Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 64 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 63 64
M
M
I wonder if I could take up the rice slack with extra zucchini and sausage?
Try chopping up cauliflower until it's coarse like rice and throw that in.

I steamed and mashed cauliflower to replace mashed potatoes when I was trying Atkins. It was actually pretty good!

Last edited by maritalbliss; 09/02/11 06:57 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

WHAT???

There are dozens of folks here who have used this food-preparation process to recover from what we call "the hunger". C53, the provider of this recipe, has helped dozens of families enjoy the satisfactions that her familiy achieved using this recipe, after years of studying what being TRULY FULL around a family table really means. She developed the theory of "Capsicum Needs" (CNs) and "Uninterrupted Retention" (UR). (Of course, the length of time spent with this food in each partner's oral cavity is subject to the terms of POJA, as we cannot endorse secretive solitary chewing, known here as "Compulsive Mastication".)

Instead of offering your opinions, I'd suggest you get a copy of C53's book, "Surviving Vegetables", and read the principles that we work with here.

Look, it's tempting to "cherry-pick" (NOT to be confused with "cherry peppers") the process here, but not following through with all the steps has led to disaster, and we here only want to see you family achieve the state of edible satisfaction, that we, survivors of raveousnous far worse than yours, have come to realize.

(Now where the HELL is my shotgun?)

LOL!!!!!

I have also heard that chopped cauliflower makes a good low/no-carb replacement for rice.

Given the enthusiasm for stuff peppers, I wanted to let you guys know I just posted about them on my blog. The post is WAY shorter than the one about the chicken.

In the future, I'll refrain from linking to the blog, as I don't want to exploit the Marriage Builders site for self-promotion. I just thought this crowd would be interested.

M
M

WHAT???

There are dozens of folks here who have used this food-preparation process to recover from what we call "the hunger". C53, the provider of this recipe, has helped dozens of families enjoy the satisfactions that her familiy achieved using this recipe, after years of studying what being TRULY FULL around a family table really means. She developed the theory of "Capsicum Needs" (CNs) and "Uninterrupted Retention" (UR). (Of course, the length of time spent with this food in each partner's oral cavity is subject to the terms of POJA, as we cannot endorse secretive solitary chewing, known here as "Compulsive Mastication".)

Instead of offering your opinions, I'd suggest you get a copy of C53's book, "Surviving Vegetables", and read the principles that we work with here.

Look, it's tempting to "cherry-pick" (NOT to be confused with "cherry peppers") the process here, but not following through with all the steps has led to disaster, and we here only want to see you family achieve the state of edible satisfaction, that we, survivors of raveousnous far worse than yours, have come to realize.

ROTFLOL! Take off the Big Hair wig, NG, you can't replace MelodyLane. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M

WHAT???

Wanna borrow my Aquanet, hunny? stickout

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by curious53
[

LOL!!!!!

I have also heard that chopped cauliflower makes a good low/no-carb replacement for rice.

Given the enthusiasm for stuff peppers, I wanted to let you guys know I just posted about them on my blog. The post is WAY shorter than the one about the chicken.

In the future, I'll refrain from linking to the blog, as I don't want to exploit the Marriage Builders site for self-promotion. I just thought this crowd would be interested.

I am very interested and really loved looking at the pictures! I hope you keep posting it. Thanks for the suggestion to add cauliflower. That is a great idea!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
No! Please keep posting your receipes. Some of us need all the help we can get (uh, that'd be me).

My husband taught me everything I know about cooking. It was sad, the first year or so my husband lived on BBQ porkchops (my mom's receipe) and mac-n-cheese.

After 30+ years I have learned to cook but not anything too fancy -- mostly Southern comfort foods.

Anyway, here's my husband's DELISH quick and easy recipe for "God Bless Texas Enchiladas" (I just made that up) - simple to make but man oh man, they are awesome! We just had them last night. Yum!

2 cans of Hormel Chile with no beans
1 nice size white onion
1 package of CORN tortillas (not flour!!)
1 package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or the 4-cheese Mexican mix is good too).

Coat the bottom of a glass pan with a little bit of the chile.
Dice the onion into very small pieces.
Open the bag of shredded cheddar cheese.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
Fill each tortilla with a bit of onion and cheese, roll it up and put it in the pan.
Repeat until the bottom of the pan is full (one layer).
Pour remaining chile over the rolled tortillas (use both cans).
Cover the top with the remaining onion pieces.
Empty the bag of cheese on top of all of it.
Cook it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until it starts bubbling on the side.

Serve with guacamole and sour cream and other Mexican side dishes.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 09/02/11 01:40 PM. Reason: added title

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Anyway, here's my husband's DELISH quick and easy recipe for "God Bless Texas Enchiladas" (I just made that up) - simple to make but man oh man, they are awesome! We just had them last night. Yum!

Love the name!! grin

Exposure 101

P
P

WHAT???

I bow to you in awe and reverence ...

N
N

Thanx, Tex, but trolls like me have crew-cuts! Got any Butch Wax?

[Linked Image from mikanet.com]

P
P

WHAT???

rotflmao rotflmao

Now be careful here NG. You start messing with people's food and they tend to get a little testy (not to be confused with tasty). It's a recipe for disaster for sure and some people are likely to go off half-baked.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
It's a recipe for disaster for sure and some people are likely to go off half-baked.
rotflmao It really needed to be said.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M

Thanx, Tex, but trolls like me have crew-cuts! Got any Butch Wax?

[Linked Image from mikanet.com]

I can smell my little brother right now!! grin

Exposure 101

M
M
Last night's bangers and sauteed veggies were wonderful!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by markos

Have you no shame!?? sigh

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by markos

Have you no shame!?? sigh

(It's the exact same ingredients you were talking about stuffing into a bell pepper the other day! Gotcha!)

C
OP Offline
C
Since we are moving next week, I used the chicken parts we've been saving in the freezer to make broth. I added a bunch of herbs, some carrot, garlic and green onion, and one dried Mexican pepper. It's on the deck cooling right now so I can skim off the fat. Tonight we'll have it as Tortellini in Brodo (broth) with some bread and carrots on the side. I think it's going to be really really good.

N
N
Bride returned to (teaching) job today, so, coupled with a drizzle-filled day, I made "comfort food" - meatloaf (with HOT sausage), baked potatoes with grilled onions, and roasted tomatoes with parmesan topping.

V
V
Ooh, I picked up some nice heirloom tomatoes - I was thinking of serving them sliced as a cold tomato salad sort of thing, but roasted w/ parmesan sounds tempting.

Anything added to the parmesan? What temp and how long to roast? Inquiring minds want to know...

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
N
N
Cut out stem portion of tomatoes. Slice tomatoes in half horizontally. Turn juicy side up in baking pan. Mix grated parmesan cheese, olive oil, oregano, and pepper into a fairly thick paste. (Hint: Make more than you think you'll need.) Spread over tomato halves - use it ALL up. Put in oven (nominally 400 degrees for 15 minutes, but the meatloaf was in at 350, so I left the tomatoes in for roughly 20 minutes.)

(Damn it! My estrogen alarm just went off! I have to leave now and tear down a lawnmower engine before I start giving you pointers on place settings.........)

V
V
Eeeeeexcellent! I do believe I will add that to this week's menu - thank you for sharing!

(Damn it! My estrogen alarm just went off! I have to leave now and tear down a lawnmower engine before I start giving you pointers on place settings.........)

Now if you could find some way to do the tomatoes on, like, your lawn mower engine, then I think it'll cancel out just fine. grin

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
Page 9 of 64 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation