Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
S
Did you read your old thread?

Here it is:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2590030&page=all

One of the things you were told to do (besides not hide anything else from your BH) was to write the OM a NC letter. Have you done so?

PS ~ I am not encouraged by the fact that you lost your login information and started a new thread. I hope that you will stick to one thread and keep reading and posting...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by verydeceptivegir
Originally Posted by Scotland
VDG, whichever way this marriages goes, you will need to fix YOURSELF.

You need to show through ACTIONS that you have changed.

I am glad that you talked to OMW, because frankly, I would have told you that you needed to hear about it.

Have you considered telling your children? Your parents? Brick's parents? Both of your families? Mutual friends? I would like you to do this WITH your BH.

I leave this with my husband. At this point in my life, I really don't want to talk to anyone but to my husband and my kids. I don't have a good relationship with my some of my family and my Mom.

YES take the polygraph. You need to PROVE that you aren't lying anymore. It is quite normal for a WS to trickle truth their BSs, that is a BAD BAD BAD idea, so if there is ANYTHING that your BH should know, tell him NOW. Even if that means he will divorce you. Living a marriage in a lie would be worse for him than a divorce would be for you.

As soon as they email me, I will have one done. Thank you, everyone!

You ignored this part of Scotland's post:

Have you considered telling your children? Your parents? Brick's parents? Both of your families? Mutual friends?

Can you answer the question?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Here are some clips of what Dr Harley says regarding exposing an affair, not only will help Bricks get the support he most likely needs but it will help to protect your M from the affair rekindling:

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
What about exposure of an affair that took place years earlier and is now ended but recently revealed? I feel that the children, close relatives, close friends, and the lover�s spouse should be informed. Granted, it�s embarrassing to admit an affair, but publicly admitting failure is usually the first step toward redemption.

and

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
In my experience with thousands of couples who struggle with the fallout of infidelity, exposure has been the single most important first step toward recovery. It not only helps end the affair, but it also provides support to the betrayed spouse, giving him or her stamina to hold out for ultimate recovery.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by weld
Time heals nothing but the truth will. You should answer any question that your husband ask truthfully no matter how bad it hurts or how it makes you look. If you want to save your marriage the time has come to stop playing games.

I have been answering his questions actually.

ME: WW
BRICKS: BH
M
OP Offline
M
[/quote]

Promise him choices. Options. Tell him you will be there for him, even if it is only for him to push you away.

He wouldnt be this cut up if he did not love you.

Be worthy of that love. [/quote]

I have given him some choices but it's hard to do that when I don't really know where to put myself. I want to hug him and just be there for him but I don't know if he wants me to do that. I ask everytime I do this. I feel like I should move out of the house so I don't cloud his decisions. I am not worth of anything right now. I really don't know what to do.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
DG, you are currently your husband's worst enemy. You have done to him something that will be very, very difficult for him to recover from. He trusted you over everyone, and you betrayed that trust. He doesn't even know who you are right now. You have much work ahead of you. And you are going to hear some things from us that you might not like to hear. If you are serious about saving your marriage, you will listen to what we say and will do what we advise.

I know I am his worst enemy. I know that what I did was very very wrong and I know that I betrayed him. Do you think I have to stay in the house? Or it's better for me to go? I am here and that alone is huge. My husband has been in this forum for probably 10 years. I don't like discussion forums because for me, being with my family and spending time with them will help me and us a great deal to fix what needs to be fixed. But I am here because this is important for him.

Having said that: Your first paragraph is filled with self-serving justifications for why it wasn't 'convenient' for you to be straight up with us. We see that - we don't buy your excuses. We also understand that - you are wayward. Our goal is to pull you out of that wayward state. Thank you for giving us your reasons for why you posted the way you did. When the two of you are recovered (you'll learn that I'm an optimist) you'll re-read this thread and be appalled at how wayward you were.

I know all of you don't buy my excuses and I respect all of you for that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I am a wayward and I cheated on my husband, everytime I look at him, I am reminded of this. Everything that I do or think or see is reminding me of a how stupid I am.

Okay, let's look at why you lied to your husband.
BECAUSE YOU COULD LOSE EVERYTHING IF YOU TOLD THE TRUTH. You understand how selfish that is, right? Let's break down your post:

I am selfish and I know that this is not about me.

1. My husband told me that if I ever had any physical contact with the OM ever, he will divorce me.
Or he may choose to remain with you. I'll tell you why: my H and I always agreed that infidelity would be our deal-breaker. If one of us were to commit adultery against the other, it would be over. Well, the worst thing happened - he committed adultery against me. That was three years ago. We're totally recovered, and I'm here helping people like you and Bricks. There is hope. But it's up to Bricks, now, to decide if he will choose the path of recovery like I, and others on this site, chose.

Yes, it's up to my husband. I respect his decisions whatever it may be.
2. I love my kids so much that I was really afraid that my husband will take them away from me. I know all of you will say, I should have not gone out and sleep with another woman's husband if I never wanted this to happen in the first place.
Discussing the future location of your children, and whether or not you will have access to them, is another self-serving comment on your part. Bless your husband right now, for the fact that he is allowing you to have ANY access to your children. You are currently a toxic element in their lives. You are a clear and present danger to everything that is loving and stable about their lives.

Yes, I cheated but that doesn't make me a bad mother to my kids. I will offer everything to them if I can. I never had a family that I can call my own. I am trying my best to be a good Mom to them everyday because I did not experience any of this. My Mom left me in the care of my aunt and she later move me to another aunt. I did not know who my real Dad until I was 21. So please before you judge me on how good of a mother I am or I how I am a danger to my kids, please don't be too harsh on me because you don't know. Just because your husband did what he did, you are in no position to judge me. I am sorry but it's hard to do everything that I can do to fix our marriage when you are being judged all the time.
3. I cannot anymore continue to hug him back when he hugs me let alone look at him in the eye.
Because you know that you are unworthy. You can earn that worthiness back. That's up to Bricks. He'll have to allow you to do that.

I know I am unworthy and it's up to my husband.
4. The thought of the polygraph scares me.
That should scare you ONLY if you are continuing to lie. You need to spill your guts RIGHT NOW, DG. Get everything out. Bleed that toxic crap out completely. Then you won't be afraid anymore. Living in deceit is a fearful thing. And it is poisonous to a marriage. If there is more that you need to disclose to Bricks, tell him that. If he can bear to hear it, TELL HIM. EVERYTHING. NOW.

My H trickle-truthed me about his affair, exactly how you have done to Bricks. It eventually all came out, just like yours has to. Yes, it was horrible. Yes, I was sick from it. But I could handle knowing the truth - it was the not knowing that I couldn't handle.

If you are serious you will do the polygraph ASAP. You will disclose EVERYTHING to Bricks. You will do whatever it takes to save your marriage. You will have to work harder than you have ever worked for anything in your life to accomplish recovery. You will have to be honest TO A FAULT.

If you are willing to do this, and Bricks is willing to recover his marriage with you, there is hope.

M
OP Offline
M
Bricks has not posted recently, and we are concerned about him. Please tell him that we are very concerned about him and would like him to check in, okay?

He is okay, that's what he tells me. Thank you for thinking of him. I am sure he checks in here. He might not respond to to all of you but I am very sure he reads all of them.

M
OP Offline
M
NOPE. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Do NOT wait for a return email. That takes the control of your recovery out of your hands. Are you serious about recovery, or not?

Call the Sheriff's Department or Police Department in your city and tell them you need the name of a polygrapher. Don't wait for someone to 'get back to you'. cool

Okay I will do that today. I am at work but I will do this today.

M
OP Offline
M
[/quote]

Have you told your BH the ENTIRE truth about what happened with OM? Are you hiding anything else? [/quote]

As far as I am aware, I told him the entire truth. He doesn't really want to talk about him. Right now, I am waiting for him if he has any questions because I am very willing to answer all of them.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Did you read your old thread?

Here it is:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2590030&page=all

One of the things you were told to do (besides not hide anything else from your BH) was to write the OM a NC letter. Have you done so?

PS ~ I am not encouraged by the fact that you lost your login information and started a new thread. I hope that you will stick to one thread and keep reading and posting...

No, I did not. But I will.

We did the NC letter a few days ago.

Sorry that you are not encouraged that I lost my login info. I know my username but I am not good at passwords and these goes with our credit card infos, water bill, what the last paragraph I've read and so on. This will be my thread and I will keep reading and posting.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by Scotland
VDG, whichever way this marriages goes, you will need to fix YOURSELF.

You need to show through ACTIONS that you have changed.

I am glad that you talked to OMW, because frankly, I would have told you that you needed to hear about it.

Have you considered telling your children? Your parents? Brick's parents? Both of your families? Mutual friends? I would like you to do this WITH your BH.

I leave this with my husband. At this point in my life, I really don't want to talk to anyone but to my husband and my kids. I don't have a good relationship with my some of my family and my Mom.

YES take the polygraph. You need to PROVE that you aren't lying anymore. It is quite normal for a WS to trickle truth their BSs, that is a BAD BAD BAD idea, so if there is ANYTHING that your BH should know, tell him NOW. Even if that means he will divorce you. Living a marriage in a lie would be worse for him than a divorce would be for you.

You ignored this part of Scotland's post:

Have you considered telling your children? Your parents? Brick's parents? Both of your families? Mutual friends?

Can you answer the question?

I actually answered this but just didn't know how to quote so my answer to his question is in this quote that you quoted and I have replied to this again in my post.

M
OP Offline
M
[/quote]

I actually answered this but just didn't know how to quote so my answer to his question is in this quote that you quoted and I have replied to this again in my post. [/quote]

And this is my answer if you didn't see it.

M
M
Do you think I have to stay in the house? Or it's better for me to go? I am here and that alone is huge. My husband has been in this forum for probably 10 years.
That's up to your husband. If he were posting I would suggest that he ask you to remain in the house until he is sure about what he wants to do, recovery-wise.

He's been coming to this website for about 10 years? Is that correct?
Yes, I cheated but that doesn't make me a bad mother to my kids. I will offer everything to them if I can. I never had a family that I can call my own. I am trying my best to be a good Mom to them everyday because I did not experience any of this. My Mom left me in the care of my aunt and she later move me to another aunt. I did not know who my real Dad until I was 21. So please before you judge me on how good of a mother I am or I how I am a danger to my kids, please don't be too harsh on me because you don't know. Just because your husband did what he did, you are in no position to judge me.
This is all immaterial. Your childhood has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I mentioned my husband's infidelity so that you know where I'm coming from. I am a survivor of infidelity, which puts me, and the other survivors here, in a unique position to advise you. It's important that you know that.

You may be Mother of the Year in many ways, but the act of giving yourself and your emotions to a man who is not their father is not the loving act of a mother. You were a poor parent during the affair because of this. You have threatened their home and every bit of stability that they know. They trusted you to keep their home safe and you ran off and screwed another man. Do you see where these are the actions of a bad mother?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
That's up to your husband. If he were posting I would suggest that he ask you to remain in the house until he is sure about what he wants to do, recovery-wise.
He wants me to stay but I still want your opinion.

[quote]He's been coming to this website for about 10 years? Is that correct? [quote]

Yes, he's been coming here for quite some time. He said he's always been interested about the topics that people are posting.

Yes, I cheated but that doesn't make me a bad mother to my kids. I will offer everything to them if I can. I never had a family that I can call my own. I am trying my best to be a good Mom to them everyday because I did not experience any of this. My Mom left me in the care of my aunt and she later move me to another aunt. I did not know who my real Dad until I was 21. So please before you judge me on how good of a mother I am or I how I am a danger to my kids, please don't be too harsh on me because you don't know. Just because your husband did what he did, you are in no position to judge me.
This is all immaterial. Your childhood has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I mentioned my husband's infidelity so that you know where I'm coming from. I am a survivor of infidelity, which puts me, and the other survivors here, in a unique position to advise you. It's important that you know that.

You may be Mother of the Year in many ways, but the act of giving yourself and your emotions to a man who is not their father is not the loving act of a mother. You were a poor parent during the affair because of this. You have threatened their home and every bit of stability that they know. They trusted you to keep their home safe and you ran off and screwed another man. Do you see where these are the actions of a bad mother?

M
OP Offline
M
Yes, I was a bad mother when I cheated on my husband.

M
OP Offline
M
I am so stupid that I don't even know how to quote someone's post. So please all of you read my replies inside the quote.

S
S

It doesn't matter what your relationship is with these people, if they can provide the support your BH needs.

What about your children? Have they been told? How old are they?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
OP Offline
M
[/quote]

It doesn't matter what your relationship is with these people, if they can provide the support your BH needs.

What about your children? Have they been told? How old are they? [/quote]

My husband is not close to my family. I told him that he can tell anyone he wants. I leave this up to him. Our son is 11 and our daughter is 5. I asked him about this as well yesterday if he wants me to tell the kids, and he said No. I asked him for everything that I need to do in my life right now. He is deciding for me.

M
M
I am so stupid that I don't even know how to quote someone's post. So please all of you read my replies inside the quote.
Stop it. Instead of calling yourself names, learn how to quote. If you are having trouble with this, ask us. smile

Here's how I do it:

I hit reply. Then I click on the " that shows at the top of the reply box. That will bring up brackets in your reply box. Scroll down a little bit and you'll see the post you're quoting. Highlight what you want to quote, then right click on your computer to hit 'copy'. Paste the highlighted part into your reply box by putting your cursor between those two 'quote bracket' and right-click to paste it in.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
NOPE. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Do NOT wait for a return email. That takes the control of your recovery out of your hands. Are you serious about recovery, or not?

Call the Sheriff's Department or Police Department in your city and tell them you need the name of a polygrapher. Don't wait for someone to 'get back to you'. cool

I just called our police department in my city and the dispatcher said they don't handle this. I just also checked my email and they have not responded yet. Maybe it's the weekend?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 468 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation