Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 50 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 49 50
M
M
If she's too foggy when she posts, the lady from Texas and maritalbliss will probably run her off
No, sir. I'm from a more civilized State. Now, MelodyLane.... [Linked Image from pic4ever.com] I'm not gonna speak for that gal!

Seriously? I think I can say for all of us that she will be welcome.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

A
A
NW - glad to hear that today was good!

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the sentiment, Stretch.

Kind of off again this evening, WW fell asleep early and when she's out isn't the best time to have in-depth conversations.

But the last times I opened up like that, she was still talking to OM. Sure, there was the two weeks where she wasn't and we had really good talks, but that's kind of empty now, isn't it?

So with that in my mind, I'm sitting here not wanting to voice my feelings. Do I dare stick my neck out once again? All indications are that it'd be ok to do, but didn't I say that before as well?

Maybe this makes some sense to you. How is your weekend so far? Hope things are going good.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
If she's too foggy when she posts, the lady from Texas and maritalbliss will probably run her off
No, sir. I'm from a more civilized State. Now, MelodyLane.... [Linked Image from pic4ever.com] I'm not gonna speak for that gal!

Seriously? I think I can say for all of us that she will be welcome.

marital and Andy--

Y'all posted while I was typing my last pity party report. Don't know why, feeling a little better just seeing your responses.

I know Andy's a fellow Southerner, but, mb, surely you're not one of those that we make fun of for talking funny smile

Me (BH)
FWW

M
M
I know Andy's a fellow Southerner, but, mb, surely you're not one of those that we make fun of for talking funny
North, you're not really going to start this silly business of inferring that my vocabulary is inferior in some way to you people down in those heathen States below the Mason/Dixon line, are you? Because if you start that nonsense I will immediately whip out my scrabble board and challenge you.

And I will insist that we use a Scrabble dictionary.

It could get ugly.

[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
And I would like to know why you call Mel a lady and not me??? That woman carries guns and spits stuff into the street, for crying out loud!

Sorry for the t/j, back to business....

dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N
And I will insist that we use a Scrabble dictionary.

It could get ugly.

Shoot, mb, you know we don't have, or much less use, dictionaries down here!

We just make it up as we go and use Budweiser bottle caps to take the place of the missing letters. Heh, now who looks unsophisticated!

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
And I would like to know why you call Mel a lady and not me??? That woman carries guns and spits stuff into the street, for crying out loud!

Sorry for the t/j, back to business....

dance2

Well, Texas isn't exactly known as the cosmopolitan mecca that Mississippi is. I mean, really, who spits on the street anymore? She really should be carrying a spit cup--gives you a much more polished and refined appearance.

It's also a handy weapon to have should you run across any stray Yankees.

Seriously though, both of y'all sound like people that I'd be proud to know.

Thanks for accidentally cheering me up.

Me (BH)
FWW

M
M
Seriously though, both of y'all sound like people that I'd be proud to know.

Thanks for accidentally cheering me up.
And Mel and I would be proud to know you.

You're welcome. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

R
R
You know the best part of this forum? When a guy nobody on here knows irl is in trouble, his thread will move 4 pages in 24 hours with people supporting him. Talk about restoring your faith in people. North needed help and ten people come running.

BTW North, before you let Marital fool into thinking shes all civilized and wouldn't lay a beating on your wife if she pulled some poor wayward line on the forum... You should ask her why the OW in her life now has to wear a wig full time.

lol

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
E
E
Yes, your ww would defiitely be welcome here!

I read your update yesterday evening late and was so happy! You did fabulous. And it is so good for ww to know that the omw IS a woman, with a life, and with a family, who had to go through hell. I think carrying on an ema when there is a face to the pain is when the REAL reality sets in and that destroys the fantasy affair to the point it won't feel as much "fun" again for them.

Now ya'lll also know that my xwh's ow had to go further than a wig. She seriously lives without a trace on the internet and couldn't even announce (what she so wanted to do) in the papers back home in TN when she married her subsequent mm after my xwh. I kinda destroyed that other fantasy she had reamining too. Po po monkeyho!

Anyhow, cheers from the PARIS of the SOUTH!!! I say, down here, we pick peaches, eat peanuts, and watched the Braves last night put some hurt on the Mets! Can ya'll guess where I am? That's what happened HERE to a few stray yankees who found their way onto Turner Field!!! Just had to rub it in since it was a double hitter.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by peachyisback
Anyhow, cheers from the PARIS of the SOUTH!!! I say, down here, we pick peaches, eat peanuts, and watched the Braves last night put some hurt on the Mets! Can ya'll guess where I am? That's what happened HERE to a few stray yankees who found their way onto Turner Field!!! Just had to rub it in since it was a double hitter.

Hey peachy, should have guessed by your screen name. We lived in Roswell and Canton for seven years before coming back here. My office was downtown--the commute got old real quick. Here, it takes me five minutes to get to work. There, about an hour each way if it didn't rain and there wasn't a wreck.

Me (BH)
FWW

E
E
John's Creek/Suwanee here! Not far!

You scored a great commute!

But we won big time last night and shut out the Mets!!!!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
E
Seems like whenever we get bad weather, it always comes thru Canton. Glen Burns almost always says that on the weather you know?

N
OP Offline
N
We'd talked about a weekend trip over there, take the kids to the aquarium and Six Flags (yeah, we must be losing our minds to consider it).

They can barely stand riding in the car with each other just to go to the grocery--much less a six hour stretch!

Me (BH)
FWW

M
M
A Texas LADY does not spit or CHAW ON TOBACCO!!!! sick We are not Grandma from Beverly Hillbillies! Nooo

And yes, you can invite your wife, but if she is foggy she is going to hear about it. You might want to ask the mods to move your thread first, though.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
We'd talked about a weekend trip over there, take the kids to the aquarium and Six Flags (yeah, we must be losing our minds to consider it).

They can barely stand riding in the car with each other just to go to the grocery--much less a six hour stretch!

This honeymoon trip should be without kids. Can you leave the hellions with her parents?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
You know the best part of this forum? When a guy nobody on here knows irl is in trouble, his thread will move 4 pages in 24 hours with people supporting him. Talk about restoring your faith in people. North needed help and ten people come running.

lol
Amen. People from TX,NY, WA, MN and Canada come to help him out.
Its beautiful.

Ever heard this one:
"A man is stuck down at the bottom of a ditch.
A minister comes by, writes him a prayer, tosses it down to the man.
A rich man walks by, writes a big check, tosses it down to the man.
A musician walks by, sings the man a song.

Then a friend walks by, sees the man in the ditch and he jumps down with him.

"Now what are we going to do?" Asks the man. "Now we are both trapped in the ditch."

"I realize that," says his friend, "But I've been down here before. Aand I know the way out."

Last edited by stretch123; 04/17/11 12:52 PM.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Northwood8900

This honeymoon trip should be without kids. Can you leave the hellions with her parents?

Oh no, the weekend trip would just be a thing for the kids. The "our" trip (cruise or whatever) would definitely be w/o kids.

Me (BH)
FWW

E
E
Find a great deal on cheap caribbean. That's what I'd do for ww. She needs to have a break from the run of the mill rut.

This is something big for us girls. WE get truly bogged down w/kids, work, their school, homelife, being the mom, etc that we need a real break now and then.

Trip to caribbean just does it for me. Always does.

I swear that I think there'd be less ww's out there if they took nice, indulgent trips with their hubbies once a year (or twice).

We're going to take one for our anniversary to either Savannah (if we can't have alot of time off) or wait until late fall and go to St. Lucia.

Page 32 of 50 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation