Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
H and I are baking apple and pumpkin pies today. My mom showed my how to make the pastry crust when I was little - no measurements. H's favorite food in the whole world is pumpkin pie. I bake it three times a year - his birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We have close to 5 inches of snow and it is still coming down.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
N
N
H's favorite food in the whole world is pumpkin pie. I bake it three times a year - his birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

dontknow Need I ask the obvious question?

P
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
H's favorite food in the whole world is pumpkin pie. I bake it three times a year - his birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

dontknow Need I ask the obvious question?

And what question would that be? skeptical

We're doing Thanksgiving at my youngest son's new home and I don't have to cook the turkey! Yay!! I'm bringing Deviled Eggs, Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry Sauce and Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes. Can't wait!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
When I was a boy, our traditional Thanksgiving meal meant going to the cafeteria! Always enjoyed it, and nobody had to make anything. smile And there was no cleanup!!! I could have turkey if I wanted -- or ham, fish, chicken fried steak, chicken and dumplings ...

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
Originally Posted by Prisca
I'll be taking a pecanless pie for my other brother-in-law who can't eat pecans
My mind is boggling, Prisca, at the thought of a pie without any ingredients. How do you make a pecanless pie? Just the crust? grin

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
E
E
Traditional roasted turkey tomorrow at the family get together. When I return home on Saturday, I'll deep fry a couple of birds to have as snacks for the next month.

M
OP Offline
M
My mind is boggling, Prisca, at the thought of a pie without any ingredients. How do you make a pecanless pie? Just the crust?
MY mind is boggling over how she's going to top the smorgasbord markos had when he was growing up! laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
Originally Posted by markos
When I was a boy, our traditional Thanksgiving meal meant going to the cafeteria! Always enjoyed it, and nobody had to make anything. smile And there was no cleanup!!! I could have turkey if I wanted -- or ham, fish, chicken fried steak, chicken and dumplings ...

That sounds like Luby's. We order our giblet gravy and dressing every year from Luby's. It's insane how quickly they sell out and you have to get there before God even gets up to get it!

Luby's and the Cowboys. Two traditions we always keep on Thanksgiving.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
In those days Luby's had competition from other cafeterias as well. I have Thanksgiving memories from all three of what used to be the big chains here, including Luby's.

Watching cafeterias die out the last few years has been pretty emotional for me. Last time we ate at one was the night Prisca went into labor with our twins, if I remember right. That cafeteria is closed now.

Shoot, and many of the people I used to eat there with have passed away.

Stop, you're making me sad! smile

I guess I can't complain about these places dying out if I don't eat there any more.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
My mind is boggling, Prisca, at the thought of a pie without any ingredients. How do you make a pecanless pie? Just the crust?
MY mind is boggling over how she's going to top the smorgasbord markos had when he was growing up! laugh

I didn't eat it all at one meal, silly! smile

M
M

She's melting a stick and a half of butter to make me a pecan pie right now, actually.

loveheart loveheart loveheart

M
M
Wait, she seems to be tasting that butter herself. I'm not sure she's gonna share!

T
T
I still remember the Thanksgivings when I was a kid in WI - sometimes a light snowfall early on Thanksgiving morning, but ALWAYS the Packers/Lions football game before the dinner, . Back in the late 50's and early 60's that was the only game played. I clearly remember Thanksgiving 1962, the 10 - 0 Packers were defeated by Detroit, and except for my mom, we were all terriby depressed! And guess what, talk about karma, Green Bay is 10 - 0 this year and play the Lions tomorrow! This year the meal tradition sort of ends tho - unfortunately Char will not be here and this is our first Thanksviving since 1969 not together. My son and his girlfriend will be here and he wanted the salmon loaf that I sometimes make. So, am up now doing some dicing and preparation. There will be stuffing and gravy to go with the salmon loaf tho - a simpler variety - Stove Top out of the box, but am going to add diced sausage, mushrooms, onion, celery, etc. and bake in the oven for abit after cooking on the stove. There will be cranberry sauce, green beans and walnuts, and pumpkin pie and ice cream tho.

The last few years on Christmas eve I've made shrimp scampi with roasted asparagus, and that has become a tradition here now. This kind of began back around Christmas 1974 when Char and I were on a camping trip to Disney World, ended up in Macon, GA on the way there on the second night out, and just happened on a restaurant that was still open late on Christmas Eve, and we had the best shrimp scampi dinners ever.

Tom

N
N
Tom, are you still a [Linked Image from boutiquewe.com] fan? If so, good for you!

Would you do me a favor, and post the recipe for your salmon loaf to the "What's For Dinner" thread? I'd like to try it, all the more knowing it came from you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family.

M
OP Offline
M
I didn't eat it all at one meal, silly!
You mean it was a cafeteria and you didn't have a little bit of everything? I don't think I could have resisted!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
I didn't eat it all at one meal, silly!
You mean it was a cafeteria and you didn't have a little bit of everything? I don't think I could have resisted!

Not when you pay for each entree!

faint

P
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by Prisca
I'll be taking a pecanless pie for my other brother-in-law who can't eat pecans
My mind is boggling, Prisca, at the thought of a pie without any ingredients. How do you make a pecanless pie? Just the crust? grin

I haven't actually made it yet, but we'll see how it tastes:
Faux Pecan Pie

Last edited by Prisca; 11/24/11 11:44 AM.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P

No smorgasbord beats my pecan pie wink You should've seen him melt at the first bite!

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 82 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation