Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29
S
OP Offline
S
FYI Markos, I am the breadwinner of the family and paid for the counseling sessions. Again...more assumptions about female gender roles.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
Hope to be recovered sooner than later!!
W
W
Originally Posted by strugglingaz
Wulfpack girl...would you be willing to tell of your story with the OM. It does me so much good to know that the feelings I am feeling are normal and routine for "affair-goers".

struggling, my massive thread is over in Recovery, here. I tend to be a bit, uhm, verbose at times, and you have to wade through a lot of hand-wringing and b*tching and moaning from me...let's just say this has been a looong road.

In a nutshell, my A was with an old HS boyfriend who reconnected with me on FB. What began as an EA turned PA fast, once it got rolling. We had a prior history (something Dr. H warns about), so we did a lot of fantasizing about how different life would have been if we'd ended up together, that we were "soulmates" and "meant for each other." puke We actually only saw each other in person only a handful of times - we met at restaurants and had lunch on 5 occasions and met twice for sex. Our A was fueled by texts, emails, and in particular FB and online chat. I lived for that "hit" of another email, another text. It was my crack pipe. But while I lived for his words of appreciation and affirmation, thinking he was making me feel good about myself, in reality I was not feeling good about myself at all. I am in no way excusing my behavior with alcohol, but I drank to excess during the A. I'd drink a bottle of wine a night, parked in front of the computer on FB. Self-medication for the cognitive dissonance, perhaps.

When my BH confronted me with everything, it was like having cold water thrown on me. I knew right then that I had f-ed up. That I didn't want OM, I wanted my BH. I realized what I stood to lose. And I lied my butt off trying to keep my BH. Something happened during the first few months of R, I fell crazy, head-over-heels in love with my BH again. We didn't know a thing about MB, but he was essentially Plan-A'ing me. Meeting my needs like a champ. But I kept lying to him. I lied because I didn't want him to know the A was a PA. I could give a multitude of excuses as to why I lied, but it boils down to one fact - I lied because I was a coward.

The feelings you feel for the OM will go away, if you cease contact. Now, thoughts of the OM disgust me. There's no fantasy about how our lives would have been different together. I hate him for what he helped destroy. Chances are my M will never recover from the damage I caused, and the bittersweet irony is that I'm still hopelessly in love with my BH.

Anyway, that's my story - there's other FWW's on here that may have struggled with withdrawal more than I did. Don't be the coward I was. I tormented my BH with trickle truth. Listen to MelodyLane, princessmeggy, all the vets on this board. If you can take the 2X4's that will come your way, if you can hang around here long enough, maybe - I hope - your M will recover.

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
M
M
Melodylane, my husband found out last weekend.

Does he know everything?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
OP Offline
S
What does 2x4's mean? Thank you so much for reiterating your story for me.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
W
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Wulfpack girl...would you be willing to tell of your story with the OM. It does me so much good to know that the feelings I am feeling are normal and routine for "affair-goers".

That would be about as helpful as an alcoholic reminiscing about drunkeness. It does nothing but keep you enmeshed in the tarpit. She has told the story of the disaster of her marriage over on the In Recovery forum, though. You can read her thread over there. She considers it the worst mistake she has ever made, I believe.

Sorry Mel!!! I did a load of laundry in the middle of my post and missed your reply!!! But yeah, hands down: Worst. Mistake. Ever. Maybe some bit of that will make it through the fog.

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
S
OP Offline
S
Yes, Markos.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
W
W
What does 2x4's mean? Thank you so much for reiterating your story for me.

twoxfour

It's kind of a, uhm, smack to your senses? Saying, you screwed up, wake up, fly right?

For example, twoxfour Stop lying to your BH and do what Steve H said and please, please tell your BH the truth about the contact with OM. And anything else you may have left out.

Mel does 2X4's the best I've seen! grin

FWW

V
V
FYI Markos, I am the breadwinner of the family and paid for the counseling sessions. Again...more assumptions about female gender roles.

No, more assumption about wayward entitlement. Correct ones, I might add.

strugglinginaz, there is a way out of the mess you've made. It can and does get better. But the first steps, often the hardest, are what need to happen.

The posters here are giving you valuable advice; whether it comes across as "harsh" or "unconstructive," or instead seems like just the warm and fuzzy hug that you want, you are being given information that can only help you.

You'll see the pain of betrayal from the BS. You'll see the agony of the repentant wayward. The harsh words should reflect the magnitude of what you've done to your H by your infidelity. The remorse in the words of the FWSs is what you should seek to find in your own heart for the actions you committed against your BH and your M.

It gets better, but it's not a cakewalk. NC has to be in place. I will try bumping a thread for you re: managing memories -- very helpful in nipping any lingering fond thoughts over OM in the bud.

Please, read through this sight, counsel w/ Steve, post and read posts with an open heart and humility. Stop looking for fights and personal attacks. You're only standing in your own way.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
D
D
struggling, will you please bring us up to speed on your sessions with Steve -- Still doing them? What's the most recent activity he had you complete? Does your husband now know all the details of your affair? Are you holding anything back?

I did counseling with Steve, too, so I imagine he gave you specific tasks to do when you start thinking about OM. What did he advise you to do?

FBW in recovery
V
V
Mark1952 is/was(?) a prolific poster, and many a member - BS and WS alike - found great insight in his posts.

Managing Memories

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Mrs Vanilla, I was just looking for that.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
V
V
Thanks Mrs Vanilla, I was just looking for that.

You're welcome. If you have, I don't know, a spare three weeks or so, you could read through all of Mark's prodigious posts. WPG says she's verbose, but I think Mark could outlast any of us...

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
M
M

Okay, I'll reword it: are you going to do anything about the pain your husband went through from trying to go through all these counseling sessions which did no good because you chose not to follow the advice?

Poor guy; you set him up to fail.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
V
V
Just an excerpt from Mark's Managing Memories thread:

Originally Posted by Mark1952
[During the A], A WS will suppress those [good] memories [associated with the BS] by consciously shifting their thoughts to something else, often to some past wrong or perceived wrong committed by the BS. They will rewrite history by making an effort to quench those good memories while at the same time transferring the emotions of those memories to the AP.

And in recovery, this is the process that has to take place in reverse, though the WS has to actually want to reverse the process for recovery to really take place. A conscious decision is once again made to replace the thoughts of the AP that bring about good feelings with thoughts of the BS that begin to replace the AP in that instant so that the feelings are once more associated with the BS.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
S
OP Offline
S
Actually Markos, it did do him and I good. Because he tells me that had it not been for the last 5 weeks with Steve and the knowledge he gained from this, he would have filed for divorce the day after learning of the affair. With the knowledge he gained, he knew that the problems facing us could be repaired.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
M
M
Actually Markos, it did do him and I good. Because he tells me that had it not been for the last 5 weeks with Steve and the knowledge he gained from this, he would have filed for divorce the day after learning of the affair. With the knowledge he gained, he knew that the problems facing us could be repaired.

Good point. I'm glad to hear it. smile

S
S
Question ignored again. *sigh*

I asked if you were FB friends because that would be a violation of NC and will keep you from moving forward.

So...are you FB friends with OM?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
OP Offline
S
No Susie, you asked that and I said only texting. We are not FB friends.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
M
M
struggling, it's really frightening that you were told by Steve to tell the truth and did not.

Have you followed any of Steve's instructions at all?

Are you going to follow it going forward?

Last edited by markos; 03/07/11 11:43 AM.

D
D
struggling, you may have missed my questions last night:

Originally Posted by Delta_
struggling, will you please bring us up to speed on your sessions with Steve -- Still doing them? What's the most recent activity he had you complete? Does your husband now know all the details of your affair? Are you holding anything back?

I did counseling with Steve, too, so I imagine he gave you specific tasks to do when you start thinking about OM. What did he advise you to do?

FBW in recovery
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation