Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 64 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 63 64
A
A
In Germany, we ate some really good road kill wild boar. The police offered our landlord this really big boar that totalled the car that hit it.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
K
K
I decided to take over the cooking for this years Christmas.

I'm slow cooking a brisket (250 degrees for about 9 hours)
...using worchestire, garlic (that I will mince), and red onion. Rub the brisket down wtih the minced garlic, place on foil that's in a baking tray then pour on a few cups of worchestire, layer red onions (usually takes about three) on top and wrap up.

I also just finished putting together for tomorrow:
Cucumber, onion, tomato, and vinegar salad
Fruit salad mixed with pineapple, brae burn apple, banana, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and honey
Green salad of romaine, spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, and green olives.
I have sweet potatoes baking in the oven right now so I can make mashed sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow I�ll throw in baked potatoes.

I took over the cooking. Otherwise, those silly women would want to cook turkey and ham. And I�m still burnt out on turkey. And, really, my dad always makes an excellent brisket. So this is my chance to show off and make him proud of my brisket cooking skills that he taught me.

What�s nice about the brisket is after you�re done cooking it, you have all those juices that melded together that creates a really nice sauce. Fantastic!

My wife has been pretty stressed out about this Christmas due to a career situation she is dealing with. So I've done pretty much all the shopping, have and will do all the cooking, and have been playing upbeat Christmas music while sauntering around the house, being silly, and keeping everyone in good spirits. I've had a blast. And it's help cure some of that boredome from having a 3.5 week paid vacation.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
...using worchestire, garlic (that I will mince), and red onion. Rub the brisket down wtih the minced garlic, place on foil that's in a baking tray then pour on a few cups of worchestire, layer red onions (usually takes about three) on top and wrap up.

Now this is REAL FOOD, people! You foreigners and yankee devils should pay close attention! dance2

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Here are some make-it-yourself very low calorie dressings. Let me assure that these are worth making rather than using the store bought junk.

GINGER VINAIGRETTE Ingredients:
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon macadamia oil

Directions:
Place of the all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth

SUN-DRIED TOMATO VINAIGRETTE Ingredients:
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced

Directions:

BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE Ingredients:
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch black pepper

Directions:

CITRUS VINAIGRETTE Use this vinaigrette on
green salads with Asian flavors, or brush it on fish before grilling.
Ingredients:
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 1 grapefruit
1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
Directions:

APPLE SPINACH SALAD DRESSING This makeover recipe is ideal for spinach. It's also a great way to dress up chicken salad or coleslaw. Ingredients:
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoons macadamia oil
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Fresh spinach leaves (small handful)
Salt and pepper

Directions:

RANCH DRESSING Ingredients:
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
garlic clove, minced
Pinch salt and pepper

Directions:

INFERNO DRESSING Ingredients:
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons hot sauce or chili paste
1 teaspoon horseradish
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Clove garlic
Pinch red pepper flakes
Pinch cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper

Directions:

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M

A FAVORITE family recipe called "Indigestion Salad." Most delicious!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Since it is Christmas, I will share my Texas Road Kill Chili recipe with you carpetbaggers:

Fuzzy's Fantastic South Texas Road Meat Chili [has won chili cookoffs]
Forrest Goodhue [Fuzzy]

Yield: 12 Servings

3 md bell peppers, chopped
3 md onions, chopped
2 fresh jalapenos, deveined &
1 seeded
4 garlic cloves
4 lb chuck, coarsely ground
5 lb venison, coarsely ground
3oz Gephardts chile powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
6 drops tabasco
7 oz green chiles, diced
28 oz stewed tomatoes
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 can beer
water
salt and pepper, To Taste

Chop vegetables. Heat oil in a well-seasoned iron pot. Sizzle the vegetables in the oil a little, then add meat and brown.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, and cover with about one inch of water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let it bubble slowly three to four hours. Skim the grease after it's cooked two hours and taste again to adjust the seasoning.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
...South Texas Road Meat Chili...

Armadillo? Snake? Coyote? Oppossum? A m�lange of all of them? Will you tell us? Do we really want to know?

Whoever knows what we will peel off our tires down here! It is always a surprise! grin

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Now this is REAL FOOD, people! You foreigners and yankee devils should pay close attention! dance2
Hahahaha! Thanks, Mel! Christmas has to have some beef. Brisket, prime rib, steak, roast beef.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K

A FAVORITE family recipe called "Indigestion Salad." Most delicious!

Absolutely! And the women wanted to do mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean salad, ham and turkey. Sheesh. Dang wimminz

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
Nice chili recipe! I'm gonna put that on the to do list on Tuesday.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
Nice chili recipe! I'm gonna put that on the to do list on Tuesday.

It is FABULOUS!! I am simmering a big pot right now. The smell of simmering "road kill" wink fills my house....

Exposure 101

M
M
My wife has been pretty stressed out about this Christmas due to a career situation she is dealing with. So I've done pretty much all the shopping, have and will do all the cooking, and have been playing upbeat Christmas music while sauntering around the house, being silly, and keeping everyone in good spirits. I've had a blast. And it's help cure some of that boredome from having a 3.5 week paid vacation.

Sorry to hear about your wife. I sure hope she can resolve it. frown From my perspective, it is a quality of life issue. A stressful job affects all other areas of one's life. My DH and I had this very discussion yesterday. He is expecting a job offer next month and the top issue was "can I be happy in this position or not?" The job is in Oklahoma, btw!

Exposure 101

M
M
Since it is Christmas, I will share my Texas Road Kill Chili recipe with you carpetbaggers:
Now THAT is a fine-sounding chili, Mel. You don't mind if I switch out the venison for a little ground turkey, do you? whistle

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Now THAT is a fine-sounding chili, Mel. You don't mind if I switch out the venison for a little ground turkey, do you? whistle

TURKEY?? TURKEY?? faint

Exposure 101

M
M
Listen here, you yankees and foreigners! You do not have permission to do any yankee foolishness to Fuzzy Goodhue's Texas chili! If you are going to make it then stick to PROPER chili meat. I guess we have to spell this out for you silly people. TEEF

the only allowable meat for Texas chili is:

beef
venison
possum
alligator
rattlesnake
COUGAR

THAT'S IT PEOPLE!! And no, you don't put BEANS in it, either!! This is not Franco American canned chili. Go large or go home!!

Last edited by MelodyLane; 12/24/11 06:03 PM. Reason: adding cougar

Exposure 101

C
C
CPs famous across the land honey glazed ham

S
S

beef
venison
possum
alligator
rattlesnake

THAT'S IT PEOPLE!!
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Wait - you were joking, weren't you?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane

beef
venison
possum
alligator
rattlesnake

THAT'S IT PEOPLE!!
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Wait - you were joking, weren't you?

sigh

Exposure 101

M
M
PERHAPS even SQUIRREL if you have written permission from Fuzzy. But that's it, people!! grumble

Exposure 101

N
N
THAT'S IT PEOPLE!! And no, you don't put BEANS in it, either!!

And I was gonna remind you---- you forgot the beans!! frown

Guess not,,huh??? grin

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
Page 13 of 64 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation