Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 89 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 88 89
S
S
Hi SugarCane

Long time no speak grin

I've missed ya!

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
ML, that song used to give me nightmares. Then I saw that movie The Devil's Advocate......yeesh, I don't like them thangs.

You must GET that song. Most people don't get it. I sure didn't until I was well into my 30's when it dawned on me with horror one day.
When I got it in my mid 20s Mel, it made me want to be a procecuring attorney and put the hammer down on bullchit. I had signed up for sociology aas a major for colledge just so I could really know the enemy and planned on being an attorney by 35.

Then of course I met my late wife, with all the beautiful word of God she had, while she was one of the greatest of the inner circle of a great envangelist church, and she was "Backsliding". A term I have now aknowedged as the same as "being stubborn and seeking her own way", or bluntly, "feeling sorry for herself".

The title sure says it all doesn't it? "Sympathy for the Devil" and the line "After all it was you and me" really rings home huh?

ML, that song used to give me nightmares. Then I saw that movie The Devil's Advocate......yeesh, I don't like them thangs.

At the end when Satan smiles and says, "Vanity, my favorite ______________,( did he say sin or weakness? I dont remember)". Yeah, humbling huh?

When will we stop going to that tree in the garden, or is that just how we are? Scuse me while I find my figleaf and blame the women he gave me.

C
C
Originally Posted by SugarCane
They sound adorable. What species are they?
rotflmao

C
C
Originally Posted by SugarCane
So, wash the dishes in the shower!

Throw the sheets in there too (not at the same time as the dishes) and trample them, the way our grandmothers used to!

I remember heating up water on the stove to get a bath when I was a kid, and in Mass. in the winter, after cleaning the barn, every few days, well we we needed a bath.

But that doesn't compare to my fathers once a week baths. He worked so hard and to many hours. Its a tribute to how people could stay together longer in those days, "for the children", of course.

He was brought up on a farm, had to live across the street for part of his life because he could not be in the same room as his brother. I heard it was becuase his bro was sick as a child, but knowing my Dad, and his temperment, there might have been other reasons.

He would work from 6 AM and come home from his second job at 12:30 in the morning the next day, and then there was the weekend projects too. He would take a bath in 2 inchs of water once a week because he was taught not to waste hot water, at everyones disgust, (specially Mom) and insist and question us all if we were using more that two sheets of TP when we went to the bathroom. Brought home clothes from the dump and insisted I wear them to school, (Can you picture plaid floodpants in the 60s?), and tried to furnish the house with items from the dump also. He was the epitomy of "penny wise and pound foolish", as I came to realize later on. He valued money above everything including himself and his family, and nobody could reach him on this, no matter how they tried.

So the rant is about how my Dad suffered needlessly from fear and would not consider that he was a human being that could live a life more fully while we were young or recognize love when it was given to him. He did teach me how to work, but life is more than work, it also enjoying the journey as it unfolds, and living in the now.

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 02/03/11 07:25 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by writer1
Originally Posted by markos
Yes, they eat off my dishes all the time, and the littlest one keeps stealing her mommy's soda.

Maybe I need a rant about that. Why can't kids eat off their own plates, anyway? Gotta make Daddy share, apparently. smile

What's up with that anyway? I can make the exact same thing for me and my 2-year-old, I mean the EXACT SAME THING, and she won't touch hers. She just wants mine.

Mommy's (or Daddy's) is always better. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Mommy's (or Daddy's) is always better.
I think you guys are on to something...I think you've figured out a way to get kids to eat what's good for them: put the pizza and jo-jo's on their plate, and put the lean meat and veggies on the parents' plates! grin

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
When I got it in my mid 20s Mel, it made me want to be a procecuring attorney and put the hammer down on bullchit. I had signed up for sociology aas a major for colledge just so I could really know the enemy and planned on being an attorney by 35.

I must have been the last person in the world to GET that song! crazy When it came out i was only 10 and even then, didn't bother with much history until I was in my 30's. THEN I got it!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess

I must have been the last person in the world to GET that song! crazy When it came out i was only 10 and even then, didn't bother with much history until I was in my 30's. THEN I got it!

Was it on the "Exile on main street" album? I don't know, never was a rabid stones fan anyway. Some really bad experiences when I was a child.

But credit where credit is due, it is a good song.

P
OP Offline
P
I almost always recommend Surviving an A and then tell them "there is also a web site." Yesterday I just threw caution to the wind and linked the address, telling this person basically that I couldn't in good conscience support the advice they were getting there, and that if they wanted real advice to come here.

Just saw your post from yesterday elsewhere and remembered that you just posted this here a few days ago about MB.

I don't understand.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
A
Here's a parital rant and a partial removal of an old trigger.

Last night the heavy, wet snow collapsed our garage on top of the car I normally drive. It looks pretty bad. The insurance company will come out tomorrow, but it appears as though the car is totalled.

On the plus side, it is the car my H had when he was in the A. OW once commented how much she liked driving it, especially with the top down. I really liked this car and had actually stopped any triggers associated with the car. So, it looks like one of the last things associated with the A might be hitting the junkyard.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
P
OP Offline
P
I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way when my DH wrecked our Trooper! wink

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
Hey, PM, I am not sure which post you're talking about. I'll have to look through my posts.

If it's the one you quoted, what I meant was that I was directing people to MB from a particular Christian forum because there was horrible advice being given on the Christian forum (which is a sad testament).

Sometimes when I type my brain goes faster than my fingers (or the other way around).

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for clearing that up Tawandabelle. smile

H
H
Rant mad

During all of my tribulations I have managed to have a close R with my SIL who lives overseas. We talk almost weekly and she is good support for me and my DDs. We hardly mention XH.

SIL maintains communication with XH because "he is all that she has as far as family" which I try and respect. At the beginning XH blew up at her and hung up on her and since then she walks on eggs because she does not want him to "be mad". She has a disease that stress affects it and I tell her that I do not expect her to pick sides because he is her brother (even thought I think she should give him a swift kick in the butt).

We are on FB together. Well lo and behold I get an email from her saying "Hi Hope hope things are great for you. My brother and PP are on FB now and he sent me all of his wedding photos to me and fiance. Now I have 2 SIL on FB. Tell the girls I send my love...SIL

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. rant2

So I pull up FB and there is pic of PP and her 2 spawned Ds listed as a friend on SIL page. (Should I add that my pic is with MY 2 DD also)

I was pretty upset because I do not want my DDs to see pics of PP (even as a friend) on SIL FB because it would upset them and how she was so insensitive to say having 2 SIL on FB.

I rip off email to SIL...

SIL, I am doing ok. I don't really want to know about that plastic slag on FB and their wedding. They took DD17's money to pay for that Vegas wedding and now he has wrecked my credit with his bankruptcy.
We had had enough of XH's and the pain he has caused our family. He got what he deserves...being with her. We love you always and will always be SIL and it is good you are there for my girls. I don't want to hear about him and his wedding. Take care.

Told both DD's to be warned about this because they both post pictures to SIL and DD17 does not want XH to see her even in a pic.

DD promptly removed all tagged photos from SIL and locked her FB account.

Only amusing part is that the FB is under PP's name and she goes by her maiden name and his last name but she never changed anything legally.

Waywards are dumb.

End of rant

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Waywards ARE dumb! How horribly frustrating.

Beyond that... Facebook is dumb in itself! My WW is a FB-whore, because it benefits her career (musician in a successful band). Social networking right? Well, after much hullabaloo she finally went NC with OM and deleted him from FB, among other things. Her profile is not locked, because easy accessibility is critical for garnering fans.

Even after a NC letter and deleting him, we awoke yesterday morning to see that POSOM had posted a comment on one of her posts, and of course it was of the "snide underhanded remark but subtle enough no one else will know" variety.

My wayward is currently pretty upset at him and the whole situation, so it ticked her off ALMOST as much as it ticked me off. The nerve! We're going to have to find more drastic measures, because POSOM doesn't want to lose this battle.

Facebook. A source of endless drama!

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
S
S
I removed my SIL from my wall on FB. A couple of weeks ago, she posted a TONNE of pics from the past and tagged me in ones with my WH. She apologized only AFTER she tagged them. I removed the tags and asked her to not tag me in any future pics with my WH in them.

Stuck waiting, she can remove her wall so no one can post ANYTHING to her. She COULD make her profile more secure. Is there a reason she isn't?

Last edited by Scotland; 02/07/11 06:35 PM. Reason: wrong name

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
Stuck waiting, she can remove her wall so no one can post ANYTHING to her. She COULD make her profile more secure. Is there a reason she isn't?

Having an easily accessible profile is an important part of building her career. Fans post things, she posts back, new fans search her out to get a look at the music, photos, videos etc.

There are options, yes. But for a musician, the usual "get a new job" mantra won't work. She considered closing her FB altogether, but it really is an important part of her career at this point. There's probably a way to block him specifically from posting anything on her site, but even then I think there are risks some of what his activity (with mutual friends, for example) could leak in...

I don't need to hijack the post, though. Bottom line is "ARGH Facebook causes problems!" dramaqueen

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
S
S
Facebook does NOT cause problems. The way someone uses FB is what causes the problems.

There ARE things your WW can do. She could remove her FB and have someone else run one for her. She would stay off of it and have a intermediary type thing where someone else would check her FB page and could respond to the "fan" messages. This way, there would be no thrill when OM contacts her. See, there ARE ways around things, think about them, figure this out because ANY contact is bad bad bad for your recovery and your recovery is DOOMED.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
OP Offline
P
She can easily block OM's email address and he would not be able to even see her posts or any pics, even if she posts on someone else's FB or makes a comment. That's if she really wants to do that.

M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
Facebook does NOT cause problems. The way someone uses FB is what causes the problems.

There ARE things your WW can do. She could remove her FB and have someone else run one for her. She would stay off of it and have a intermediary type thing where someone else would check her FB page and could respond to the "fan" messages. This way, there would be no thrill when OM contacts her. See, there ARE ways around things, think about them, figure this out because ANY contact is bad bad bad for your recovery and your recovery is DOOMED.
Perfect answer. Stuck, your WW doesn't have to go near FB to maintain her 'fan page.'

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 32 of 89 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation