Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I have had a bad couple weeks (emotionally) and then ended up with a horrible injury to my leg which has caused me to be in bed and too much time to think, but also allot of time to be on here.

I want to thank you ML and all the other vets that spend so much time helping complete strangers who come here for help and you all jump to offer your great advise and then THEY DON'T LISTEN.

So I really want to thank you for doing what you do when it has to be so frustrating and I bet there have been 1,000's of times you want to jump through the screen and slap someone silly.

It really stands out at me when I read story after story and most BS don't listen to any of the advise they came here to get. Boggles the mind!

Keep it up you are doing a great service.

HU

HalfUnit
Me-BS-50
H-WS-46
H
H
Funny that you post this. I wanted to post something thanking the vets here (especially ML) too last week and did not do it. I am glad you did.

Hurting Turkey
ME: BH age 56 Recovering Verbal Abuser
SHE:WW age 49
Married 13 years
Hers: 22 and 18 years
Mine: 30, 28 and 22 years
Ours: 11 years
She still won't admit A despite overwhelming evidence
Considered Plan B but was told not to by Steve H. since A is over
Grateful for the people on this board (even though they tire of telling me what I don't want to hear!)

M
M
I agree...lots of kind people here posting to hurting people for no reason other than to help them.

What a neat bunch of folks we have here...some of my dearest friends. smile

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
H
OP Offline
H
I just can't thank them enough. Doesn't matter who post or what time a day someone will always post back. Going through one of the worst possible things and there are all these great people here that care.....and they do it for FREE!!!

Wow!!!

Sometimes I think they just need a thank you because it has to get frustrating!

HU

HalfUnit
Me-BS-50
H-WS-46
S
S
I think the posters here especially vets are incredible as well. Sometimes I will read my original thread and I still can't believe what good advice and support I got.

Just as an aside, Mel has a special place in my heart. She helped my baby sister SO MUCH. Thank you, ML!!!!!! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
A
A
I appreciate these vets' adherance to Dr. Harley's and MB principles. These vets' posts are knowledgeable, usually spot on, and true to MB advice.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, dedication to this forum, and willingness to present the program even when others doubt.

I truly believe if it had not been for MB, my H and I would be currently divorced.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
H
H
Yes, thank you so much to those who have helped me (maritalbliss, MelodyLane, Suzie Q, MrNiceGuy, Pepperband, etc.) I followed the vets advice and so far the results have been astounding! Thanks ALL!!!

A special thanks goes out to maritalbliss! She has always responded on my thread and been spot on with her advice!

M
M
Wow! Thank you so much for saying this, HalfUnit! As you can see, I am passionate about Marriage Builders because I have seen it work so many miracles. If I can have a good marriage, then anyone can! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Wow! Thank you so much for saying this, HalfUnit! As you can see, I am passionate about Marriage Builders because I have seen it work so many miracles. If I can have a good marriage, then anyone can! grin

You are so hopeful and helpful when things look bleak. Which makes it all the more remarkable that one of your first posts to me was, 'I think your husband is a sociopath.'

LOL. Guess you were right.

M
M
Originally Posted by hurtagainbydavid
Yes, thank you so much to those who have helped me (maritalbliss, MelodyLane, Suzie Q, MrNiceGuy, Pepperband, etc.) I followed the vets advice and so far the results have been astounding! Thanks ALL!!!

A special thanks goes out to maritalbliss! She has always responded on my thread and been spot on with her advice!
blush Aw, shucks...

I'm so glad I've been able to help! Paying it forward...

Last edited by maritalbliss; 04/18/11 02:38 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
And thanks to you, hurtingturkey, Susie, hurtbydavid and Smilingwoman for your kind words. I appreciate all of you who are here in the trenches. All of you contribute to this board in so many ways.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
MB, Sorry I did not mention you by name, Geez as I was typing it so many of the Vets on here have offered advice and I swear it would take me a long time to mention everyone by name.

I really think so many of you just to not get the proper thank you, but I guess every time you have a hand in saving another marriage it has to be rewarding.

Just awesome people on a site I never thought I would need. Guess that is what makes it so special what you all do.

HU

HalfUnit
Me-BS-50
H-WS-46
M
M
Originally Posted by hurtagainbydavid

Hey, just noticed this! Your very welcome! Just paying it forward! I'm new to advice giving and sometiems question myself if my adivice is good enough .. so being noticed is much appreciated!

smile

S
S
Ditto what MrNiceGuy said smile Thanks, hurtagain!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P
I agree, some of the vets (and even some newbies) around here are priceless in my book. Their hard-found wisdom is worth more than gold. MB has been around for a long, long time and it has evolved into a place where someone can come and receive good, solid, consistent advice that works.

Not only that, if someone sticks around long enough, it begins to feel like family. I'm amazed that I now have such good friends all over the world because of this place. The crisis in my own marriage is long over but I know that if anything ever came up, they would be there for me whether to offer advice, encouragement, or a 2x4 if necessary.

So to you vets -- a toast. Thank you for paying it forward day after day.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 82 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation