Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
D
D
This thread is both funny and sad. When you're in the midst of it all it's not very damn funny at all. But later, you look back and remember some of the really stupid things that were said and it can make you laugh.

Two of my favorites - After getting drunk and openly flirting with what became OM1, my FWW was scolded by two of her friends then I gathered our things and told her we were leaving because she was making a scene. Her response - "You NEVER let me have any fun! I was enjoying that and you didn't like it so you made me stop. That's not fair!" yep, I was so unfair....

Second one came after everything, and yes I mean everything, finally came out after 2+ years of lies and deceit. She was trying to justify her actions and told me "You know, you never finished putting down that trim in the living room and that has always pissed me off". How's that for justification to have an affair? I was so blindsided by that one that I couldn't even respond. Unbelievable how her brain was working then. She doesn't even remember saying it now.

Me: 45
FWW: 44
Children: 17 (son)
Married for 26 years
WW A's 2008-2009
D-day: 1/7/10
Trickle truths from 1/7/10 - 9/1/10
12/15/10 - Finally felt like we were in recovery
H
H
After I played a tape recording to my WW where in her own voice while talking to one of ther girlfriends on a cell phone in her care (I had hidden a tape recorder in the car) she discusses OM's "heart of gold" and the fact that she went to him and began an affair because she needed to feel good about herself....

WW responds to me by saying "I have no idea what I was talking about, maybe I was dreaming. I swear on a stack of Bibles that I don't know what I was talking about."

Of course I also have heard that frequently mentioned "He was just a friend..."

Then for the first A she said about the other man "He was flirtatious with everyone. He even flirted with my mother."

Then there was the day she said "I did not know he was that young."

But my all time favorite: "He has a girlfriend so you know he wouldn't be interested in me. What kind of man do you think he is?"

Hurting Turkey
ME: BH age 56 Recovering Verbal Abuser
SHE:WW age 49
Married 13 years
Hers: 22 and 18 years
Mine: 30, 28 and 22 years
Ours: 11 years
She still won't admit A despite overwhelming evidence
Considered Plan B but was told not to by Steve H. since A is over
Grateful for the people on this board (even though they tire of telling me what I don't want to hear!)

T
T
Me: How could you cheat on your family?

WW: I didn't cheat on the family. I cheated on you!

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
H
H
The argument that began it all;

"You never let me have any friends, like... (proceeds to list of male friends, all of whom it went physical with at some point)"

And you wonder why?

When I was fighting her about ending contact (at this point, the only admission was that they had kissed);

"I've changed it my head, so we are only friends now."

She also stated that she had "No problem" with me having contact with any women whom I had a physical history with.

Then it happened, and that has a thread of it's own. (I behaved poorly :()

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
H
XH blaming me for DD17 not seeing him for 2 years and how he justifies his choices.

Stop using DD17 as a tool, pukeyou could have helped with me and DDs relationship, but you didn�t. I guess that means welcoming PP with open arms You wanted to control everything and you still do. You think you are so sleek thersaus? in the things you do and no one is aware of it, you�re wrong, and every documented incident just validated that the choices I made are the correct ones. affairage and rutting in the pigpen

I hope you find happiness like I have, and you can find someone to spend the rest of your life with. PP wrote this (as most of his correspondence

If happiness is losing your senior position, not seeing DDs for 2 years and declaring bankruptcy then I would have to say it is not happiness just being drunk

Waywards are dumb.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
E
E
Wow Hope. Pp is such the "wordsmith". Love her wonderful spelling!

It IS sad isn't it how they are deluded by facts.
Refusing to see truth or dignity or honesty.

I still get crazy stuff from my wxh. He sent my ds, age 12, who KNOWS BETTER and knows exactly why I divorced his dad, and why the ow/affairage wifey also just divorced his dad, and knows why his dad, the ex ceo, is now in jail. He read a letter recently from his father, who wrote: "People stole alot of $ from daddy. Daddy does not know why they did that and there were alot of LIES said about me and why I am in jail."

My son handed me the letter and asked me to toss it. He said his dad is somebody who "doesn't get it".

Out of the mouths of babes right?

My 12 year old gets it. And has not wanted to see his own father in over a year and I support my son in this. He's at the age where he can decide what he wants, and in this specific instance, the 12 year old is right.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
E
Sad truth is if the ws NEVER changes, they become more and more wayward and you will hear nothing BUT these insane and ludicrous remarks forever.

I am one of those who, althoug with extremely small and limited contact, either get once or up to say five times a year, crazy justifications and lies from either my xwh or his parents, whom I call "the outlaws",who are just as bad as he is, if not worse, for years of enabling their ws son, and for his wife (xh's mom) who enabled for years her H who is a serial cheater.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
S
S
Can I just say that after dealing with three OW IRL, (text confrontation with my H's OW1, call to OW2 and face to face confrontation with my sister's H's OW), that these chicks are just as fogged out or moreso than our Hs?

All three OW told baldfaced lies and were skillful gaslighters. Additionally, OW1 told me "You need help", and my sister's OW angrily insisted that my sister's H slept at her house because he was tired and it was convenient, that she did nothing wrong and she would have us arrested for harassing her! Crazy!

So anyway, I highly recommended confronting an OP face to face with at least a friend or sibling or two and telling them in ML-fashion that hell is coming and don't even bother trying to reason with them...

Last edited by SusieQ; 04/18/11 04:55 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
C
C
Originally Posted by peachyisback
My son handed me the letter and asked me to toss it. He said his dad is somebody who "doesn't get it".

Out of the mouths of babes right?

My 12 year old gets it. And has not wanted to see his own father in over a year and I support my son in this. He's at the age where he can decide what he wants, and in this specific instance, the 12 year old is right.

Warms my heart to see children who can see past Bullcrap. Thanks peachy

H
H
Wow Hope. Pp is such the "wordsmith". Love her wonderful spelling!

It IS sad isn't it how they are deluded by facts.
Refusing to see truth or dignity or honesty.

Anytime an email comes we play "who wrote it"...The writing style is so different. When XH responds it is usually out of anger or in response to something he does not want PP to see. When PP writes for him she tries to look "smart" and use all those big ole words from the Dic-tionary! She is such a scholar.

As long as XH is in the pigpen he will never see the truth and this was the most ethical man I knew. All those fake body bits has him a tailspin...still.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
E
E
Well well well. You know how I'd handle the infamous pp?

I'd out wordsmith her!

I'd write something so four and five syllabled, along the lines of a speech by say, Al Sharpton, something like this.

"It is a conundrum and defiles the soul how your paramour continues such obtuse behavior. Heretofore, and verily I say to you, in actuality, it is imperative you cease and desist in your condonment of his situation. I beesech you, Pee Pee, to encourage him to incorporate some HONORI�FICABILI�TUDINI�TATIBUS into his daily activities and spirituality." rotflmao

That should confuse the H outta her!

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Pre D-day:

"OW is a really good person. You'd like her."

Uhhhhhhhh ,
Nooo

Post D-day:

"I didn't think you'd care this much."

twoxfour

Waaaayyyy post D-day (14 years) ~~~> loveheart

Wow I've heard both of these!!

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

M
M
Originally Posted by Bottlerocket
I too got the "just give her a chance, you guys are alot alike, I know you'll be great friends"

Right! He has said this more than once... or, "I wish I could go back and change things and you guys could be friends because you would be good for her" crazy

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

H
H
Originally Posted by mehr
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Pre D-day:

"OW is a really good person. You'd like her."

Uhhhhhhhh ,
Nooo

Post D-day:

"I didn't think you'd care this much."

twoxfour

Waaaayyyy post D-day (14 years) ~~~> loveheart

Wow I've heard both of these!!

Me, too, sad to say. He even said "She's a really nice person. You'd like her." to DS15. DS15 politely disagreed.

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
E
E
My crazy vile, xwh said the same thing to me about Monkeyho.

He told me "wow, you two have so much in common. rotflmao You'd love her and probably be the best of friends if not for "this"." doh2

When he decided his other shag partner, Ms. Family Values, who would shag him when monkeyho was out of town (she lived in our hometown in TN), and when he finally had "no choice but choose Ms. Family Values after I forever ruined that romance (with all the awesome exposure I did to her)he told me...

"I think you'll really like Family Values. I mean, she is NOT monkeyho, and she's not the REAL reason we're getting divorced." banghead

Um. The [censored] forgot to mention she was already pregnant too.

Oh dear. His mental prowess still amazes me!

E
E
Now I just realize he's about as sane as this guy.

What a guy. Who'd have ever known I was once married to the other warlock vatican assassin?

[Linked Image from images2.memegenerator.net]

You see, Darth was the original.
[Linked Image from nassaulibrary.org]

Last edited by peachyisback; 04/18/11 07:43 PM.

S
S
[he's]not the REAL reason we're getting divorced." banghead

How many times did I hear THAT one? Sure, the A has nothing to do with OM... our marital problems are between me and WS!

"OM knows how to be a real man."

This one killed me. So fooling around with a married woman, while his live-in girlfriend and special-needs son are at home, is being a real man? Lying about some kind of faux rap-career that's still lingering from the 1990s, living on the government's SS check for his child, and probably selling drugs to make ends meet is what real men do? skeptical

Last edited by StuckWaiting; 04/19/11 03:05 PM.

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
M
M
He told me "wow, you two have so much in common. rotflmao You'd love her and probably be the best of friends if not for "this"." doh2

Yes yes yes!!! I have gotten something like this a lot, even all the way through Plan A.... I mean... is this some common thread? Why do WS think that BS and OP have so much in common and would love each other?

She's a trailer trash overweight stupid ugly chick that apparently has no fixed moral values, so that's a no, we will not be friends.

Last edited by mehr; 04/19/11 03:08 PM.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
M
Yes yes yes!!! I have gotten something like this a lot, even all the way through Plan A.... I mean... is this some common thread? Why do WS think that BS and OP have so much in common and would love each other?

She's a trailer trash overweight stupid ugly chick that apparently has no fixed moral values, so that's a no, we will not be friends.
laugh Good one, mehr! Those poor waywards. Yep, it's as common as dirt.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
Well well well. You know how I'd handle the infamous pp?

I'd out wordsmith her!

I'd write something so four and five syllabled, along the lines of a speech by say, Al Sharpton, something like this.

"It is a conundrum and defiles the soul how your paramour continues such obtuse behavior. Heretofore, and verily I say to you, in actuality, it is imperative you cease and desist in your condonment of his situation. I beesech you, Pee Pee, to encourage him to incorporate some HONORI�FICABILI�TUDINI�TATIBUS into his daily activities and spirituality." rotflmao

That should confuse the H outta her!

I just read this and had coffee come out of my nose from laughing!! rotflmao

Maybe I can explain it to him in 5 words or less as schoolbus used to say because that is all the waywards can handle....

PP is a dumb rutting pig.....oops that was 6. I hope she doesn't get confused! dramaqueen

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (anchorwatch), 535 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation