Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Originally Posted by reading
I want to point out we betrayed spouses, along with some waywards all 'almost died' when faced with infidelity.

AMEN Reading!!
Speaking as a betrayed Spouse.....There were some mornings.....when I was unhappy that I had woke up in the morning.......I did NOT want to wake up!!!

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
M
M
Originally Posted by reading
I want to point out we betrayed spouses, along with some waywards all 'almost died' when faced with infidelity.

And betrayed spouses did not volunteer for this, the wayward spouse DID. It was FORCED on the BS. Any suffering incurred by the WS is at her own hand.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
After I read the original post a few times I thought to post this

However I erred on the side of caution because perhaps I don't have the patience for dealing with this type of post.

admirable self-control I thought clap

N
N
Aussie, do you really mean that even after all that time off the board you can STILL recognize fog when you hear it? Incredible!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
Why don't we just not respond to almostdied any longer?

Almostdied is just a manipulative wayward that is trying to get her husband to bow down to her ranting and raving after his (apparently well-done) exposure.

If he cannot educate her, what the hell could we do? She's the type (hypocrite) that gives Christians a bad name and is just playing the God card (as MelodyLane put it) in her latest attempt to regain control over her marriage.

Likening her to my three year old having a tantrum, let's just not play in her sandbox anymore.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

K
K
Who is the husband anyway?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
N
MrA (was Mr Amazed or something like that a few days ago)

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2551621

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
M
Bump ... come talk to us here, almostdied/notsurewhatiwant. We can help you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
N
N
I know I've said this before on other threads, but even if the original poster chooses not to learn one whit from the wisdom and truth that has been graciously shared with her, there are plenty of others who will.

Even years from now, you might be surprised to see this pop up every now and again with someone reading it. There have been many times I looked at who was online and what threads they were reading, only to see nearly forgotten threads from 5 or 10 years ago, still being read and bringing benefit to the readers.

Most of us probably have real lives that are too exciting and absorbing to let us continue to post to a vanished and unrepentant poster. Well I do, anyway. (Should she come back, even marginally ready to listen and implement an MB plan, that would be a whole different scenario.)

But what was already said is very worthwhile, and not even one little bit wasted.

Since you're reading this, you might as well get something enjoyable from it. Well, enjoyable if you like horrible puns.

There was once a snail who was sick and tired of his reputation for being so slow. He decided to get some fast wheels to make up the difference. After shopping around a while, he decided that the Datson 240-Z was the car to get. So the snail goes to the nearest Datsun dealer and says he wants to buy the 240-Z, but he wants it repainted "240-S".

The dealer asks, "Why 'S'?"

The snail replies, "'S' stands for snail. I want everybody who sees me roaring past to know who's driving."

Well, the dealer doesn't want to lose the unique opportunity to sell a car to a snail, so he agrees to have the car repainted for a small fee.

The snail gets his new car and spent the rest of his days roaring happily down the highway at top speed. And whenever anyone would see him zooming by, they'd say "Wow! Look at that S-car go!"

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by Neak
There was once a snail who was sick and tired of his reputation for being so slow. He decided to get some fast wheels to make up the difference. After shopping around a while, he decided that the Datson 240-Z was the car to get. So the snail goes to the nearest Datsun dealer and says he wants to buy the 240-Z, but he wants it repainted "240-S".

The dealer asks, "Why 'S'?"

The snail replies, "'S' stands for snail. I want everybody who sees me roaring past to know who's driving."

Well, the dealer doesn't want to lose the unique opportunity to sell a car to a snail, so he agrees to have the car repainted for a small fee.

The snail gets his new car and spent the rest of his days roaring happily down the highway at top speed. And whenever anyone would see him zooming by, they'd say "Wow! Look at that S-car go!"

Okay, Markos had to explain that one to me ....

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
N
grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Garlic & butter

N
N
sick

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
[/quote]

{{{groooaaaaaan}}} doh2

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
N
N
Happy Birthday!!!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
I had to post here just so I could watch and see if almostdied comes back.....

This has been very enlighting to me...all WS must have a loose screw between reason and reality. Maybe that screw was loosened by the "voice of what she thought was God"...... Hummmmmm...... Adam and Eve comes to mind.

Me (BH): 42
Her (WS): 39
Married 19 yrs
DD: 16, DD: 11, DD: 7
D-Day: 7-5-2011, Caught searching 10-15-2012
C
C
Happy Birthday!!!!!

laugh

Thanks! My W is making it a beautifully relaxing day!

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
S
S
it's obvious that AH's "consideration" of suicide was an attempt at sheer manipulation as per SusieQ. in my job, i care for people all the time who express suicidal ideation and do not sense that AH was considering harming herself. she was obviously livid at being exposed and was seeking to clothe herself in righteousness.

belated Happy Birthday CV! my birthday was on the 22nd as well. this year i decided to give my kids gifts instead. sure as heck the WW wasn't going to be celebrating it. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation