Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
I'm actually asking about this not to put it on a computer but to take it off! I figured someone here might know something about it.

I was trying to figure out why my computer was running slowly and looked closely at all running processes when I saw "netman." Googling it, it is some sort of remote access software downloadable from a chinese website free. I'm not sure if my husband put it on my computer or what, but I want to get it off. We've had trouble getting our wireless router set up securely and my internet connection gets funny (kicking me off randomly) and that's also part of why I was looking at the processes more closely.

Anways, anyone know about this or have any suggestions about removing it? I've looked at program files and hidden files, add/delete program, etc., and can't find it to get rid of it.

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
R
R
did a little research and this doesnt look good.

it comes with it's own uninstaller if you dont have the original file that it was downloaded with then you dont have the uninstaller.

further research shows that many people had to reformat and do a fresh OS install to get rid of this program.

this part i am unclear on many conflicting reports but i saw alot of complaints that it was infected with a virus and malware.

there might be a way of getting rid of it withoutn formatting your hard drive and installing your operating system, find the program it might have hidden itself so make sure all files folders are not hidden if you are able to find it you can then delete it but this next part is the hardest that is getting it out of your registry if you are not 100% suire of your ability to modify your registry then DO NOT TOUCH IT get a comp tech to do it.

hope this helps a little

male 43 years old
married 9 years (might not make it to 10 years)
3 kids 1 from previous marraige 2 from current marriage

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 450 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation