Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Eric32 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Okay, I've done everything I am supposed to. Without listing everything, know that I have worked on myself, I am again friends with my W and we are still getting divorced. <P>Actually life is good, stable. I have a sense of acceptance, but with it came a realization. I don't really like it, but I think this marriage is done and it's because things are so pleasant. I cannot describe this accurately. There is no sense of desperation left. Is this the way it's supposed to work? You work on yourself, you let go, you heal, you move on. These are things that so many have advised me so that I could originally save my marriage, and now I don't think it should be saved. <P>I followed the rules and it has gone so smoothly lately. I am not angry or sad anymore. Yes, I do still love her and accept that she will be in my life for the rest of my life. I can talk to her about who she is dating and problems she's having without getting jealeous or hurt. Whenever this happens it surprises me; at the same time I am proud of myself, I look back and see how far I have come personally. <P>Our kids are happy and have adjusted to these changes, they see us get along and it gives them a sense of security I think. I think I have lost my sense of commitment to the cause and now live each day with the new normalcy. <P>Forgive the initiation (and I have) of the seperation (which was W's affair) and you couldn't ask for a smoother divorce. No attys, no gov't involvement with the kids (Friend of the Court, in MI), no fighting. I thought if you did the things you were supposed to, you could save your marriage. Or, do you do these things to simply heal, then what happens, happens? <P>Eric32

J
J
Eric, if things can't be reconciled and the marriage saved, I believe your scenario is best case.

C
cl Offline
C
hi eric, I have no idea what happens next. My crystal ball is just a bit fuzzy lately!<BR>I guess we never really know where our life will lead us. And isn't that just great? It is so exciting if we choose to look at it that way. And it seems you have.<BR>You have accepted that the marriage you had was not meant to be forever. But there must be an underlying reason. Better things to come in your future no doubt.<BR>I love to read about how you have become friends and the children are adapting. A role model for all of us!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation