Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Can you get into your doctor to get AD's? Dr. H recommends this if you're really struggling.

Then you can swing by the library and do this Online records

Thank you, I have considered this but know quite a few people on AD's and have said it's a guessing game. They say that it takes about a month to experience the effects, IF you're on the right one for YOU. If not, then it's on to #'s 2, 3, 4... the whole process can take months!
But i know I should at least give it a try. But that's just another negative mark for my WH, because of HIM i have to be MEDICATED?!!

I know I seem to be difficult and I believe that it has a lot to do with me not thinking that I could EVER get over the fact that my H was "with" another woman. No matter how wonderful and reformed he may be, that thought will NEVER leave my mind and then it would be ME ruining the vary marriage that I saved.

B
B
Read this for some inspiration from Dr. H
How can trust be restored after an Affair
First you need to take the steps to get there.

You're missing the first one which is exposure. You can't get to the finish line without taking the first step.

One more time. Can you go to the library to do some Intel?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Originally Posted by daisy94
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[
Dont get me wrong, I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. I still have a lot more soul searching to do but this is just an example of my reasoning.

You have a whole list of things you won't do. What exactly would you be willing to do? Anything?

I feel defeated. This whole A is consuming my life. I can't even do my daily required chores or focus on anything but this stupid A! I feel like I'm sneaking around and trying not to get caught. I don't like it at all! It's making me sick, I feel very uneasy and drained.

By soul searching, I meant deep thinking as to WHAT i really want. Of course I want my marriage to work but why should I be the only one that's working for it? Its like a battle and it's 2 against one! And obviously the OW had or still has more pull than me because shes the one that stole my husband! This is of course if you all are correct that it is still going on. If it HAS stopped then I still have to deal with the fact that my H was someone else's love interest and all the wonderful disgusting details of THAT!

Soul searching and "deep thinking" is an excuse to avoid taking action. Your "soul" does not have the answer. WE DO. Your best thinking has led you to this terrible place and unless you stop going by your own plan and listen to us, we can't help you. Let us know when you get serious.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Daisy, the people who make it are those who can put aside their feelings and follow a plan. If you can't put aside your feelings you are not going to make it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D

yes I believe so.

has anyone purchased a phone report from intellus?
Im afraid to do it with my credit card

Ive also tried using an international phone directory but seems to be a wild goose chase. If anyone has actual web addresses to preferably free ones thatd be great!

B
B

yes I believe so.

has anyone purchased a phone report from intellus?
Im afraid to do it with my credit card
Ive also tried using an international phone directory but seems to be a wild goose chase. If anyone has actual web addresses to preferably free ones thatd be great!

You get cash back when you go to store, let's say Walmart and then you purchase those visa debit/credit cards.

You were told this earlier in your thread 2 months ago by Maitalbliss I think it was. Will you do it this time?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
You get cash back when you go to store, let's say Walmart and then you purchase those visa debit/credit cards.

You were told this earlier in your thread 2 months ago by Maitalbliss I think it was. Will you do it this time?

yes, but time is working against me. I like to do things asap when i have the chance. there isn't a way for OW info to get blocked or removed is there, like if she changes her #? Also which site is the best to purchase from? Spokeo seems to have a lot of info but wants $15 per month for 6 mos commitment.

B
B
yes, but time is working against me. I like to do things asap when i have the chance. there isn't a way for OW info to get blocked or removed is there, like if she changes her #? Also which site is the best to purchase from? Spokeo seems to have a lot of info but wants $15 per month for 6 mos commitment.
That's why everyone is pushing you to act.
Read this Online reports

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
I
Daisy, you seem to misunderstand the plans.

You don�t have to make up your mind 'right now' that you want to take him back BEFORE following the plans. That would be impossible since he is currently a cheat and a liar. The plans are simply designed to prevent you from being turned into a nervous wreck by his toxic behaviour. You follow the plans for your OWN healing and to keep marriage recovery POSSIBLE. To keep your options open.

You can ditch him at any point unless you are 100 per cent convinced he will make you feel safe. We can help you with all that stuff later.

For now, you NEED exposure. I can't stress enough that other people will not pity you. Not unless you only know people who are real losers. This is merely your own fear talking. People who love you will want to help and will feel indignant for you. They will tell him to wise up! That you are the best thing he ever had! We are all telling you, as people who have done exposure and faced our own fears of looking foolish, that finding pity is really not common. Fearing it is though.

Plus you will also discover about 40 per cent of your friends have a little 'secret' A in their own marriages. Seriously.

No matter what happens, you will need the support of people who love you. Whether you recover or whether you divorce. Give people some credit and let them help! What did YOU do wrong that you should feel shame?

Just work your plans for your own protection and let WH do the work in proving himself.

I am divorcing, and am fine with it because I gave it my all before he proved he was a False Recovery risk. Plan B also makes divorce hurt less (It really does). The path you are choosing, Plan C is phenomenally painful, whereas the MB plans could give you a trustworthy marriage back - or at the very least, a personal recovery like mine.

Glad to see you getting on with some detective work!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
FYI, ignoring ML is NOT going to help you save your marriage.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Daisy, the people who make it are those who can put aside their feelings and follow a plan. If you can't put aside your feelings you are not going to make it.

Did you see this post?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks indiegirl! I appreciate your insight, it's very helpful.

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I was able to do some searching and i THINK i found her!
I did not purchase anything on line with that card because all the sites i visited wanted my name and address and credit card billing address etc. So i do not have the reverse look up info for her # but i do know that it's a cell.

I think I've found her mother's home number and her sister on facebook. That is if i have her correct maiden name. And if this is in fact the correct person, I may even know where she works.

So, what do you think I should do? I was going to attempt to call the mother and message her sister through facebook. This is of course hoping that I have the correct person (im 85% sure).

Apparently I need a little hand holding, Im probably the most honest person you can meet so this secret sneaky detective stuff isn't really easy for me.

Thanks

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I was hoping someone would respond quicker, I only have a limited amount of time to try this today frown

B
B
Yes call her mother and message her sister, but exposure needs to be done all at once.

So you need to Also tell your children and your family and his.

From her sister's facebook could you get anymore relatives for her?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Still trying to search deeper, discovered her mother past away last year.

There is a major web connected to this person and im trying to make sense of it all (a lot of different addresses). I sure hope I got the right person.

How do you suggest I initiate communication with her sister?

Should i even attempt to call the OW directly? What would I say?

---I have to tell MY KIDS!!???!! That is something that I do not want to do.

I
I
I was able to do some searching and i THINK i found her!
I did not purchase anything on line with that card because all the sites i visited wanted my name and address and credit card billing address etc. So i do not have the reverse look up info for her # but i do know that it's a cell.

I think I've found her mother's home number and her sister on facebook. That is if i have her correct maiden name. And if this is in fact the correct person, I may even know where she works.

So, what do you think I should do? I was going to attempt to call the mother and message her sister through facebook. This is of course hoping that I have the correct person (im 85% sure).

Apparently I need a little hand holding, Im probably the most honest person you can meet so this secret sneaky detective stuff isn't really easy for me.

Thanks

Daisy you would need to hang fire on the exposure. you need to expose to everyone on the same day, so its important to have a good exposure plan.

Have you read the exposure thread?

Post your full exposure targets list here and your exposure letters here so we can help you get a plan together.

I'm concerned you're not sure of her identity. Can you explain why you are not sure so we can help? When you expose you need to be sure of your facts.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
Daisy go back and read this. Exposure 101

Melodylane has all the facebook sample exposure letters on what to say.
Also you will see what Dr. H says about telling your children.

Read that and come back, but I think you'll find all your answers.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I did not purchase anything on line with that card because all t
I'm concerned you're not sure of her identity. Can you explain why you are not sure so we can help? When you expose you need to be sure of your facts.

I have a name, a town, and a number.
I cant get reverse info on the number because the sites want MY info to purchase and I don't want to have a monthly subscription OR enter my name address etc.

I extensively searched online and found everything to be connecting to the same person. Which is how I got maiden name etc and there's a lot of different towns shes lived in that also connect to her maiden name. I found her on facebook as well but her friends list is private. I did however find a way to see a few wink that is how i discovered her sisters, which have her maiden name. I also found where, i believe, she works. This is all contingent upon it BEING the CORRECT person though.

D
daisy94 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
What i wanted to do was contact the people that i found and do some fishing to find out if this is the correct OW. When i got confirmation then I would expose the A to them.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation