Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
BXB9473 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hils, I'm still snooping hard. The instant I sense anything fishy I will expose. I will do it, I promise. This isn't your typical EA so I didn't expose to work yet because I knew this would end (they work for same company but in different divisions).

This is just more sad than anything. Reality set in today as my WW filed for divorce and has a realtor at my house nowtelling us how much to list our house for.

How can I keep from strangling her for being so selfish, stupid and ruining the lives of our family and my two young kids? (I'm not going to do it, I'm only kidding.) She's still mad because I exposed and made her look like a fool and embarrassed her.

N
N
To address your other statements, she filed before me, I cannot sue on the grounds of adultery or mental cruelty.

On what grounds did she base her suit?

Of course, in defending yourself, it may become necessary to offer countervailing evidence to what claims she makes. This may, of course entail testimony about her damaging-to-marital-happiness actions. She is aware of this, yes?

B
BXB9473 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
She filed on the grounds that our marriage is "irretrievably (sp?) broken". (My state is a no fault state.) My attorney told me to bring all proof I had when I dropped off my retainer agreement. I have about 30 email exchanges from them.

The realtor my wife selected just left us a stack of comps and we are going to lose our a$$ on this house.

I think a little dose of reality just hit WW. She said this is one of the worst days in her life.

Last edited by BXB9473; 06/29/11 05:41 PM.
H
H
You can still plan A, but you must emphasize to your lawyer that you want to drag this out as long as possible, that you want to counter on the grounds of mental cruelty (or find a reason, you can always find a reason), and ask for EVERYTHING.

That will be a hard dose of reality as well.

Here's the thing:

She's lashing out at you because you ruined her affair. Now she's thinks this is the way.

What do you do?

It's easy to descend into mud slinging and get nasty. This won't recover your marriage. You must very strictly separate marriage talk from divorce talk.

If she wants to talk divorce, you say, "My lawyer talks divorce. I'll talk about how to rebuild our marriage. Want to watch a movie (take a walk/have dinner together/bake cookies/play with the kids/have some friends over).

Be friendly, nice, and not overly affectionate. If anything, keep the affection to a minimum. She won't be receptive to it.

This will be the hardest thing you've ever done because she will not reciprocate in any way. If anything, your counter filing asking for the pajamas she sleeps in and the last bit of silverware and linen in addtion to the full custody of the kids will be a huge dose of reality she's not expecting.

Also, beat her to the punch and call your friends up and let them know that SHE had an affair and filed for a D, but that you'd like to rebuild the marriage and save things.

B
BXB9473 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So if I'm not supposed to talk divorce with WW then how do we start dividing things and discussing all associated items? Is everything done through attorneys? That will be expensive...

This morning I printed a copy of the Basic Concepts and left it on the kitchen table with a note asking for 45 minutes of her time to talk to the Harley's. If she still isn't convinced, I offered To repay her in the settlement (good suggestion). She said she wasn't going to quibble over $200.

We'll see what happens...

H
H
When she brings it up, you say, "I will not discuss anything relating to divorce. I will only discuss how we can fix our marriage. Divorce will be handled through the attorneys."

She'll fume and rant. She wants things to be "friendly" and "nice" for the kids.

It's a fantasy. No such thing.

Your sentence above should be repeated ad nauseum.

If you discuss division of stuff, that means you've surrendered to her and she is getting her way.

Let her know you're fighting!

H
H
Not doing it through attorneys means you're making it easy for her.

DON'T.

Do you understand yet, that making the divorce process easy works AGAINST you?

DO NOT MAKE DIVORCE EASY!

B
BXB9473 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I understand. Can I assume the same goes for selling the house? That should go through attorneys as well as part of divorce proceedings? My name is on the mortgage so she can't sell it or list it without my "approval."

H
H
Originally Posted by BXB9473
This isn't your typical EA...

Famous last words.

Quash this kind of thinking here. The... *cough* old-timers *cough*... are better qualified to say what is "typical" or not, bud.

They have seen some slimy waywards.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
H
BX;

Have you noticed a trend in your thread?

The less you follow the advice given, the less people are going to post to you.

QUIT WAFFLING, MAN UP, AND DO AS INSTRUCTED.

This advice has been given time and time again, and has worked time and time again.

Quit fighting the advice, and start fighting the adultery.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
N
N
I think a little dose of reality just hit WW. She said this is one of the worst days in her life. rotflmao hurray rotflmao

Well, at LAST we have from you a positive statement about your situation. WW's total and abject discomfiture is what you want. You want to see to it that, unless she gets her lovely WW head out of her WW butt, as she evaluates the days to come, THIS day in retrospect was deeeeee-lightful.

The real trick is to structure you every action so that you remain the visible beacon of affection and EN-satisfaction, while privately doing everything to ruin her infidelity-influenced life. Hence, the lawyer, as in, "Gawsh, hunney-bunny, I don't know nothing about that divorce stuff, and am so busy trying to win you back, I don't have time to learn. Your lawyer will just have to speak to my lawyer." (Meanwhile, you're daily informing your lawyer to delay, disrupt, and destroy her plans of an easy dissolution.)

H
H
BX,

I find you receptive of advice so far, but be wary of thinking you know better.

You need to understand that you're not different, special, unique, or atypical.

Everything so far has been very standard. Nothing unusual here.

You see, we don't know you or your wife personally, but the pattern of behavior is soooooo common, that it is easy to spot. I've even been able to sniff out affairs in my own personal life since I've seen the signs so often here that I could tell when they hit for real in my personal interactions.

WW'es are delusional. They really think things will go their way and that there won't be any fight on your end. I've seen it here and now in my own family.

Don't fall for that idea. No, we don't know you personally but we know your wayward wife. Emphasis there is on "wayward". They all act and think the same.

The wild card in most of these situations is the BS. There are the BH's who are afraid of their WW'es. There's those that listen and follow instructions.

There's no guarantees that you'll save your marriage. But we know what works and what doesn't. Appeasement never works. Keeping the WW happy doesn't work.

Making the WW miserable works. If she's miserable, it means she's not getting her way or the affair has ended or you're doing things that are making it tough for her to leave with a clear conscience.

B
BXB9473 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Helpthelostdads, I'm the first to admit I know nothing about this subject and therefore I do NOT know better. As a matter of fact I have posted on other's new threads telling guys to listen because people here are experts have their best interest at heart. All I do is offer moral support to my brothers injured by WWs.

Even the topic of a WW is so foreign to me my head is spinning. This thing went from 0 to 60 in about two seconds. There are so many thoughts in my head I am having trouble processing everything as fast as it comes from posters and WW.

Everyone's advice and support has been incredible. I look at this site more than any other. I value your opinions so that's why I ask so many questions even ones I know the answers to. I just want confirmation and support occasionally and this site gives me that.

I'm fighting for my marriage. Some of the concepts appear counterintuitive to me. I'm slow sometimes (live in KY) especially in subjects where I have no knowledge. But, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". I learn my lesson eventually.

B
BXB9473 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
OK. I owe everyone an apology. The affair is not over. The VAR confirmed. I have to expose to work tonight. I'm sorry I second guessed everyone!

S
S
I'm sorry, BX.

What did the VAR conversation say?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
BXB9473 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
She has spoken to him, they are trying to figure out ways to get to live in the same city, she referenced him as her boyfriend, etc.

Do I need to let her know I have the audio tapes? Do I need to expose to her again?

I know I'm not supposed to leave the house because of my kids so does it matter if she filed divorce papers already?

I guess plan B is in order...

I don't want to go home for a while!

Last edited by BXB9473; 07/01/11 07:57 PM.
G
G
Originally Posted by BXB9473
OK. I owe everyone an apology. The affair is not over. The VAR confirmed. I have to expose to work tonight. I'm sorry I second guessed everyone!
Dude, you don't have to apologize. In fact, I want you to stop apologizing for a spell.

10 days ago I told you to expose it at their workplace, told you to unload every round you've got onto this affair until you empty the chamber.

For any newly betrayed spouse who may be lurking & reading: Affairs are like vampires. When one is sucking the blood out of your marriage, you don't just take a teensy little stick & a 5-ounce hammer and go "tap-tap-tap" & check its pulse every few seconds & hope it's dead, do ya? No! You get the meanest, sharpest stake you can grab, and the biggest, heaviest mallet, and you pound on that sucker like all hell's broken loose, until the stake is sunk all the way into the vampire's chest and everything in the room is splattered with vampire blood.

Man, I was in an affair. And I was someone's OM. Unfortunately, I haven't just read this stuff in some book, I've lived it.

You've got to make it miserable for them. Shame has a role! It should be your goal to get him or her fired; that'd at least be a step toward no-contact.

But now they've had 10 days to scheme since I first told you this.

I'm sorry for ya, man. No, you didn't deserve to be in this spot, didn't ask for it. But here you are. You can still fight this fight, but your heart has to be in it. Only you can know if that's the case.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
C
C
go home!! be quiet and let the vets get here. you have been doing good.do not leave your home!

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

R
R
Though it is horrifying and very upsetting you go home and do NOT tell her you have recordings. You don't tell her at this juncture you know about the continuing affair.

You take deep breaths and plan. Then you follow the plan to the T and work the marriagebuilder magic.

You will be in the best place possible that way.

Tell yourself that you must learn not to shoot yourself in the foot by revealing your intelligence info. It would not stop the affair, it would just go deeper underground so you can't have insight to the truth.

It is tough but you are able to do this.

J
J
I agree with the rest, don't do anything yet, you need a solid plan of attack and confronting at this point before the plan is in place will be counterproductive.
You will be in for the fight of your life.....
Right now educate yourself on all the steps and Plan A, Plan B, exposure and No Contact letters..........and then when the vets show up and start putting your plan together for you, you listen and act.........one step at a time with patience and faith.
for now hang in there, breathe and come here and read and learn
jessi
sorry this is happening in your life.

Last edited by jessitaylor; 07/01/11 11:53 PM.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation