Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2538622 08/26/11 09:39 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Yeah well it might mean I wont be posting by PC for a little while. So I will by IPhone then MuHaHAhA

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Yeah well it might mean I wont be posting by PC for a little while. So I will by IPhone then MuHaHAhA
Stay safe, CP!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
ConstantProcess location listed as

STATE OF MIND

Evidently, there is a hurricane headed towards CP's state of mind.

rotflmao

M
M
Stay safe, CP!! I had to laugh at gov chris Christie. He told new jerseyians to "get the hell off the beach!" rotflmao That guy is a scream.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
It's windy and rainy here in Virginia. No loss of power yet, but I think it just turned EAST. It is flickering at the moment. Will probably loose it soon!!

Have flashlights ready and 3 cases of water!!!!

GOD pray for all of us here on the East Coast and keep us safe during this storm!

In Jesus Name Amen

Last edited by itistoughlove; 08/27/11 02:32 PM.
N
N
Gov Chris Christie...told new jerseyians to "get the hell off the beach!"

Ya see, you don't have to go too far south of Noo Yawk to find endemic provincial foolishness!

(Keep safe everybody!)

M
M
I've been storm-tracking, and it looks like the worst of the hurricane has moved out of those areas. I web-cammed Virginia Beach, and things are looking uuuugly. And the upper coastal states are next. Stay safe, you guys! pray

D-Day 2-10-2009

C
OP Offline
C
Im in Balimer Pep! Lol. But you never know what will blow thru my mind...

As usual, the people here ran out and bought up all the bread and milk.

Used to LMAO with late wife about that, we northeners didn't get worried till the snow got over 1 foot. She was from Vermont and 1 foot of snow didn't mean much.

I lost a good job,($400 piece work), one day cancelling because of the warnings around here. From then on I brought a raincoat and dressed for anything. Did a brake job in the blizzard of 96, lol. I worked outside with traveling car repair, had a 16' boxvan with everything in it. Hate the bad weather hype. Not the heads up, the hype.

I can hear what would have been told me when the cattle needed to be watered when I was a kid, and I didn't want to shovel a path to the barn, because the snow was to deep lol. "What? A little water won't kill ya, Lol!" You'd never hear the end of it.

So today was no different, and we were prepared, but didn't run out of milk or bread....Thought that maybe..the Crack dealers downtown would let me stand there and I could make some good scratch selling bags of bread and a gallon of milk for a $20 bill,,,But probably not a good idea...The cops would probably lock ME up for being crazy...

Reminds me of how there was talk of legalizing cocaine in this city...God help us..lol

Another false alarm here it seems, at 1:20 AM Sunday morning, and to think my buddy,(who needed to watch diet and weight at 57 anyways), was outside preparing for the Hurricane, and ended up in the hospital on his way to the airport this morning with some blockage in an artery. What is this basic training? Dig a hole and then fill it up again so you can get tough?

Some wind and scattered rain now.

I think the excitment for most is more dangerous than the weather, its a good thing some wacko on TV didn't say it was going to be the end of the world.

Praying you all suffer minimal damage physically and emotionally, for the emotional part, turn off your TVs and get some candles and books in case the lights go out. It seems you have the kids inside, keeping them calm, and every five minutes there is someone telling you, LOOK OUT!!! THERE IS A XXXX COMING!!!

I assume you have rented a generator in case the sump pump stops when the power goes out! Don'tcha know the stores are sold out of generators, even though the price doubled?.

Yeah the hype, just be prepared and look out the window..

God Bless everyone

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
N
N
Sorry, CP, you and I are at different loci when looking at these "disaster" warnings!

Yes, this was somewhat less than expected. A lot of people did a lot of window-taping, patio-furniture-moving, and milk-buying and did NOT have the hammers of hell descend on them, giving folks an additional sense of "They're just trying to scare us."

So in support of your position, you can cite "Irene".

All I need answer is "Katrina".

How many THOUSANDS of people (many poor and old) died because folks surrounding them were saying, "Oh, don't worry, they're just trying to scare us!"

Pep likes to "zing" me for being a prototypical engineer, and I suppose there is much to laugh at as my kind looks at graphs, cites statistics, and plans for safety and security. But it's one thing to be overly cautious, and look "foolish" like the officials through the US Northeast, today, and a much different situation to look "devastated" as the deep Southern officials did almost exactly six years ago.

And, dude, did you did not think that millions of people's prayers over the past week might have had an effect?

P
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Pep likes to "zing" me for being a prototypical engineer

It's pure jealousy, NG.

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
All I need answer is "Katrina".

I learned my lesson first hand during "IKE." doh2

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
I would rather err to the side of caution myself.

My 24 year old son was calling me and asking my Daughter and her family along with me and DS GF also, all evacuate this city together.

I could only tell him how proud I was that he felt that way, and yes that would be the best thing, but nobody else would do it, and I did not have a Car or money to do it myself.

Sometimes we are left to that Mercy, and have to trust God, no matter how silly that sounds to people with means.

If I was a city planner, or Gov't official, or a Person in authority, I would not get caught even considering the sentiment of complaceny about this sort of emergency. I realize that there will be deaths because of panic, and I am sure they weight those over also when deciding to evacuate. Its lonely at the top.

Katrina was a disaster in so many ways. It is possible that the media hype for so long had caused it to be ignored because,"Aw they all say that". The people do not get excused who had lived there many years, and still did not take the warnings. Just like I listen to the news, and take notice, of a Nor'easter possiblity.

Then you prepare yourself FIRST,(dammit), and then join the ranks of the armchair weathermen.

I would have liked to have one of those jobs that help people prepare and avoid the conseqences of natural disasters, but we all have that job really, its whether we embrace it. As a younger man I was just like my Son.

I didn't mean to make it sound. Wait a min,... I'm sorry I made it sound like I didn't beleive in caution in things like this. I was accually shooting for some humor I thought because it was over. Just another way of looking at things.

Thanks NG, someones gotta keep me on my toes.

Anyone else need prayer for a situation that might have happened during "Irene"? How did we all fair this storm?

N
N
Are the Texans (and any Louisianans, Mississipians, Alabamans) among us putting on their waders? It appears Lee is bringing mucho precipitation your way. Good luck, folks.

C
OP Offline
C
Just think,,Lee turned out to be a traitor after all Tex. He was such a wonderful General and Loyal to y'all too. Also I heard a fine Christian man and they still study him at Westpoint.

Seriuosly though guys, please be careful. Keep us in touch

M
M
Well, it looks like it is just a tropical storm and is headed for New Orleans. Lee was a traitor??

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Oh cool Guys! Missed the storm.

Ah it was a weak jokes anyways Mel faint Now just forgetabotit k? It never happened.

M
M
That's alright, CP, I never get jokes anyway! doh2

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Well now I feel compelled to explain it Mel. Lol

[quote=ConstantProcess]Just think,,Lee,(Robert E. Lee, who was the confederate General, who valiently led the south) turned out to be a traitor after all Tex (You and your Yankee thing Mel, the south will rise agin!). He was such a wonderful General and Loyal to y'all too.(Another zing with that Y'all, but I remember a blond girl I met when I was camping, who was from Georgia, and when I was twelve. The kids called there father sir, and they were wonderful people. Yeah the beach boys song ..."and the southeren girls with the way they talk..." So you end up winning anyways lol) Also I heard a fine Christian man and they still study him at Westpoint.

This last thing was my true respect for the man, for he did not take the lives of his solders lightly. His tactics are studied at Westpoint and when he surrendered to Grant, he was clearly the better man of the two and both sides held him with great reverance and Honor. Many Christians recognize him as a spiritual man also, and read about him in and out of colledges.

Now if you are rolling on the floor because you turned my weak attempt at vieled humor around to make it REALLy funny, God Bless ya...

Us yankees, we allways gotta complicate stuff

M
M
Us yankees engineers, we allways gotta complicate stuff
Fixed that for ya, NG. No, no - no need to thank me. grin

D-Day 2-10-2009

C
OP Offline
C
NG,
"Hey Moe, Im offended, and I resemble that remark!"

Seriously do all us Yankees sound alike? I know I don't matchNGs caliber of literary skill and wit

Sounds like the south is rising again NG ... Into the breech!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 259 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation