Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NB28 #2582336 01/07/12 06:09 PM
T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Exposure is done. She returns home on Tuesday, and that'll be when the fun begins.

We started into counseling before she left and so we'll pick up there. Our PhD said she wanted to have a session alone with WW so that's what's next.

Me??? Im takin care of me and my boys and be the happiest, cheeriest man she's seen in a long time. I gotta keep tellin myself that.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

tla09 #2582385 01/07/12 08:57 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by tla09
Exposure is done. She returns home on Tuesday, and that'll be when the fun begins.

We started into counseling before she left and so we'll pick up there. Our PhD said she wanted to have a session alone with WW so that's what's next.

Me??? Im takin care of me and my boys and be the happiest, cheeriest man she's seen in a long time. I gotta keep tellin myself that.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Good for you.

Do you know whether or not she has been able to contact or see the OM? Has her parents been watching her like a hawk?

T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well......I havnt heard anything from WW since she sent me a text telling me thanks for the bday flowers.

WW brother now says what she did was wrong and doesn't really want to get involved any further.

I asked him to have WW father call me, which he said he would call and talk to me today, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen.

I gotta think WW would not be seeing OM after exposure, but her parents seem to not hold her accountable, always just saying she's a free spirit.

Then silence is killing me and my mind is racing, wondering if she'll convince them that I'm the bad guy.

tla09 #2582728 01/08/12 09:43 PM
K
K
You called and told them the truth and all that you know, right?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
WW is coming home tomorrow and the anxiety is a little overwhelming.

WW sister told her mother that people get divorced everyday!? Also echoing WW statements about she just doesn't love me anymore. Can you all just reaffirm to me this is fog babble.

Any and all words of wisdom would be more than appreciated!!

tla09 #2583098 01/09/12 07:01 PM
O
O
Do the 180! Read it again tonight before you go to bed, and in the morning if you have to pick her up from the airport. If she comes down on you. Simply say,

"you were more then happy to freely go and see this guy, to obviously have sex while visiting your parents. So what does it matter if the whole world knows? In other words, if there is nothing to be ashamed of, why be ashamed? You said this is our business, yet you lie and deceive me continually. How can it be my business with you doing that? So apparently, I have no right to try and stop you from skrewing other men, and I have no right to expose your adulterous affair because "Its our business". I get to sit and play the cuckold while you are bouncing around on the POSOM's crank.

Last edited by ouchthathurt; 01/09/12 07:02 PM.
T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Could you please direct me to the 180!

Maybe this answer is in there but do I sleep in the same bed during planA?

tla09 #2583124 01/09/12 07:58 PM
M
M
tla, I would not do the 180. That is NOT a MB plan. Stick to Plan A. Sleep in your bed. Re-read the carrot and the stick. Do you have that?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I don't believe I do.....if you could provide that I would be very grateful!

And a personal thank you to you Melody.....you have held my hand thru this and helped more than you could know!

tla09 #2583133 01/09/12 08:18 PM
M
M

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

tla09 #2583251 01/10/12 09:04 AM
O
O
**edit**

Last edited by Fireproof; 01/10/12 08:38 PM. Reason: TOS please familiarize yourself with Marriage Builders concepts before disrupting this thread any further!
T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Wow.......WW gonna be home in 3 hours. So any other perspectives? I'm inclined to lay low and see where this goes for a month or two before plan B is put into place.

I gotta few friends in az that want to fly me down to help me get my head straight......was good enuf for her eh? My boss has already suggested short term disability for a few weeks, then go to B. Goin to see my attorney to get some additional advice.

Hoping for the best, planning for the worst.

tla09 #2583606 01/10/12 07:46 PM
V
V
Sounds to me like you have one heckuva support system going for you, at least as far as friends and work are concerned. Not many get that...especially the short term disability part.

The only advice I'm going to offer is to NOT apologize for exposing her adultery. She's still gonna be mad at you for blowing up her fantasy and plans, but a few days have passed since, so I'm sure she's come down some.

Be strong and confident, not weak and needy. All that will do is undermine all you have accomplished with action and exposure, and that's take control of the situation. Don't give her that control back. Be the man strongly and proudly fighting for her, and if she does blow, say; "I'm doing everything I can to protect and save my marriage." Be a broken record.

Hang in there. Thinking of you and praying for better days for you.

You'll get better advice soon from the vets that actually know what they are doing.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

tla09 #2583608 01/10/12 07:55 PM
V
V
Curious though, you mention jumping to plan B so quickly. Just how much of plan A have you implemented, if any at all (besides exposure of course)? Are you looking to save and rebuild your marriage or are you ready to get out? No problem if you're done, that's your right.

If you're looking to rebuild, then I think you may want to reconsider the timing of your plan B and heading to Arizona.

Last edited by TigerWes; 01/10/12 07:58 PM.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Viper #2583623 01/10/12 08:35 PM
T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I do want to rebuild without question. I've read that if the BS is male.....6 months is the timeframe. I don't have any issues with giving it that long.

Would it be wrong or detrimental to take a trip to see friends. Giver her some time alone at home with the kids, do laundry and essentially be a mom. Perhaps helping her come to the realization that our home is a wonderful, warm place to be?

tla09 #2583627 01/10/12 08:41 PM
M
M
tla, now would be a terrible time to leave town!! You can't work on your marriage if you are not there. So stay there and continue to raise holy HELL in the affair!

If she contacts OM in your home, politely ask her, in front of the kids to take her affair conversation out of your home. Just keep the pressure up and do a great Plan A.

Exposure 101

M
M
Also, did you expose the affair to the OM's parents?

Exposure 101

tla09 #2583635 01/10/12 08:53 PM
V
V
Perhaps helping her come to the realization that our home is a wonderful, warm place to be?

My question for this would be:

How can you DEMONSTRATE to her that her home is a wonderful, warm place to be (her soft cushion to land when she crashes, and she will) if you're not there for HER???

Now is not the time to abandon her, but to create the environment that you are describing. My friend, you can't do that in Arizona.

You need to watch the movie Fireproof. That is Plan A exemplified.

Fireproof

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Viper #2583645 01/10/12 09:18 PM
T
tla09 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The trip wouldnt be for another month or so......but I think you're right, my gut tells me to stay put and be here mostly for my boys, but also to show her the new man I'm becoming.

I did expose to OP brother. I told him I planned next to notify his parents, and he said his father was deceased. I kinda stopped there, not really knowing how to address the exposure to an elderly woman who just lost her husband.

I've heard of fireproof.....is that something WW and I could watch together or will she, in her fog, hate something like that?

tla09 #2583661 01/10/12 09:56 PM
V
V
If you have time right now before she gets home, watch it now. If you can learn something from this, then you can introduce it to her later. WAY later.

Okay, screw the above comment..get the house rightous, neat, and have something ready for her to eat.

Seriously though...plan A her [censored] off tonight, but don't be a wimp or a wuss about it. Maintain the control that YOU have snatched away from her. Be James Bond cool. Believe me, she's going to do everything in her power to make you back down, back off, and give in to her demands and fantasy.

DO NOT DO IT!!!!!

And don't expect anything in return right now. That comes in time. Right now she "hates" you...but not really. Right now you're making an emotional investment on the hope of returns on your investment in the future.

Be the duck...calm on the surface but paddling like hell underneath.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 439 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation