Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 89 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 88 89
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Color me jealous of high brows like Susan Sarandon and Janeane Crapafalo. grin
Is that a real person? What did she and Susan Sarandon do?

I'm a bit out of the loop.

They are brainless fools who try to use their position to further the politics of loony tunes. Unfortunately, they are not bright enough to pull it off effectively.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
And to think I once actually watched "Fraser".

Me too. Me too.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Tawandabe
just....aghast over the poor woman who eats her couch cushion stuffing.......

OMGosh, ME TOO!!! I have not shut up about that! I thought it was just me! faint

I'm pretty friendly, but I gotta say that I would not welcome that woman in our house -- We just got brand new sofas -- I mean, I'm not all that thrilled when any of us sit on them, much less...well...THAT...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
That Sheen guy is on the news right now. I was right!! complete and total loser... And dang proud of it!! MrRollieEyes

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
My DH, the darling Mr Pep, is a (newly retired) Holywood person.
I take umbrage with your calling him names.

T
T
People who live in Shrek's Swamp and are married to people who name themselves after the Beatles are the exception.

Poor Charlie. Hmmmmmm.....what things are fun to do during mania???

Decide to become a stand=up comedian
Die your hair red
Wear clothing from the junior dept
Pick up vagrant people and take them to eat and buy groceries INSTEAD of going to your college classes because God has called you to
Talk incessantly about things you know nothing about all the while under the impression you are the most sparkling personality at the party
Sing really loudly....everywhere
Jog 9 miles a day and sleep 2 hours a night
Order various needless items from a web site called covenant spice (don't ask)
Open a credit card at Belk...and Dillards, J C Penney, Old Navy, Kohl's Victoria's Secret......Even if you only charge 100 dollars worth, you can run up a good debt if you open a dozen cards
Wonder what people are saying about you
Decide you know what people are saying about you
Respond to what you think you know people are saying about you

Thank God for meds. Take them, people!

But at least I have never eaten my couch! I wonder how many carbs it has......

C
C
.Hollywood people = losers. NEXT!
rotflmao

Thats what happens to people when they are thier own God.

False Idols, and what-not.

Then they create God from thier own image.

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
.Hollywood people = losers. NEXT!
rotflmao

Thats what happens to people when they are thier own God.

False Idols, and what-not.

Then they create God from thier own image.

I agree very much.

Exposure 101

M
M
And Pep, I have no doubt that your H is a person of good character and decency or you wouldn't be married to him. But that doesn't erase the fact that the culture in Hollywood is the lowest common denominator in our population. Depravity and mediocrity is celebrated and anything goes.

Exposure 101

C
C
I allways knew my poor late wife suffered some kind of envy for the hollywood crowd, it was pretty obvious with her obsession with looks and reputation around people she was insecure in a lot of ways.

The most obvious thogh was when she would talk about actors and call them by thier last name, the sorta familiar thing ya do when you know them personally, like," Did you see how Streep played that part?", or "I hope Cruise is saved, I am worried about him." I guess I was just worried about other stuff not as important.

I bring this up because so many waywards are looking for the glamourous life, and very few out there in Hollywood have earned my respect as real people. Will Smith and Jada Pinket Smith were on a show once and they said that,"Divorce is not an option". I can respect that.

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
My DH, the darling Mr Pep, is a (newly retired) Holywood person.
I take umbrage with your calling him names.

Yeah, but he married the glamorous and beautiful Pepperband so he can't be all bad.

(I know, I know, Flattery will get you everywhere)

P
OP Offline
P
Wonder what people are saying about you
Decide you know what people are saying about you
Respond to what you think you know people are saying about you

rotflmao Now dats funny.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
And Pep, I have no doubt that your H is a person of good character and decency or you wouldn't be married to him. But that doesn't erase the fact that the culture in Hollywood is the lowest common denominator in our population. Depravity and mediocrity is celebrated and anything goes.

I accept your apology.
grin

Oh, wait .....

P
P
Hollywood people = losers.

rant begins now ....

The vast majority of people who work in the TV and film industry are not losers.
They are hard working family people.

Those Hollywood people include the two guys who wrote and produced and stared in your H's favorite TV comedy show (now enjoying re-run heaven). The nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.
Funny. Self effacing.
And, as hard as it is to imagine, given their TV wardrobe choices laugh , very family devoted.

What you are talking about, I suspect, are the very visible & vocal minority who are in the public eye for misbehaving. And really, they are the tinniest minority.

To miscast an entire group this way ... "Hollywood people = losers" ... lacks accuracy as well as imagination.

Both of my H's AA sponsors are Hollywood people. Both exceptionally talented and both good men. Solid men with good moral standards.
One of his sponsors did 2 tours of duty as a Marine in Viet Nam before he became a character actor. You see him every day in a variety of commercials & other shows. He is a stand up guy who visits men in prison for no other reason than to help them.

My good friend's husband, and my H's good friend, is a hollywood person too. He's a Julliard educated musician who has been composing music you've enjoyed for decades. I guarantee that there are few Americans who have not said this about his most famous composition: "I love that song". He neither smokes, nor drinks, nor gambles, nor chases women. He is funny, and probably the smartest person I currently know. Better than that, he is kind and caring and humble. Never mind the gold records on his wall. He is a mench.

Shall I tell you about the wardrobe mistress who rescues dogs?
The location manager who cares for his ailing wife?
The numerous craft service people who are on set by 4:30 to make sure the food is ready by the time the crew gets there?

These are but a few of the examples I could write about, the Hollywood people I know and love. I could go on and on. And, I do take umbrage to them being called losers by anyone who has no idea what they are talking about.

You touched a nerve, in case you couldn't tell.
I decided to speak up for my friends.
They are good people who work in the industry and are definitely not losers.

/rant

T
T
The first thing I thought of when I heard the rest of the season of 2 1/2 men was cancelled was....what about all those people who work on the show who AREN'T Charlie Sheen who have to provide for their families? It's so sad.

I've never known any Hollywood people, bein' from Alybamy and all....but I did once get to see Charlie Pride recording country music when my 5th grade class went to a recording studio on a field trip.

I don't like country music. Or southern gospel. I think it's all the bad grammar and twang and Bryllcream.

P
P
LOL, Luri, you crakyme ups.

M
M

/rant

Yes, I could tell I touched a nerve, but be assured it was not meant personally. If the shoe does not fit, why take it personally? You know it was not meant that way.

Exposure 101

H
H
Hollywood people = losers.

rant begins now ....

The vast majority of people who work in the TV and film industry are not losers.
They are hard working family people.

Those Hollywood people include the two guys who wrote and produced and stared in your H's favorite TV comedy show (now enjoying re-run heaven). The nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.
Funny. Self effacing.
And, as hard as it is to imagine, given their TV wardrobe choices laugh , very family devoted.

What you are talking about, I suspect, are the very visible & vocal minority who are in the public eye for misbehaving. And really, they are the tinniest minority.

To miscast an entire group this way ... "Hollywood people = losers" ... lacks accuracy as well as imagination.

Both of my H's AA sponsors are Hollywood people. Both exceptionally talented and both good men. Solid men with good moral standards.
One of his sponsors did 2 tours of duty as a Marine in Viet Nam before he became a character actor. You see him every day in a variety of commercials & other shows. He is a stand up guy who visits men in prison for no other reason than to help them.

My good friend's husband, and my H's good friend, is a hollywood person too. He's a Julliard educated musician who has been composing music you've enjoyed for decades. I guarantee that there are few Americans who have not said this about his most famous composition: "I love that song". He neither smokes, nor drinks, nor gambles, nor chases women. He is funny, and probably the smartest person I currently know. Better than that, he is kind and caring and humble. Never mind the gold records on his wall. He is a mench.

Shall I tell you about the wardrobe mistress who rescues dogs?
The location manager who cares for his ailing wife?
The numerous craft service people who are on set by 4:30 to make sure the food is ready by the time the crew gets there?

These are but a few of the examples I could write about, the Hollywood people I know and love. I could go on and on. And, I do take umbrage to them being called losers by anyone who has no idea what they are talking about.

/rant

hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

Pep, we don't know about these people. They are normal and boring. They don't get screen time on "Access Hollywood."

Rescuing dogs? Puh. How positively common. I want midgets, cocaine, mallets, and roulette wheels in my Hollywood stories!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
V
V
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
I want midgets...

Hey, watch the name-calling, buster!

This applies to some in my family, and it can be incredibly insulting to use that term. Just sayin'. smile

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
P
P
Yes, I could tell I touched a nerve, but be assured it was not meant personally.

I know that. smile

If the shoe does not fit, why take it personally?

I did not. I do not. smile

You know it was not meant that way.

Your comment is inaccurate, and for that reason, I challenge your comment.

Page 37 of 89 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation