Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 79 of 107 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 106 107
V
V
And I ask, how does this help THIS poster, today, right now? When a poster is in Plan A, he/she needs encouragement
I think a lot of us have been on board with encouraging him to fight the fight and Plan A his [censored] off..and he's done that admirably.
Have you read other people's threads who have gone into Plan B? There were times in their PLan A when things were hitting them, and they WANTED to enter Plan B, heck I had those same feelings, but it wasn't the right time to do it, for ME.
I wish I had a buck for all the threads I've read here. From Mortarman, Bob Pure, YOURS, etc. I've read them all and subscribe to the concepts. I truly do
TigerWes, when a Plan Ber gets out of the drama of the A, they start to look back at their Plan A. They start to doubt and question if it was good enough. I am NOT saying that GJM's wasn't good enough, because it definitely has been, but I KNOW that he will have doubts.
Of course he will have doubts! Hell, we all have doubts about every decision we make in life. I want him to make the right decisions too for his situation.

Look, G has been hammered with yet another revelation. And it's very painful. Right now my concern is for HIM! That's all. I didn't mean to turn this into a pissing contest about who's right or wrong, so I'll respectfully bow out.

Sorry for the t/j GJM. My sincerest apologies

S
S
TW, I'm sorry you took it as a "pissing contest" I took it as encouraging a poster to stick to HIS plans, and to teaching the MANY posters who are reading this thread now, and in the future, about what it means to stick to Plan A in the face of "revelations" and the emotions that follow. AS you well know(since you said you have read my thread) I have walked the walk.

I don't really believe it was much of a T/J either. It was educational, as all great MB debates are.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
V
V
Originally Posted by Scotland
TW, I'm sorry you took it as a "pissing contest" I took it as encouraging a poster to stick to HIS plans, and to teaching the MANY posters who are reading this thread now, and in the future, about what it means to stick to Plan A in the face of "revelations" and the emotions that follow. AS you well know(since you said you have read my thread) I have walked the walk.

I don't really believe it was much of a T/J either. It was educational, as all great MB debates are.
Meh, okay. My apologies for taking it the wrong way. I'm taking care of an Alzheimer's mother right now and having a not so great day myself. Again, I'm sorry.

You're right though; this board is about the the MB concepts and the collective intelligence and experiences of all that have been through this unfortunate crap to advise posters on a course of action through THEIR eyes and experiences. I'm giving through mine, and you're giving through yours...a true Plan B'er.

You have my respect Scotty, as does indie. You are 2 women to be admired, and I truly mean that.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Gunny...I'm going torepeat a little bit what others have said here. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Well, except you know that she has a different cell phone, used to communicate with ANYONE. Even an affair partner. So, let's assume that is what she is doing (same thing happened with my wife...I didnt handle it well. I smashed the phone!).

So, take inventory where you are at...

1. She has a new phone and thus can be contacting OM or other OMs. This is new info.

2. She lives on her own, and thus can contact the OM/OMs anytime she wants through other methods...including meeting in person. This you knew.

3. She has still been coming around, hanging out with you, doing things with you. This you knew.

4. You are in Plan A...doing the things in the plan. This you also knew.

5. She has expressed herself waivering at times lately. This you also knew.

Okay, so take stock of this above. Has anything REALLY changed from what you knew before finding out about this phone?

Nope!

What WILL change is if you take this hurt from this and change your Plan A approach. If you launch into her or even question her about it. Or change your demeanor around her. She may be on the edge of coming back (you dont know) and you may undermine it.

This is why folks keep telling you to work the plan. Because it works no matter what you know, how much intel you have...or what she is doing. If she is going or coming, it makes no difference. The plan is the same!

Think about this a second. She has this phone (and you dont know how long she has had it). And maybe she is missing you and wants to be around you and the kids. At the very least, she has allowed you to Plan A her and meet needs. Does the phone change anything in this? Not for her! She is still where she is...it is you that is upset and thinking a whole bunch of things you dont have evidence for.

So, as the folks here said...come vent here. But you stay on message! Gor just a little while longer.

Plan B is coming. Your rest is coming. Unlike most of the 6 months...the last little while, she has given you the ability to Plan A her. I think you need a little longer in doing that...put a few more coins in the love bank. Of course, that is only if you still have anything left in you. If not, then Plan B must happen immediately. But I dont think you are worn out yet.

So, finish Plan A. Shortly, we will help you plan out Plan B so you can launch it effectively. By the way, the cell phone you pay for gets cut off the first day of Plan B. In that way, you save YOUR money AND it forces her to use the new phone to do ALL of her communicating.

There will be many more upsetting things over this whole thing. Even if she comes back tomorrow, there will be things you find out that will make you wonder why you married her, and why you went after her now. It comes with the territory, I am afraid.

S, keep us uptodate. Vent here. Let us know your love bank level. And lets finish this. Personally, I think just a few days/weeks more and Plan B will be here. Not long now.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
TW,

You didn't t/j. I appreciate your concern.

Well she came for dinner. I didn't LB at all. We shared a laugh and she stayed for about 45 min.

Scotty, I am working on my PB letter. It will take some time to finish, but I want it to be as perfect as possible. That way when I give it to her, I will have done and said all I can say. I will post it for review when I'm done. At that time, I will need to ask someone here to be my IM if I can't find one nearby. Thanks.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Mortarman
Gunny...I'm going torepeat a little bit what others have said here. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Well, except you know that she has a different cell phone, used to communicate with ANYONE. Even an affair partner. So, let's assume that is what she is doing (same thing happened with my wife...I didnt handle it well. I smashed the phone!).

So, take inventory where you are at...

1. She has a new phone and thus can be contacting OM or other OMs. This is new info.

2. She lives on her own, and thus can contact the OM/OMs anytime she wants through other methods...including meeting in person. This you knew.

3. She has still been coming around, hanging out with you, doing things with you. This you knew.

4. You are in Plan A...doing the things in the plan. This you also knew.

5. She has expressed herself waivering at times lately. This you also knew.

Okay, so take stock of this above. Has anything REALLY changed from what you knew before finding out about this phone?

Nope!

What WILL change is if you take this hurt from this and change your Plan A approach. If you launch into her or even question her about it. Or change your demeanor around her. She may be on the edge of coming back (you dont know) and you may undermine it.

This is why folks keep telling you to work the plan. Because it works no matter what you know, how much intel you have...or what she is doing. If she is going or coming, it makes no difference. The plan is the same!

Think about this a second. She has this phone (and you dont know how long she has had it). And maybe she is missing you and wants to be around you and the kids. At the very least, she has allowed you to Plan A her and meet needs. Does the phone change anything in this? Not for her! She is still where she is...it is you that is upset and thinking a whole bunch of things you dont have evidence for.

So, as the folks here said...come vent here. But you stay on message! Gor just a little while longer.

Plan B is coming. Your rest is coming. Unlike most of the 6 months...the last little while, she has given you the ability to Plan A her. I think you need a little longer in doing that...put a few more coins in the love bank. Of course, that is only if you still have anything left in you. If not, then Plan B must happen immediately. But I dont think you are worn out yet.

So, finish Plan A. Shortly, we will help you plan out Plan B so you can launch it effectively. By the way, the cell phone you pay for gets cut off the first day of Plan B. In that way, you save YOUR money AND it forces her to use the new phone to do ALL of her communicating.

There will be many more upsetting things over this whole thing. Even if she comes back tomorrow, there will be things you find out that will make you wonder why you married her, and why you went after her now. It comes with the territory, I am afraid.

S, keep us uptodate. Vent here. Let us know your love bank level. And lets finish this. Personally, I think just a few days/weeks more and Plan B will be here. Not long now.

MM,

All I can say is thanks. You're right. I just don't know. I'm not bailing yet. Boots on the ground.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just want to call that number and say "hey what's up?" lol...probably wouldn't go so well though. As a communication-electronics technician, I really hate technology. It has made too many affairs possible.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

C
C
Originally Posted by GJM
. I will post it for review when I'm done. At that time, I will need to ask someone here to be my IM if I can't find one nearby. Thanks.

GJM,

If you can't find anyone local, let me know through the mods.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
Originally Posted by GJM
. I will post it for review when I'm done. At that time, I will need to ask someone here to be my IM if I can't find one nearby. Thanks.

GJM,

Thanks CV!

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

C
C
Originally Posted by GJM
GJM,

Thanks CV! [/quote]
cool

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
S
S
Originally Posted by GJM
Originally Posted by GJM

GJM,

Thanks CV!

AWESOME CV. An AMAZING IM is the backbone of a great Plan B.

GJM, write up that letter, and let's get you ready, so when you need Plan B, you can use it. Have you read MarriedForever's thread about how to Plan B correctly?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Scotland
Originally Posted by GJM
Originally Posted by GJM

GJM,

Thanks CV!

AWESOME CV. An AMAZING IM is the backbone of a great Plan B.

GJM, write up that letter, and let's get you ready, so when you need Plan B, you can use it. Have you read MarriedForever's thread about how to Plan B correctly?

Yes, I've read it several times. I woke up this morning and asked myself if I have another day. I do...I do

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Today is my son's birthday. He is 12. He is so disappointed about the lack of funds to do things, he doesn't want anything and he doesn't want to do anything. I feel terrible. My W called me this morning and actually took control of the situation by planning out the whole weekend. She said the kids were milking our situation. I said that it's not easy to just put a time limit on grieving. We're all having a hard time with this.

We'll see how things go, but Happy Birthday DS12!

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

J
J
GJM,

A special hand made card can be so special from the Dad he deserves, let your wife deal with her own part in all this, do your part........make that boys feel so special regardless of the situation.....
(hugs)

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Jessitaylor,

Thank you for the idea. I think I will make him his card while he's at school.

When my W called me this morning, I had to get off the phone. I started to get emotional because the pain I felt for my kids and I was getting to me.

My other son's birthday is tomorrow. He will be 9. Can't believe they have to go through this.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

T
T
Originally Posted by GJM
Can't believe they have to go through this.

I've said this a million times. I'm about 2 years further along than you, and I still say it almost every day.

Unfortunately for your WW, one day she'll start saying it too. And it will be her fault.

A lifetime of regret awaits her. And she's too blind to see it.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
S
S
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
Originally Posted by GJM

I've said this a million times. I'm about 2 years further along than you, and I still say it almost every day.

Unfortunately for your WW, one day she'll start saying it too. And it will be her fault.

A few weeks ago my DS (9) was joking around about a dream that he had about STBXWH still living here at home. I asked him some Qs, letting him know he could talk to me about whatever feelings he was having.

One second he was laughing and the next, he got very emotional and told me that when he grows up, he will build a time travel machine and go back to when he was 8 when we were all still a family. Talk about heart-wrenching...

At least the kids have you, GJM, and you are fighting for your family and for them...and they will always know that no matter what happens. Hang in there hug

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by GJM

Hi TE,

Thanks for posting. I agree. That's why it's important for a great Plan A from me so she sees it sooner. That way when I go into Plan B, she will go into think mode and replay her decisions in her mind. That's what I'm hoping will happen anyway.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by GJM

A few weeks ago my DS (9) was joking around about a dream that he had about STBXWH still living here at home. I asked him some Qs, letting him know he could talk to me about whatever feelings he was having.

One second he was laughing and the next, he got very emotional and told me that when he grows up, he will build a time travel machine and go back to when he was 8 when we were all still a family. Talk about heart-wrenching...

At least the kids have you, GJM, and you are fighting for your family and for them...and they will always know that no matter what happens. Hang in there hug

Oh wow...that's heartbreaking and sweet at the same time. Thanks for posting SQ. My birthday boy is holding onto a lot of anguish. I can see it on his face. He looks at me some times without even blinking and tears will roll down his face. He is having to embrace this situation the best way he can and it tears me apart. We lean on each other during times when one of us is feeling down. He's a great kid, but I'm afraid of what this is turning him into.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

S
S
Anytime, GJM...

I have been wanting to tell you that I have noticed you have come such a long way from when you first got here. And you are doing a great job in your postings to others.

Keep it up! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Page 79 of 107 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation