Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 50 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 49 50
W
W
Just checking in to say "Atta Boy!" to you, NW!

From the outside looking in, I would say that OM is now in the hot seat where he belongs. His job is in jeopardy, his wife is p/o'd at him, and has enough class to be civil with your wife... That jerk will get what he deserves! Nice work dude! (BTW- I agree he violated his code of ethics with his company, and should be fired).

Before we were married, we vacationed in Jamaica at a privately owned Villa in St. Ann's Bay outside Ocho Rios. The villa was fabulous, and had it's own staff. There was a cook, 2 housekeepers, a groundskeeper and a driver. there were 4 couples and it cost $800 per couple for a week. Airfare was in/out to Montego Bay. I think it was $200 round trip per person. Look on Craigslist for staffed Villas.... We went to Sandals for a day, and paid $50 for access to the resorts full amenities (drinks, food, snorkeling, glass bottom boat ride, etc). Great deal if you can swing it!

Me: BH (47)
Her: WW (46)
DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Plan B letter given 7-12-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
N
OP Offline
N
Well, talked to the boss and it was anti-climatic. OM left that company recently and is working somewhere else. The boss was politic, though, so I don't know if it was voluntary or otherwise.

The boss said someone had asked OM about my wife last fall, and he denied anything was going on. So nothing was suspected, and her leaving the job with no notice wasn't connected to OM. I did tell boss that OM had had another affair within the last two years.

The boss did wish us well, said he was sorry to hear that that was going on under his nose. He added that he would be talking to OM (apparently for another reason) and would mention this to him. Heh heh smile

So maybe this is the beginning of the end of this mess. Wife's letter to me yesterday mentioned that she couldn't wait to get this show on the road, so maybe I'll start looking less at the bad and more at the good. Gonna be hard to do sometimes, but if this drama with OM goes away it's less of a trigger for me.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

W
W
So happy to hear this, NW!

Yes... start thinking more about the good, and less about the bad.

If I were in your shoes, I would be very grateful that WW is "coming home" so to speak. Make it as comfortable as you can for her, but don't let go of your boundaries.

If I had the chance you are getting, honest, open communication would be the new order of the day. All every day to come. I would stop biting my tongue about things that really bothered me, and I would make a promise to myself and my wife of a wonderful "new" marriage...

Good luck, bro! And thank you for instilling faith in me... My story is still unfolding (and so is yours), and I still have hope. Your last post helped!

Me: BH (47)
Her: WW (46)
DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Plan B letter given 7-12-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks, TB. Like you said, I'm trying to look on the good side here and we had a good talk last night. Just rambling things, but the gist (jist?) of it was that we both wanted the marriage to be what it should have been back in 2000, and both want to make sure it doesn't get stale.

She came back to her question of whether I was having any regrets, it had bothered her thinking that I wasn't back in. Well, uh, yeah, what'd you expect (but I didn't say that). I said it had been rough as this was my third time at bat, she said she was sorry for that and that one day I wouldn't be doubtful that she was in this all the way for real this time.

We tossed around ideas for UA--came up with golf, heh, we both struggle at Putt-Putt so this should be fun!

Yes, I have my fears of a 3rd false recovery, but guess I'm just going to have to go for it. Why not, third time's the charm? crazy

Me (BH)
FWW

N
N
We tossed around ideas for UA--came up with golf

Here is an strong endorsement of golf from a FBH. It satisfies at the same time two needs. Yes, it does offer RC, but at the sametime there can be a lot of UA as well. And afterwards, sitting having a cold drink in the clubhouse/bar/whatever, even more UA time, with some dashes of admiration and shared efforts.

I NEVER played before recovery time (Wife did very casually) so the experience of learning something new together was delightful.

Go for it!

M
M
Golf will ruin a good hair do... NO CAN DO! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N
NG- That's kind of what we were talking about. It'll be fun since, honestly, neither one of us know much about it. Like, why do they wear cleats onto a golf course? We figured it was to aerate the grass or something. Wonder if flip-flops are ok? smile ...Just kidding, we're not *that* dumb!

Also, we'd probably place wagers on it, too. We're kind of competitive that way, all in good fun, though.

ML- A bit above my paygrade, but I guess the humidity can put a damper on a hairdo?

Me (BH)
FWW

S
S
Golfing? I may have to steal that idea smile My H and I need to spend more RC time together and we used to golf together before my son was born...8 years ago!

Mel, you are too funny smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Golf will ruin a good hair do... NO CAN DO! sigh
Silly Texan. You get it all chopped off short and spike it up with gel, like I do! A Category 5 hurricane can't touch it! grin

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
FWW and I are going to get some rackets and take up tennis.

Why not? It's not only RC, it's physical activity. Exercise!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
S
S
Ohhh, that's another good idea, HHH. My H and i also used to love to play tennis! Thanks for the idea smile

NW, on the golf, find out if there are any Par 3 courses in your area, it's much easier when you are beginner!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Here is an strong endorsement of golf from a FBH. It satisfies at the same time two needs. Yes, it does offer RC, but at the sametime there can be a lot of UA as well. And afterwards, sitting having a cold drink in the clubhouse/bar/whatever, even more UA time, with some dashes of admiration and shared efforts.

I NEVER played before recovery time (Wife did very casually) so the experience of learning something new together was delightful.

Go for it!
Golf? Did someone say golf?? grin Here's what's neat about golf as RC: it's just the two of you. Your attention is focused squarely on each other when you take turns hitting the ball. You get loads of conversation in about the way your games are going. You admire your spouse's good shots and commiserate with the bad. There is plenty of time for joking. You need to concentrate when you're hitting, so it's hard to get into 'relationship talk' which everyone needs the occasional break from.

There are cold, refreshing drinks waiting for you after the round. Slap a little BBQ to the agenda and you're grilling dinner, which is more fun.

Ignore MelodyLane. Those Texas chicks have funny ideas about hairdos. laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Go for it!
Golf? Did someone say golf?? grin Here's what's neat about golf as RC: it's just the two of you. Your attention is focused squarely on each other when you take turns hitting the ball. You get loads of conversation in about the way your games are going. You admire your spouse's good shots and commiserate with the bad. There is plenty of time for joking. You need to concentrate when you're hitting, so it's hard to get into 'relationship talk' which everyone needs the occasional break from.

There are cold, refreshing drinks waiting for you after the round. Slap a little BBQ to the agenda and you're grilling dinner, which is more fun.

Not to mention, they get back aches because they use clubs that are waaaaaaaaaaay too short...

[Linked Image from gunblast.com]

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by SusieQ
NW, on the golf, find out if there are any Par 3 courses in your area, it's much easier when you are beginner!

Will do, thanks for the tip!

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Our thoughts exactly re: golf.

As for ML, watch what you say...I think she's watching.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Not to mention, they get back aches because they use clubs that are waaaaaaaaaaay too short...

[Linked Image from gunblast.com]

rotflmao

Psst, HHH, she may be watching you, too.

Me (BH)
FWW

H
H
I ain't afeared a no Texan, I'm from the real West!

/flex

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
I ain't afeared a no Texan, I'm from the real West!

/flex

HHH-------->[Linked Image from i463.photobucket.com]<--------ML

Me (BH)
FWW

R
R
Exactly what I was thinking. Don't mess with Texas.

ML if you are around here, go check on SaveMyMarriage will you?

Hes drawn a line in the sand with WW, could use more than just us neophytes:)

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
N
OP Offline
N
So, Reynolds, guess you learned something from T after all! For those, like me, who've never heard of the term neophyte before, I'll spare you the google search:

Neophyte
ne�o�phyte
[nee-uh-fahyt]
�noun
1. a beginner or novice: He's a neophyte at chess.
2. Roman Catholic Church . a novice.
3. a person newly converted to a belief, as a heathen, heretic, or nonbeliever; proselyte.
4. Primitive Church . a person newly baptized.

Me (BH)
FWW

Page 35 of 50 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation