Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 36 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 35 36
P
P
Proverbs 11:29

He who troubles his own house will inherit the wind

P
P
�We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their behaviour.�
Stephen M.R. Covey

Your 'true inventions' are of no use to you, or your wife.

L
L
Oops!
I sent an apology to the Mods for posting inappropriate links to TRT.
Links that were NOT MB material!
Just want to say I apologize to whoever notified the Mods about my inappropriate behavior!
Yes! I was wrong!
I am truly sorry...
And, I want to thank you, too, for keeping me in line!!!
Blessings ~
hug

"Now is the time for all good MB Veterans to come to the aid of their MB Rookies!"
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Is that Velma, the drama Queen trying to take over again? dramaqueen
It's only useless if you make it useless.
The choice is yours.

You're exactly right. The choice is mine. And if I so choose to update, or reach out for constructive criticism and/or help, I will. As of right now, the posters who find it helpful to slander me have dissuaded me from posting anything.

You, Brain, Marcos, GloveOil, and a few other have offered me advice that is invaluable. And I appreciate it. I feel I can learn from your comments. Not those of the people whose vitriolic nature prevents them from acting human.

You have a difficult time recognizing your own selfishness. Years of thinking about yourself.
The above statement is declaring that you want to look good and you seek approval. It's about your needs.
I wish you'd said this:
"I would like a chance to heal my wife and make her happy."
You may think I am playing semantics, I assure you, this wording you used is about YOUR need, not your wife's.
You need me (us) to point these things out to you because after years of selfishness, you lack awareness of how selfish you've become.
Please, welcome these little stings of clarity.
You've got thousands of "A-ha!" moments ahead of you. Don't allow yourself to bristle and become defensive every time. Just pick up the tip/lesson and put it in your pocket and keep going.

I don't see the harm in seeking my wife's approval and to want to look good for her. I intend to live by the rules we set out, and to be the best man I can possibly be for her. You're right that I've lead a life of selfishness and ignorance. I've been abusive and hurtful, and it is my goal, my OBLIGATION to stop if I may show AI that I really do love her and want to be with her. I want my wife to heal from the pain that I've inflicted. And I intend to help her do just that.

Do you even hear yourself?
Your "true intentions" are truer this time than they were before?
Really. You REALLY mean it, this time.
Do you even know what trash your true intentions have historically been?
Don't talk like this. By that I mean, in catch-phrases meant to show you off in a "good light".
You have squandered that right. For now, your wife knows your true intentions have been to lie/cheat/bamboozle her.

I do hear myself. And I've read what Harvey has to say in Surviving an Affair, as well as Love Busters. In his radio clips, the clips that BrainHurts has generously provided, Harvey frequently says that it is the Betrayed Spouse's right to refuse my attempts to help them heal. My statement reflects the fact that I acknowledge and respect that right, given the circumstances that that I have willingly put us in.

Live up to HER expectations .....What do you expect of yourself?
You borrow your wife's expectations that you behave well.
Why?
You need to be a better man even if you divorce.

Yes. Her expectations. I want to be a better man for her. Nobody else. Being a better man for myself comes next. And being a better man for anybody else comes... never.

Why?
Really.... Why?
It's been a miserable marriage.
What have you enjoyed about marriage?

You've not been married to this woman. She's amazing and warm, beautiful, sexy, thoughtful, and pure. And I violated that. I have to believe that I deserve this, make good with my actions, and work towards actually deserving it. I love AI. I have violated her and her heart. I intend to fix that.

rotflmao
And you don't?
You are getting support as well.
We support you stop this dramaqueen and start this weightlifter

I do appreciate it. I'm just not going to roll over when someone decides to throw jabs instead of actually trying to help. **edit**

We're all here because we've done wrong in some way. I can learn from your mistakes, because you attempted recovery before I did. I can learn from your successes because your example shows that it's possible and that it may work. I can't learn from your hatred and insults. Nobody can. **edit**

And seriously? A bible verse? I understand your need for faith, but with all due respect, such beliefs are things I don't hold stock in. I'm not going to be swayed or argue the virtues of faith with you or anyone. And besides:

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

And the idea that some people would so easily condemn me for my actions without the slightest indication of admitting that affairs can happen to anyone, that they could be the adulterer, or that i even remotely condone the actions that I have done that have hurt my wife, I offer the following story:

Using the KJV, in John 8:1 - 11 scribes and Pharisees had caught a woman in the act of adultery (the woman commonly referred to as the prostitute) and told Jesus who was teaching in the temple that the Mosaic Law required she be stoned to death. Trying to make an opportunity of this to trick Jesus that they might accuse Him, they, with stones in hand, asked Jesus what He says about the Law. After Jesus tried to ignore their repeated questioning, He told them "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." One by one each man dropped his stone and walked away.

Jesus was not�arguing with the judgment. Nor was Jesus arguing the law nor the woman's guilt. Jesus was arguing with our right to execute the woman. Once all the men had dropped their stones Jesus confronted the woman and asked her if any of the men were still there to condemn her. When she answered "No man, Lord", Jesus told her that neither did He - He forgave her of her sin. He did not excuse the sin of adultery/prostitution, he forgave her of it. All behavior and thought that is sinful before forgiveness is still sinful after forgiveness. Not only was Jesus not afraid to call a sin a sin, He was not afraid to call a sinner a sinner. He even reminded her of the sin of adultery/prostitution by telling her "Go and sin no more."

in response, I'm calling my sin and sin. I am a sinner. If I commit adultery or abuse upon my wife at any point in the future, it is still a sin.

But I intend to go forth and "sin no more".

If y'all want to have a hand in that, awesome. If you'd like to just cast stones, well... this whore is gonna throw them back.

I did AI very wrong. I intend to right that wrong. I've agreed to her request that I continue to post, at least weekly, on this thread. I will honor that request. Regardless of the pitiful example that some posters would like to pass off as advice or help. You and several other are not included in that statement.

Thank you. I really do look forward to your advice.

Last edited by MBLBanker; 06/17/12 07:57 AM. Reason: If you have a complaint about another member's posts, take it up with the moderators and not on the open board.
P
P
You've not been married to this woman. She's amazing and warm, beautiful, sexy, thoughtful, and pure. And I violated that. I have to believe that I deserve this, make good with my actions, and work towards actually deserving it. I love AI. I have violated her and her heart. I intend to fix that.

*like*

T
OP Offline
T

**edit**

On to other things...

As for an update on my actions today, I woke up with the kids and took them downstairs for breakfast, letting AI sleep in. I also brought her breakfast in bed, all as per her request. My intentions for today... my plans... include reading, and possibly finishing, Love Busters, and going through more of this thread for the links and bits of advice that may help me in my journey to save my marriage, and my journey of self discovery.

I intend to show AI that I have what it takes to be a better man.

Happy Father's day, folks.

Last edited by MBLBanker; 06/17/12 08:02 AM. Reason: TOS: do not discuss moderating decisions on the open board.
T
OP Offline
T

*like*

Believe it or not, that actually means a lot to me. Thank you, Pepperband.

P
P

And seriously? A bible verse? I understand your need for faith, but with all due respect, such beliefs are things I don't hold stock in. I'm not going to be swayed or argue the virtues of faith with you or anyone. And besides:

Proverbs 11:29 is very wise. It conveys a lot of meaning in very few words.
That verse was close to my heart this morning because my husband spoke about Proverbs11:29 earlier this week. I just had a second major surgery in 3 months, and my beloved is taking care of me. He has my love bank so full, I may bust! I don't know what his intentions are, but his behaviors have shown me he has my back. He is my soft (safe) place to fall.

I don't argue about faith. I do occasionally post a verse if it is meaningful TO ME. I would never quote scripture unless I thought it was useful, and true. You however, say you do not value scripture, yet you quoted scripture. That's OK.

T
OP Offline
T

Proverbs 11:29 is very wise. It conveys a lot of meaning in very few words.
That verse was close to my heart this morning because my husband spoke about Proverbs11:29 earlier this week. I just had a second major surgery in 3 months, and my beloved is taking care of me. He has my love bank so full, I may bust! I don't know what his intentions are, but his behaviors have shown me he has my back. He is my soft (safe) place to fall.

I don't argue about faith. I do occasionally post a verse if it is meaningful TO ME. I would never quote scripture unless I thought it was useful, and true. You however, say you do not value scripture, yet you quoted scripture. That's OK.

I sincerely apologize for attacking your use of a bible passage on this thread. I misunderstood your intention.

I hope that you recover quickly and very well from your recent surgery.

P
P
if you'd like to just cast stones, well... this whore is gonna throw them back.

This won't work to your benefit.
You will look ridiculous.
You will convince yourself that you have the right to throw stones.
Keep your side of the equation clean.
You will never regret doing that.
Respond to hurtful comments in a reasoned, calm, respectful way.
Or, ignore them!
It's good practice for you.
You cannot allow yourself to be quick to anger.
It's a bad habit you must break.
Your wife has felt your mean anger too many times. Please, do not give yourself permission to be mean under any circumstances.

Let's face it, you're not in the position to wag fingers at anyone, puffing up with imaginary righteous anger.

Practice walking away peacefully. It will benefit your marriage.

And, notify the mods if you think something has crossed the line.

L
L
TRT ~
I would like to thank you personally for notifying the Mods about the inappropriate links I posted.
You did the right thing!
I will continue to read your BW's thread and compare her posts to what I read here...
My sincere prayer is that you will do whatever it takes to restore love in your marriage...
You and your sweet BW have a dynamic opportunity to be one of Dr. Harley's success stories!
It ALL depends on you...
Let me be clear about something here.
While I apologize for posting non-MB material on this board, I do NOT apologize for being concerned for your wife and children's safety...
However, that may change as I see you doing "The Right Thing"!

"Now is the time for all good MB Veterans to come to the aid of their MB Rookies!"
P
P
Originally Posted by therightthing
I misunderstood your intention.

Tell me what you thought my intention was. Then, tell me how you can know my intention without asking me.

I bet you've done this with your wife.
Assumed incorrectly she had some "bad" intention or motive.

Asking questions in a non sarcastic way will give you traction in most situations where you *think* bad intentions are afoot.

T
OP Offline
T
if you'd like to just cast stones, well... this whore is gonna throw them back.

This won't work to your benefit.
You will look ridiculous.
You will convince yourself that you have the right to throw stones.
Keep your side of the equation clean.
You will never regret doing that.
Respond to hurtful comments in a reasoned, calm, respectful way.
Or, ignore them!
It's good practice for you.
You cannot allow yourself to be quick to anger.
It's a bad habit you must break.
Your wife has felt your mean anger too many times. Please, do not give yourself permission to be mean under any circumstances.

Let's face it, you're not in the position to wag fingers at anyone, puffing up with imaginary righteous anger.

Practice walking away peacefully. It will benefit your marriage.

And, notify the mods if you think something has crossed the line.

In the immortal and ever insightful words of Cameo:

Word up!

Great advice. You're completely right. Thank you.

T
OP Offline
T
Tell me what you thought my intention was. Then, tell me how you can know my intention without asking me.

I thought your intention was to push your belief on me. I assume I am wrong, and apologize for such an ignorant Disrespectful Judgement and Angry Outburst.

I bet you've done this with your wife.
Assumed incorrectly she had some "bad" intention or motive.

You're absolutely correct. I have done this with my wife. I would expect that this falls under AO's and DJ's, with SD's coming into play when she tries to justify herself against my incorrect and illogical argument, and I demand that she apologizes to me, instead of the other way around.

In fact, I did it last night a few times. This is a behaviour that I need to overcome and destroy.

Asking questions in a non sarcastic way will give you traction in most situations where you *think* bad intentions are afoot.

Duly noted.

P
P
Unclench.
We are not at war with you.
We may be hard on you, but you're not the first WH to begin recovery with big fat juicy lies.

One of the classics was "Greenmile". Good name, you agree?

LINK to GM's first post of lies

GM is very intelligent. A recently retired prominent physician. Just read his first post, not the entire thread. GM came to MB and lied his butt off to us. He had to, because his wife was also on MB and he was lying to her. When the truth came out .... (like pulling teeth through the wrong end) .... GM had a for real nervous breakdown and ended up in the psych hospital. (this is why that thread was locked by the mods) His wife had just discovered GM had more than 2 decades of infidelity with many, many women .... and then she was STUCK taking care of his sorry self because he became suicidal.

So you see, you are not the first cowboy to lie to this crowd. To lie in order to "save his marriage". doh2

I (we) are not shocked by you.
But, we're on to you.
And, we really do want the best for you.

Soooooooooooooo UNclench. Put down those boxing gloves.
Be slow to anger.
Be sure your fuse is super long.
OK?

T
OP Offline
T
Ok.

Unclenched.

But still apologetic in regards to the attack on your intentions with the bible quote.

Gonna go read Love Busters now. smile

T
OP Offline
T
This will be a (rare) long one for me.

My H had his affair in the mid 90's.
I worked things out without any message board to bounce ideas off of...

Link

This was a pretty incredible post. Thank you.

P
P
The link is broken.

P
P
Originally Posted by therightthing
But still apologetic in regards to the attack on your intentions with the bible quote.

Apology accepted.
I'm feeling pretty mellow.
Probably the pain medication rotflmao

M
M
You're absolutely correct. I have done this with my wife. I would expect that this falls under AO's and DJ's, with SD's coming into play when she tries to justify herself against my incorrect and illogical argument, and I demand that she apologizes to me, instead of the other way around.

This. Bolded and underlined. What are you talking about!? After 30 something pages you just don't get that you are in no position to demand anything. You are obligated to give full truth about your past indiscretions, full timeline and details. This should be your No 1 concern - to stop the trickle truth and disclose facts about all your affairs.

As a former WS myself, there is one thing that sticks out as a sad sign of your insincerety - I just don't believe anything you say - making amends must take most of your time and not leave you much time for bragging here ... But here's what you are doing ... most of the time. You're like a pupil who's after praises only. This stinks high heaven. I know your intentions, mister. But your "face" is already gone, if that's what you are trying to keep.

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

Page 16 of 36 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation