Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64
P
P
I believe my new goal in life is to slowly drive Mel mad by my weekly menu ...

[Linked Image from free-emoticons.co.uk]

Haven't settled on tonight's atrocity, but tomorrow it's British Bangers and sauteed veggies laugh

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca

Haven't settled on tonight's atrocity, but tomorrow it's British Bangers and sauteed veggies laugh

hurray

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca

Do you have no shame??? Why can't you eat chicken fried steak and gravy like a good unstanding Texan?? naughty

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I eat chicken fried steak and gravy every chance I get.

But I've come to understand that if I continue to eat it every chance I get, I may not be able to continue to meet Prisca's need for an attractive spouse, without scores of hours of exercise each week.

So I may need to start eating things that resemble vegetables now and then. And french fries with ketchup probably doesn't get it. Fried okra probably doesn't, either. SOB!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
N
N
FOR YEARS I have endured hearing the "witticism" that Italians EAT what everyone else uses for BAIT!

Well, with this dissertation on okra, having sampled it unknowingly just once, I can now aver that our colleagues from the Gulf Coastal area are partial to EAT what normal people would feed to their LIVESTOCK!

Any Franco-Americans want to offer up recipes for snails, or frogs' legs?

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Well, with this dissertation on okra, having sampled it unknowingly just once, I can now aver that our colleagues from the Gulf Coastal area are partial to EAT what normal people would feed to their LIVESTOCK!

I believe this yankee devil has just insulted we Texans!! rant2

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I believe this yankee devil has just insulted we Texans!! rant2

Texans unite! REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

(wait ... I don't like okra either ... hmm ...)

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

K
K
Well, I did have steak yesterday...with A-1 Sauce...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
OP Offline
C
Last week I made the cover recipe on the September Bon Appetit. You can read about my cooking experience on my blog.

Last night I made stuffed bell peppers. Stuffing: brown rice medley (brown rice with some other grains mixed in -- a Trader Joe's thing), Italian sausage, zucchini, onion, parsley, basil. Topped with Parmesan. Supper yummy. I'm probably going to post about it tomorrow.

H
H
FOR YEARS I have endured hearing the "witticism" that Italians EAT what everyone else uses for BAIT!

Any Franco-Americans want to offer up recipes for snails, or frogs' legs?

The only authentically French dish I have ever sampled is boudin, similar to what our British friends call "black pudding."

Thank my lucky stars that it was the only French dish grandpa made, and very sparsely.

Very horrible thing to mistake for a brownie...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
The ONLY yankees we can tolerate down here are NEW JERSEY yankees and we like them rascals. They are all mafia and tell it like a Texan!! Just look at their governer, Chris Christie. Last week he was telling folks to leave for the hurricane and he says "GET THE HELL OFF THE BEACH!! You're done, it's 4:30. You've maximized your tan!!!" rotflmao

We LOVE New Jersey Housewives down here in TExas! Even our truck drivers at my company watch that show! [they are the ones who told me about it!] rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by curious53
Last night I made stuffed bell peppers. Stuffing: brown rice medley (brown rice with some other grains mixed in -- a Trader Joe's thing), Italian sausage, zucchini, onion, parsley, basil. Topped with Parmesan. Supper yummy. I'm probably going to post about it tomorrow.

Wow, that sounds good. I love stuffed peppers. Never used brown rice or zucchini in them, though. Just bought a bunch of zucchini tonight, hmm...

P
P
Originally Posted by markos

Wow, that sounds good. I love stuffed peppers. Never used brown rice or zucchini in them, though. Just bought a bunch of zucchini tonight, hmm...

Oh, wow, I'm hungry.

Stupid diet.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

B
B
Dinner for us was corn on the cob, honey mustard chicken breasts, and garlic bread. The chicken had been seriously freezer burned but my wife slow cooked them in the crock pot - they came out really juicy.

We served dinner in stages - corn first, then chicken, then the garlic bread. This is so DD1.5 will eat her corn - if she sees bread on the table or on anyone's plate, she will fixate on it and refuse to eat anything else.

Dessert for the kids was some kind of gourmet French chocolate bar my wife got at Central Market for us to share on our overnight date night last weekend, but it's awful - a Hershey bar tastes better. The kids didn't seem to mind though. laugh

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
M
M
Originally Posted by markos

I wonder if I can make that Atkins style sans the rice? That just sounds delicious! Zucchini and eye-talian sausage is SOOO good together.

Exposure 101

M
M

I wonder if I could take up the rice slack with extra zucchini and sausage?

Exposure 101

H
H

Probably. Or, you could do some googlin for texture replacement ideas with a low glycemic value. There used to be some nice low carb pastas out there...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
C
C
Ok, started reading this thread,and was both jealous and hungry at the same time rotflmao

But thats my problem I know.

Im a great cook, when I work at it, and because I am a diabetic I have found that it caused me to eat and cook better food.

It is possible being a diabetic to cook great food, and feed everybody better than before, as long as they are eating healthy too. Thats what happens when you take something that seems to be a curse, and turn it into a blessing.

Now visualizing my next apt, where I have a kitchen set up again, and I get back into cooking like before,(stuck in one room right now temporarily).

But for now, I am relying on fruits and cold healthy food, and the occasional meal at Daughters or friends house. When I get an apt, I will having friends over and cooking for them again.

Ah the simple pleasures are the best.. (LOve stuffed peppers BTW and those sound awesome!)

C
C
The ONLY yankees we can tolerate down here are NEW JERSEY yankees and we like them rascals. They are all mafia and tell it like a Texan!! Just look at their governer, Chris Christie. Last week he was telling folks to leave for the hurricane and he says "GET THE HELL OFF THE BEACH!! You're done, it's 4:30. You've maximized your tan!!!" rotflmao

Your right Mel it is funny. Its like having to tell kids not to run with scissors... toe tap

N
N

WHAT???

There are dozens of folks here who have used this food-preparation process to recover from what we call "the hunger". C53, the provider of this recipe, has helped dozens of families enjoy the satisfactions that her familiy achieved using this recipe, after years of studying what being TRULY FULL around a family table really means. She developed the theory of "Capsicum Needs" (CNs) and "Uninterrupted Retention" (UR). (Of course, the length of time spent with this food in each partner's oral cavity is subject to the terms of POJA, as we cannot endorse secretive solitary chewing, known here as "Compulsive Mastication".)

Instead of offering your opinions, I'd suggest you get a copy of C53's book, "Surviving Vegetables", and read the principles that we work with here.

Look, it's tempting to "cherry-pick" (NOT to be confused with "cherry peppers") the process here, but not following through with all the steps has led to disaster, and we here only want to see you family achieve the state of edible satisfaction, that we, survivors of raveousnous far worse than yours, have come to realize.

(Now where the HELL is my shotgun?)

Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (sergio45), 491 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation