Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
drscott Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi all, and thank you for all of the help you have given me and others in the past. I truly feel that this is the most awesome place a newly betrayed spouse can land on the interwebs.

What follows is a couple of posts from a very active hunting forum I am on. It is amazing how many of the guys there are going through infidelity and divorce. I always point them here, don't know if any have taken my advice. Anyways, I think the second poster very intuitively summed up the wayward spouse alien concept. And BTW, he did recently go through a divorce with a WW.

Poster #1 "It's bizarre to watch grown a** men turn into estrogen-soaked p***** the second their wives walk out on them. And then a year later, they unanimously lament how boned badly they got boned in court. One of life's strangest phenomenon. "

Poster #2 in reply "I think it's kinda like when the zombie apocalypse comes and it turns out that your dog can get bit and turn into a zombie as well, then your dog gets bit by a zombie dog. You know you gotta shoot your dog because he's fixing to become a zombie and eat your brain, but you don't want to do it because he used to be your dog, so you just sit there crying and singing Journey until Fido's eyes turn all white and roll back in his head. All the while, you're armed to the gills but you aren't doing anything. "

I've been chuckling to myself about this one all day...

I
I
Well, I'm glad that your ex did not get your brain. Did/does she get your wallet?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
C
C
Originally Posted by imagine
Well, I'm glad that your ex did not get your brain. Did/does she get your wallet?

#2 is too funny!Thankfully WS's move and think about as fast as zombies too...

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
If a zombie apocalypse happens, I'm tripping you...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
D
drscott Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I promise #2 was not me! LOL! That was what was so funny to me, was that he intuitively got the concept without being a member here as far as I know. There were 2 other members on that forum going through the same thing I was at that time, he was one of them. Although I was not too active here, I learned a lot and it amazes me how often I see MB wisdom in my daily life.

Hey imagine, thanks for asking. My brain is intact I think, wallet too....everything kinda came out in my favor because she was terrified of a court battle...one of my best friends is an attorney, and she knew I had near-free legal representation.

R
R
Bunch of gun toting hunters talking about a zombie apololyse? Gotta be a bad combination. What happens when one of these guys logs off and sees someone coming up the street slowly with a limp? lol

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
P
P
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
Bunch of gun toting hunters talking about a zombie apololyse? Gotta be a bad combination. What happens when one of these guys logs off and sees someone coming up the street slowly with a limp? lol
think

Is he dressed as a clown?

R
R
You are going to wreck clowns for me. When the ZA does arrive, I want to be holed up with a bunch of canned goods, ammo and Melodylane and her husband. I hear shes a crack shot being from Texas and all:)

FBH,Dad
H
H

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

R
R
Awesome article, excuse me while I put the cat outside and run off to the gun store. lol

FBH,Dad
P
P
Comedy/Horror
One of my favorite genres grin

An oldie but goodie and I think the character played by Reba might possibly be based on Melodylane .... think

TREMORS

H
H
Everything is better with (Kevin) Bacon...

K
K
Originally Posted by Pepperband
In honor of Arnold Schwarzenegger, a new, Eleventh Commandment has been created: "Thou Shalt Not Share Thy Rod With Thy Staff."

Bwwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa!

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
C
C
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
If a zombie apocalypse happens, I'm tripping you...

U gotta catch me first and us skinny Mics run fast and zombies don't! weightlifter

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
I
I
"Did you hear about the guy that had been watching a program on hospital cases where the patient was kept alive to be a human vegetable.

He called his wife and told her that he would never want to be fed juices and plugged in a machine to sustain his life.

So she unplugged the TV and through away his beer."

Yes I'm afraid I'm plugged into the internet while my son is into TV games shooting Zombies - I have not the strength to switch us off.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
M
M
Melodylane and her husband. I hear shes a crack shot POT being from Texas and all:)

Fixed your typo for ya, Reynolds! stickout

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

R
R
LOL as if she doesn't have enough reasons to come to my house!

FBH,Dad
P
P
LOL as if she doesn't have enough reasons to come to my house!

Honey, you live in Canada. Might as well be Siberia as far as Mel is concerned.
You're safe.

C
C
Originally Posted by imagine
Yes I'm afraid I'm plugged into the internet while my son is into TV games shooting Zombies - I have not the strength to switch us off.

Put on Shaun of the Dead and spend some quality family time!

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation