Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 89 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 88 89
C
C
Talk about diners,

In 80 I was living in AZ for a summer, and my then freshly WW were headinfg back to homestate after the A, and we needed a car to make the trip. We purchased a buick from someone, with Texas plates.

Somewhere in Col, I had been sporting a straw hat, and I was in the cashiers line paying with a credit card, at a diner/truckstop. Back then they asked the plate number and state. I said "Texas".

Well the gentleman next to me, who seemed like an average Joe, or maybe a trucker, sprung to life. He took a step towards me and with a smile said,"Are you from Texas?".

I said "Accually no, I'm from Mass, and am..." Well his countanance fell, the smile left his face, and he said in disapointment, "Oh", and took a step back.

All I could do was smile.

H
H
Originally Posted by GloveOil
The wierdest I ever ran into was in Maine...

TWC & I were on vacation there, and we were in a diner one morning. I ordered a coffee to go along with my blueberry pancakes, and the waitress asked me "Lajjus moll?"

Wha? I looked at her with probably the same bewildered expression that you see on the old RCA logo, where the dog is looking into an old phonograph speaker.

Somehow, my wife (who is also not from there) was able to translate for me:

"Large or small?"

Y'all from 'round them thar other parts get us in the Northwest lost pretty dang quick.

You got;

The people from New Yawk, or New Joisey, or from Bawston.

I worked a trade show with some fellas from Bawston when I was 17, gettin the shoes off da truck, and crushin da codbod.

How is it, that most of the Eastern seabord has lost the letter "R?" Did they shed the use of it when they shed reliance on the English crown? Or did they just export it in Western expansion, never to be heard from again?

(agin? uh-gay-n? Canadian English teachers hate it when you say uh-gin, eh? What's that all aboot?)

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
OP Offline
P
(agin? uh-gay-n? Canadian English teachers hate it when you say uh-gin, eh? What's that all aboot?)

English please. smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
Well the people from maine and some from Canada musta got the R.

Africar, and Russiar, and asiar..

P
P
WaRshington

That's where the R is hiding.

S
S
Wow...you guys have been busy.

I just want to let all of you know, that in Boston, we speak the Kings English....Pffft, whatever that means....

Well, thats what my mother says to the people in Florida, when they make fun of the way we talk....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
C
C
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
.,,Well, thats what my mother says to the people in Florida, when they make fun of the way we talk....

What are you Re-todded? Or just lookin to cop a beatin? TEEF

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
Here's a rant - these last few posts have nothing to do with marriage and the lazy old mods haven't even once said:

"Let's stick to Marriage Building Folks"

Drinking coke has everything to do with marriage. I think it's a deal breaker.

In fact, isn't this an actual exception to the Policy of Joint Agreement?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
WaRshington

No thats where Mayor Barry is hidin.

(well it IS a rant thread)

S
S
Originally Posted by Lady_Clueless
In 2001, at least one Canadian border guard gave us a big laugh. No...NOT because he was short, but because his bulb seemed to be a little bit dim.

We went across the border to see Niagara Falls. It was raining and cold...just a miserable day, so we stayed a few hours and came back across the border.

Of course, he asked all the usual questions that he probably knew all the answers to, considering that they had most likely already checked our license plates.

So, he asked where we were from, and we told him our state in the Deep South. Then, he wanted to know why we had come to Canada and why we only stayed 4 hours. We replied, "To see the Falls." He then said, "You mean you drove all the way to Canada just to spend only 4 hours at Niagara Falls?"

rotflmao

UMMMM, I dunno how to tell you this, THAT was an AMERICAN border guard if you were going back to the States. We don't care when you're leaving, only when you are coming into the country. grin

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
L
Well, I dunno, Scotty. We got asked all the same kinds of questions when we crossed the border INTO Canada, and both guys talked with the same accent. confused

Oh, well, he was from up north, anyway. Yankee or Canadian...it's all the same to me! smirk
stickout

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
WaRshington

rotflmao

That's us! Just North of Or-ee-gone.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

C
C
.,,Well, thats what my mother says to the people in Florida, when they make fun of the way we talk....

Geez Stilly, I thought for sure that would get a chuckle out-a-ya.

T
T
People from Florida should never make fun of the way others talk. Florida is not the south OR the north smile

S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess

Geez Stilly, I thought for sure that would get a chuckle out-a-ya.

rotflmaoI didnt read it til just now...silly.....and yes I have been told I am a little retahded....I think it was by my WH though... think

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
People from Florida should never make fun of the way others talk. Florida is not the south OR the north smile

Everytime we go to Disney, everyone knows where we are from and relentlessly makes fun of the way we talk....The nerve Y'all!!!!!!! grumble

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

H
H

I thought Florida was part of Puerto Rico...

P
P
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
I thought Florida was part of Puerto Rico...

No.
Cuba.

H
H
Or Octogenaria...

A
A
New

Rant on:

Why do so MANY attorneys advise clients to NOT change the locks on their own houses when one spouse has moved out?

Why do so MANY people even ASK the attorney whether is it ok to change the locks or not? If it is your house, you are living in it, just change the locks and be done with it.

Rant off, but I am still feeling rantful.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Page 41 of 89 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation