Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2470971 02/01/11 06:18 PM
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
im 21
he is 25
2 children 1 is 2 and the other is 1
married for a 1 and a half

i dont know where to begin, he has asked for a divorce and he says he is not happy but i have found text and lettters from another woman he works with, he says he dont love me anymore in scraed to death becuase my children mean the world to me. he is my life and i dont want this.. this has been going on since novmenber. i want a happy marriage and i want to save it!! help please!! anyone have any advice!!?????

I just found out my husband has been having an affair since nov of 2010, we have two small children we still live together and he wants a divorce how do I stop this and save my marriage???? Help please!!!
ADscott #2470975 02/01/11 06:24 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by ADscott
im 21
he is 25
2 children 1 is 2 and the other is 1
married for a 1 and a half

i dont know where to begin, he has asked for a divorce and he says he is not happy but i have found text and lettters from another woman he works with, he says he dont love me anymore in scraed to death becuase my children mean the world to me. he is my life and i dont want this.. this has been going on since novmenber. i want a happy marriage and i want to save it!! help please!! anyone have any advice!!?????
Hi AD, sorry you're here but we can help you. Can you tell us a little more about this? Who is OW? Do you know her? Is she married? What does she do where your H works? What does your H do? How long have each of them worked there?

Have you told him you found the letters and texts? Don't, if you haven't already. Keep that to yourself for now.

You've come to the right place. hug

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Sorry you are here but welcome.

I know it is hard, but try to remain calm. Read up on Plan A, about wooing your H back to the M while working to bust up the A. Here is a link: Carrot & Stick of Plan A

Answer MB's questions, read up and come back. We can help you. Hang in there. ((adscott))

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2470984 02/01/11 06:47 PM
S
S
Some more Qs:
What exactly do the texts and letters say? Are they letters or emails? Can you make copies?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2471090 02/01/11 11:47 PM
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Sorry to say guys but I only have copy of the letter saying " baby I love u you are so amazing I love u so much and I can't wait to start my life with you, " he knows I have found everything.. And they work together!! She tried to be my friend and I didn't want her to be, the text are alot of calling each other baby and talking about "doing it" I'm all new to this and the divorce will happen soon so I need major help!!! I just want to prove I can be a great wife and mom and u love my family!!! Oh and the girl just got a divorce, she has two kids also and I have her phone number, everyone in the family and their work knows! HELP!!

I just found out my husband has been having an affair since nov of 2010, we have two small children we still live together and he wants a divorce how do I stop this and save my marriage???? Help please!!!
ADscott #2471130 02/02/11 07:48 AM
C
C
Very sorry that you are here. This is a club that has grown to epic proportions that none of us want to be in, but we are, and we welcome you. Read up on everything that you can. I found that the book "Surviving an Affair" became my Bible. Remember that no matter what happens and what is said, THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. You will get through this! Be strong dear. It is a tough road, but you have come to the right place.

ADscott #2471219 02/02/11 11:42 AM
S
S
Sorry to say guys but I only have copy of the letter saying " baby I love u you are so amazing I love u so much and I can't wait to start my life with you, " he knows I have found everything..

When you spoke to your H, did he admit the A? It sounds like you have the proof you need but you may want to go ahead and set up a VAR/GPS in the car for further evidence.

How do you know OW is divorced? Have you verified this independently? Even if she is really divorced, I would still exopse this to her XH.

Lastly, has this been exposed to anybody yet?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2471531 02/03/11 12:34 AM
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
No he did not admit it but he admited to calling her baby and yes I have told her EX H.. What is this GPS thing u are talking about.. His family knows and his work knows. He told me to ask her why she told him she loved him but I dint think that was a good idea??? Should I call or text her? He is telling me he is going to file at the end of feb, and that he is taking our daughter and getting full custody, her divorce is final. His family has said if he was to divorce me and be with her that she was not welcome around any of them

ADscott #2471532 02/03/11 12:35 AM
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
What should I say and how should I act twards him!?????

ADscott #2471595 02/03/11 10:07 AM
M
M
No he did not admit it but he admited to calling her baby and yes I have told her EX H.. What is this GPS thing u are talking about.. His family knows and his work knows. He told me to ask her why she told him she loved him but I dint think that was a good idea??? Should I call or text her? He is telling me he is going to file at the end of feb, and that he is taking our daughter and getting full custody, her divorce is final. His family has said if he was to divorce me and be with her that she was not welcome around any of them
I would be terribly tempted to call that skank and tell her that she won't have a minute's peace as long as she is tramping around my husband.

I would also tell your husband that you do not want the divorce and will fight it. I would suggest you also tell him that you will do whatever it takes to get primary custody of your children. Tell him this isn't going to be a happy little switch over to a new wife for him and a new mommy for his children.

Can you tell us what State you are in?

D-Day 2-10-2009

A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I live in Alabama

If he files for divorce what do I do???

ADscott #2471670 02/03/11 11:43 AM
M
M
I live in Alabama

If he files for divorce what do I do???

Again, tell him that you have no intention of allowing your M to slip quietly away so he can enjoy his adulterous lifestyle. Tell him that you believe in your M and will do whatever you can to save it.

Having said that: tell him you intend to fight the D with everything you can.

You live in an 'alienation of affection' state. Tell him that you intend to countersue for alienation of affection against OW on the grounds of their affair.

Google Alienation of Affection Lawsuit and read up on this. Your state will recognize it.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 02/03/11 11:43 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

W
W
Oh, the flawed logic of a wayward. I was going to write something, but maritalbliss always sums up everything perfectly.

Follow the advice here and your husband will be in for a rude awakening.

Last edited by Wisertoday; 02/03/11 12:30 PM.

Me: FBH (2010) and FWH (1996): 40
Her: FWW and FBW: 40

2011: In recovery

A's are merely chocolate-covered cancer lollipops.
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I have told him a million times I don't want it. I have told him that I could fight it but he says I don't have the money which is true, he says his mind Is made up and that he wants a divorce, do I call the OW????? If so what do I say?

ADscott #2471907 02/03/11 08:53 PM
M
M
When did he say he wanted a divorce? Was it before or after you found out he was cheating?

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
Mulan #2471921 02/03/11 09:42 PM
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
He said he wanted a divorce before I found out, but the A has been going since about nov.. (( not a proven fact but from the info I have gathered and from what her ex husband has said that is what I figured when it started))

ADscott #2471923 02/03/11 09:46 PM
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
And he told me wanted a divorce around the first of December and on my birthday we were going to work things out which was the28th and I found out he was cheating on Christmas day:( her ex husband called me crying that day..

ADscott #2471931 02/03/11 10:03 PM
M
M
You have to understand that all cheaters want the same thing: They want marriage at home AND dating on the side. Threats of divorce are often made in order to bully the BS into backing off and not interfering with the affair.

Tell him you will in no way help him destroy and dismantle your family. He will have to do that entirely on his own. And mean it.

Having said that - make sure you do have an attorney lined up in case you need to file for legal separation in order to protect yourself. Then work Plan A. There are many here who will help you with that.

hang in there, and don't panic. He's just following the script. But you have MB, and he does not.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
Mulan #2471987 02/04/11 01:06 AM
A
ADscott Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm sorry I am very new to thiis, he said he hates being with me and he is not happpy, and what is legal seperation? I'm trying to hold on and somtimes our fights get a little to much so I'm trying to keep from fighting, it's really hard. I tell him I'm trying to save our marriage and he says well it's over I'm filing for divorce and there is nothing I can do. What can I say to him and do. Do I stoping trying to talk to him period? What do I tell the lawyer when I talk to her?is this going to cost anything..

ADscott #2472103 02/04/11 10:22 AM
L
L
If he does file for divorce, I would countersue on the grounds of adultery (if your state still has fault divorce). By doing this, you get her name in public records as being a homewrecker, and your lawyer can depose her about the affair. Of course your WH and the OW will scream over this, but that is GOOD! Make as much trouble for their affair as you can.

If he doesn't file for divorce, but stops paying bills and supporting your children, file for legal separation, child support, and maintenance.

Ask your folks if you can borrow the money for an attorney, and make sure that your attorney asks for your WH to pay the legal fees in the divorce papers. You also should make sure you have copies of all your financial records and go for the maximum in child support, and you might even be able to get alimny for a few years.

At any rate, the thing you want to do now is to cause as much trouble for the affair as you can. That means exposure!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 363 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation