the VETS.

We are close and this will hurt her.

How old is your daughter? If she is anywhere above tween she should be told...ONCE YOU HAVE EVIDENCE.

Wait until you have proof. Don't tell her anything yet.

It would be like if you thought you had an incurable disease and thought you were going to die and you tell her you're going to die. Lo and behold once you go to the doctor he tells you that you only have the flu. No need to worry her about something that may or may not be happening.

BS/ME 47 Met on blind date
WH 46(Alcoholic,drugs?)
DS1:18 DS2:15
1st A EA9/07 PA10/07 NC11/07
2nd A EA/PA-10/2010
Found out- 11/20/2010
He moved out-1/1/2011 same apt.cmplx as OW(&her kids)
PlanB-1/1/11(broken)
NEW PB-2/11 Taking it one day at a time

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who say to God, "Thy will be done" and those to whom God says, "Alright then, have it your way." ~C .S.Lewis

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation