Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
ladyrwb Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I desperatly need your opinion in this matter. There are major trust issues in our marriage that I will hold on till later. The present problem is that my husband purchased tickets for A football game out of town for him and his son for his son's birthday. He asked me to go , but knowing that money was tight and christmas was one the way and also that he does not get to spend too much time with his son I declined thinking this would be guy time. One week before the game his ex posted on facebook that her and her and also their daughter would be attending the same game. Her employer buys tickets once yearly. My husband did not imform me of this stating he knew i would be upset and he was gonna try to keep me from knowing that they were going as his daughter had told him weeks before. When confronted he told me that he had told his daughter that he did not want to know where they were sitting and he did not want ot spend any time with them at this game, he also told me he told his son that he was to be at this game with him and he could see his mother when he was home. y husband then calls me on his way to this game and tells me that his son wants to see his mother and siser and that they are gonna go by where they are tailgating. Of course I was upset as he had told me differently and I believed that he was true to his word. In my opinion he was hiding the truth that they were gonna be there and then told me that he was gonna stay away from where they were and then calls me to tell me differently telling me what was he surpose to do when his son wanted to see his mom even though he sees his mom almost every weekend and he sees his dad once every 2 to 3 months and this was something his dad had planned for them.We had recently done the love buster questionaire and my thing was honesty and he was truly to me dishonest. He stated telling me I was b eing petty. To me this was hiding somehting. I feel I have a right to be upset. He thinks I don't. There is lots more I can add here but this this the basic and your opinion is greatly appreciated and alot is riding on your answers. Thanks in advance.. To me he tried to hide that they were gonna be there and then tied to override what he told me he was gonna do once at the game....There is no and I mean no trut left for me. This was the last straw as there is much more that occured before this incident.

M
M
This was the last straw as there is much more that occured before this incident.
I can see where you are questioning your H's openness & honesty with you, since he's admitted that he withheld information from you that you had a right to know. But I am curious as to what else has happened. Can you give us a brief background on that?

Also, could you please break your posts up into paragraphs? It's difficult for the other posters to read when it's one continuous paragraph.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
I'm confused on a couple things.
The ex is his exwife or exgirlfriend? You referred to her as his sons mom. And the son's sister is your husbands daughter or no? Is there some stipulation where he isn't supposed to be around the mother of his son?

I'm just trying to picture this because I have an exwife and we have kids together and occassionaly we end up in teh same places (such as school holiday plays or games).

I do realize the key issue here is he shouldn't be holding information from you. He most definately should have let you know as soon as he knew. I'm just trying to get a bigger picture.

It sounds like you tww are not using the Marriage Builders program?

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

L
ladyrwb Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sorry that I was ranting uncontrollable.
This is not the first time that I have come across things that are a little from the truth. Or maybe alot. He feels that little white lies to save ones feelings is justified, to me it is nothing more than a lie.

L
ladyrwb Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Just a varificatihIS EXCUSE WAS THAT i HAD STTE on. this is his ex-wife and his ex attended this game with his daughter and he atteited this out of town game with his youngest son. The issue s honesty.
N as recedntly as last year he cleaned out a savings accouht t nEEDLESS TO SAY THE ACCOUNT IS EMPTY AND THE MARRIAGE IS NULL AND VOID AS ANYONE WOULD OF TOLD YOU WOULD BE THE END RESU LT.hat was in both our names for His daughters wedding and did not inform me and this accoujt had money that was given to us as wededing presents.

L
ladyrwb Offline OP
OP Offline
L
tHE END RESULTS IS HOW DO YOU CONTINUE A RELAIONSHIPS THAT IS CONSTANLY LIES AND UNTRUTHS,,,,

IF YOU TRULY LOVE SOMEONE YOU ARE HONEST AND UPFRONT....CLOSE AND TRUTH.....
WITHOUT IT THERE IS NOTHING...

M
M
Originally Posted by ladyrwb
Just a varificatihIS EXCUSE WAS THAT i HAD STTE on. this is his ex-wife and his ex attended this game with his daughter and he atteited this out of town game with his youngest son. The issue s honesty.
N as recedntly as last year he cleaned out a savings accouht t nEEDLESS TO SAY THE ACCOUNT IS EMPTY AND THE MARRIAGE IS NULL AND VOID AS ANYONE WOULD OF TOLD YOU WOULD BE THE END RESU LT.hat was in both our names for His daughters wedding and did not inform me and this accoujt had money that was given to us as wededing presents.
ladyrwb, are you drinking or drugging? This post is complete nonsense.

D-Day 2-10-2009

L
ladyrwb Offline OP
OP Offline
L
sO VERY MUCH HAS HAPPENED. tHE LATEST IS WE HAD A SAVINGS ACCOUT THAT WE PUT OUR WEDDING PRESENT INTO AMD WAS ADDING TO WEEKLY. wHEN I FOUND OUT THAT HE PURCHESED TICKETS TO TEXAS TO SEE HIS SN WITHOUT INFOFMING ME i WAS LVID AND REFUSED TO CONTRIBITE ANYMORE. tHEREFORE HE DECIDEDED THAT THIS WAS CUE TO DO WHAT HE WANTED WITH THE BALANCE NOT CONSIDERING THAT TIS WAS IN BOTH OUR NAMES. HE WITHDREW THE BALANCE TO APY FOR A WEDEDING FOR HIS DAUGHTER WIHOUT ASKING AS HE KNEW I WOULOD DISAPROVE....NOW NO SAVINGS NO MARRIAGE FOR DAUGHTER )( AND NO TRUSTI

V
V
Here's the original thread - looks like some of this was covered in October -

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=164711&Number=2548997#Post2548997

Just an FYI for y'all.

G'night!

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
L
ladyrwb Offline OP
OP Offline
L
oH MY GOSH...i SO NEED YOU GUYS IMPUT....I FEEL SO LOST AND ABOUDONED...

M
M
Originally Posted by HopefulNC
Here's the original thread - looks like some of this was covered in October -

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=164711&Number=2548997#Post2548997

Just an FYI for y'all.

G'night!
Thanks, Hopeful, but I know what she's talking about - it's the typing style that I'm concerned about right now. Lady, are you okay?

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Ladyrwb, how are things going? I am concerned about you. Please post an update.

D-Day 2-10-2009

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation