Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 96 of 104 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 103 104
T
T
As someone who is going through the same thing right now. I would recommend making a detailed list of all your debts.......
usually makes me smirk

Me: BH 40
WW 39
S13, D9
Married 15 yrs together 19!!!
D Day July 11,2011
WW in P.A. with OW
WW wants D
Almost done
Former Tryingtofeelgood
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by TTFG
As someone who is going through the same thing right now. I would recommend making a detailed list of all your debts.......
usually makes me smirk

What do you mean by debts?

K
K
Car payments, credit cards, that sort of thing, is what I believe TTFG means? Marital debt?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Car payments, credit cards, that sort of thing, is what I believe TTFG means? Marital debt?

Don't really have any debts... cars paid off, credit card paid off, etc. The only debt is our mortgage. May or may not be able to sell what we owe on the house due to the real estate market. I didn't handle the finances, so figuring out what we paid for things and the fair market value on our assets is difficult.

I'm sorry that you're going through the same thing... I know it really sucks! This is not the life I dreamed of... nobody gets married to get a divorce. This is just so painful... I'm sorry for everyone that experiences betrayal, infidelity, lies, unremorseful spouses, etc., etc., etc. We all have faults, we all have things to work on within a marriage, but when the person that you love the most steps outside the marriage, it's just so painful! I can't even put it into words... I'm so sorry that we are all here for the same reason, but so glad that we are all here to support each other through this extremely difficult time. Everyday is a new day (rollercoaster of emotions), but we can get through this!

Last edited by starfish75; 06/26/12 10:17 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Anxiety is overwhelming this morning. Took a Xanax and a very long hot shower, but still feeling that ball of nerves in my stomach. UGH.... hoping this goes away soon!

I'm calling my attorney this morning to see if I can get an extension on the paperwork that I need to complete. I need more time, because I didn't handle the finances, so I have to dig a little more than WH. I think I have most of the receipts, but I'm also going to have to figure out fair market value on everything. I guess look at Craig's list or maybe use a percentage of the sale price. I know I will have a major sense of relief once this paperwork is complete. Still a long road ahead... Everything still feels like a bad dream....

S
OP Offline
S
Mediation has been set for Sept. 18th. My attorney didn't send him the same forms that I have to fill out, which really ticks me off. Why do I have to do all of the work with EVERYTHING? She said they would send him the same forms to complete. They are a pain in the a$$, so he should have to fill them out too and do some work for once! I think this will be good that we are both completing the forms in case one of us forgets something, hopefully everything will be covered. He is going to $hit when he has to fill all of this DETAILED info. out on everything we own, tangile and non-tangible.

S
OP Offline
S
Yeah!!! I got an extension on my paperwork!!!

The pastor's wife called me today to let me know that the pastor tried to contact WH today and left him a message.

S
OP Offline
S
Reading through some of my old posts tonight... I would really like to read everything again from the beginning. I know my Plan B has some cracks that I need to plug, so I'm going to go back through and read everything again for some tips/advice. I realize my job is a major hole, but it's hard to plug that one up right now. God help me! I know you all care and are trying to help me see what I need to do, but its so difficult at times. I feel like such a failure some days... like I didn't do everything "perfect", so my marriage couldn't be saved! I realize this isn't factual, because there are no guarantees on anything... I did give my ALL to Plan A... Plan B... Well, it's been rough. I could even say my Plan B was on the verge, if not in Plan C most of the time. I really wish I could've implemented Plan B as well as I did Plan A . Now, I'm in Plan B (mediocre) and Plan D. I am trying everyday, still have good and bad moments throughout everyday.

I appreciate all of the support here... smile. There have been so many days looking back where I didn't have anywhere else to turn but here. I thank you all for helping me through all of those awful days and guiding me through them. I was so weak, so unclear of what I should or shouldn't do. Many of you helped me with words, letters, phone calls, etc. that I couldn't do for myself because I was so out of it. I am truly thankful for every single response that I received here, as you all have been lifesavers to me on so many days, even multiple times in one day.

Heading to bed... Good night to all!

Last edited by starfish75; 06/27/12 10:32 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
The neighbor called me to let me know that WH was at the house today during lunch. I didn't notice anything missing at first, but then realized that there was a small silver electronic box that was missing that was on top of the Home PC. I don't think it was a router, because we already have one. What else could it have been?

I think it might have been a portable hard drive. Why would he need this?

Last edited by starfish75; 06/29/12 05:21 PM.
C
C
A portable hard drive?

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Caracal
A portable hard drive?

Iomega portable hard drive

C
C
Oops, I didn't see that last line and was making a suggestion.

You can't know why WH wanted it and coming up with ideas will make you crazy. I really think you need to ensure he can't just come and go. I thought he needed to give notice to enter? What is he comes and clears the house out?

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Caracal
Oops, I didn't see that last line and was making a suggestion.

You can't know why WH wanted it and coming up with ideas will make you crazy. I really think you need to ensure he can't just come and go. I thought he needed to give notice to enter? What is he comes and clears the house out?

I agree, but I was told that since a judgement hasn't been made regarding possession of the home, he has just as much right to the home as I do. He takes a different lunch than I do, so he can come here when I'm not home. I'm going to contact my attorney and let her know.

S
OP Offline
S
He did sign a form that I gave him to give me notice and he agreed to give me at least 12 hours. He mentioned to the neighbor that he was going to start coming over twice a week at lunch to see the dogs. He hasn't asked or cared about them in weeks, so why now? Obviously, he wanted the hard drive and used seeing the dogs as an excuse. Now, I'm wondering what else I need to hide.

R
R
Well......this just is NOT cool.
Him coming to hang out when you are gone is not right.
Talk to your lawyer!

S
OP Offline
S
WH is threatening to move back in the house!!!!

S
S
I would change the locks again and refuse to give him the key. Tell his lawyer to take you to court. He can explain to the judge why he is breaking the agreement regarding giving you notice and coming in without permission.

You will have no idea what he is rifling through (your computer, possibly legal paperwork) and he could be possibly take things (this actually happened to my friend and her lawyer told her she should have changed the locks!).

How can you be expected to live this way??

Don't put up with this, SF!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Change the locks and fight it out in court, SF. Don't put up with this.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
OP Offline
S
My attorney and his said he can get a locksmith. I'll call my attorney on Monday!

S
OP Offline
S
He said;

Get the spare bed room ready, because I'm moving back in, so I can be with my dogs permanently. I already have a letter from my attorney to have access when I want. Its my house too, i pay the mortgage. I've been polite. I'm coming home ready or not BW. C u soon.

Page 96 of 104 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation