Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
New research confirms Dr. Harleys approach. In most platonic friendships at least on of the 'platonic' friend sees more in the other:

http://www.enotalone.com/relationships/26266.html

me, DH
all the children
H
H
Interesting article Happyheart. Thanks for the post.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
B
B
Originally Posted by happyheart
New research confirms Dr. Harleys approach. In most platonic friendships at least on of the 'platonic' friend sees more in the other:

http://www.enotalone.com/relationships/26266.html

Well this has been what Dr. Harley has been saying. Just more confirmation that Dr. Harley be knowing smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
In most platonic friendships at least one of the 'platonic' friend sees more in the other...

So in the many professional, collegial, relationships of this type I've had, I'm now to understand that the woman had designs upon my person?
Ugghh! I feel so....cheap! [Linked Image from planetsmilies.net]

B
B
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
In most platonic friendships at least one of the 'platonic' friend sees more in the other...

So in the many professional, collegial, relationships of this type I've had, I'm now to understand that the woman had designs upon my person?
Ugghh! I feel so....cheap! [Linked Image from planetsmilies.net]

Yup! And you thought it was your charm? laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
Oh, snap! What should I now think about my relationship with my several GAY friends?

B
B
Oh, snap! What should I now think about my relationship with my several GAY friends?

Well they are platonic, correct? laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
But they apparently YEARN for me!!!! sick

B
B
But they apparently YEARN for me!!!! sick

Yes, yes we know. Hasn't it already been discussed on these boards about your Machismo (or was that cheese bowl)? Or am I thinking of another NG? confused laugh doh2

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 906 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation