Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
A
A
Well done so far, Jah. Stick to plan B. It's healing powers are amazing! Even if you decide (while still in plan B) to move to plan D, DO NOT BREAK PLAN B! You'll go right back on the roller coaster.

As a side note, is your WW a Filipina who went to high school in South Florida? If so, have the mods send me an email. I might have some back-story for you.

Me: BH
XW: Promises83
DS5
Married 10 years, first for both of us
D-Day: 27 Oct 11 trickle truth-ed until all 8 OMs were discovered
D Final: 16 Aug 2013
C
C
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Also read in SAA about Plan B and it will answer alot of your questions.
Yep, make sure you do this. However, as good as Dr H's books and plans are, there are often a lot of questions about the praticality of implementing them that are not answered. Read threads of Plan B'ers here, and post questions on your thread. Us Plan B'ers are sure to offer support and answers.

It took me a long time to actually understand Plan B was not about having the wayward run back to me full of remorse. Plan B is all about the betrayed. If the wayward commits to marital recovery, all well and good if this is what the betrayed wants. However, either way, Plan B is about the betrayed surviving an affair. And from my reading on here and IRL sitches, healing is slow if it ever comes at all when the BS still has contact with the WS.

Then I thought about it, and told them to contact me for only ONE thing; if my wife told them she was pregnant. The reason I threw this one in is because as far as I know, if my wife gets pregnant by this OM, I might be responsible as the husband. Is that right?
My 2 cents... this is not right. In Plan B, ALL contact comes through the IM or lawyer. A good many friends / family initially struggle with Plan B. They want to tell the BS everything about the wayward; they are often trying to heal themselves from feeling betrayed by the WS's actions. You have sent a mixed message. Better to tell them, if WW needs to communicate anything important to you, she can do so through IM.

Your IM is your filter. He / she will decide if the message is important. Let them know, a pregnancy is important (although I guess they can figure this out for themselves).

Besides, I suspect if your WW was pregnant, she would be running to your for financial support. If the only way of reaching you was through the IM, I bet she would do it.

As BH says, you would need DNA evidence anyway.

So put these thoughts out of your head. Don't try to anticipate things that are only hypotheticals right now.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
M
M
Originally Posted by jah
After going through plan A, including full exposure and giving my wife a list of conditions, I still wasn't getting anywhere. I decided that my situation is past that point and so I went for plan B.

It's common not to get results immediately, so you might be just a little bit impatient. Dr. Harley encourages men to Plan A longer if they can calm down and stay rational and work the plan, because it maximizes their chances.

It's best if you don't make snap decisions. Come here and discuss first and get feedback and also let this group help you stay calm.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.

"I am kinda leaning more towards you, but I still don't know yet. But I can't agree to your conditions because I don't want to hurt the feelings of [OM] While I am sorting out my confusion, can you please promise not to date anyone else? I need time to think for myself."

[/quote]

{Shakes head}
Even under the BEST of conditions R is HARD!

Grow a pair my man. This is a slap in your face and a kick in the crotch. Leaning toward YOU, Please don�t date anyone else?
Do you not have any self respect?

I can tell you she has zero respect for you. Even if she does �come back� until you show her that you are not going to be stomped on like an ant on the ground, you will never own her heart.

J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
20YH - Grow a pair my man. This is a slap in your face and a kick in the crotch. Leaning toward YOU, Please don�t date anyone else?

markos - It's common not to get results immediately, so you might be just a little bit impatient. Dr. Harley encourages men to Plan A longer if they can calm down and stay rational and work the plan, because it maximizes their chances.

I guess to answer you both; when your wife gets that delusional, staying in plan A is no longer an option. Thus plan B.

I did 'grow a pair' by kicking her out of the house, packing all her stuff and putting it in storage, and cutting her off financially completely, aka plan B. She does not have a job, or savings, or family here in the U.S., so I think that is a big deal.

Day 3 of plan B - I got a wonderful 8 hours of sleep last night; first time in a long time.

AJose - "is your WW a Filipina who went to high school in South Florida?"

What??? Thanks for the support, but um . . . nope. Sorry!

BH: 35
WW: 28
No children. Married 4 years.
D-Day (month?): Apr, 2010. Jan, 2012. May, 2012.
Plan A: Not sure; since marriage counseling began Jan 2012?
Plan B: 6/23/2012
No contact letter: 7/5/2012
Currently in recovery, and thankful to everyone here.
B
B
You not supporting her financially is a consequence of her affair and her continue actions of abuse toward you.

You finally are holding her accountable. Good job and stick with it.

It's going to be very tough when she returns in 2 days. Then you'll be truly tested on how you can stay dark and not crack and enable her again.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the support, BH. It is now 12 hours until she arrives back here. No pickup at the airport, my doors are locked, credit cards cancelled, phone/email blocked, all her stuff is out of the apartment. You are right BH, this is when we'll see how I really handle it.

I have been still getting a couple of our friends messaging me their support and asking me where our situation is at. I updated them, tell them the basics of plan B, and then asked them politely not to update me on anything about my wife from this point on.

Almost all of them agree with what I am doing and promise to keep me in the dark (which is encouraging for me), except one friend who said if I really wanted to work on the marriage, I would keep track in secret. I reiterated to her, I'm not doing this, and please don't update me because this is also for my sanity, and she finally agreed.

I took your advice, Caracal, not to worry about "What if's" like if she got pregnant. I just told them to keep me completely in the dark.

I'll let you all know how it goes in the next day or two. Thanks again everyone for all your support.

M
M
Then I thought about it, and told them to contact me for only ONE thing; if my wife told them she was pregnant. The reason I threw this one in is because as far as I know, if my wife gets pregnant by this OM, I might be responsible as the husband. Is that right?
No. You don't want to know ANYTHING. You aren't responsible as the husband. You wouldn't be the father.

Completely dark Plan B. NO contact. That's where you need to be.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
Jah, I'm at work so can't access my links. Has your IM read the IM training thread? It's under notable posts, be sure they read it... They may need support in their role.

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

J
J
Originally Posted by jah
This is the comparison I want to make in my ultimatum. If she is so far in the fog that she can't see her mistake, then I'm going to just divorce.

Let me tell you WHO I AM:
I am a physician, someone people respect and admire because I save people's lives and care for their children.
I am a provider, someone who will make an excellent father someday and who has the income to support a family.
I am a loyal, caring husband who has dedicated his life to his wife, who made it a point that his happiness came from her happiness, and has never hit, betrayed, or done ANYTHING bad to his wife.
I am smart, funny, creative, a musician, a magician, and someone who makes people smile.

THIS IS WHO I AM. THIS IS WHO YOU ARE GIVING UP.

And what about xxx? Who is he? I really don't care. You think you are 'in love' with him, that he could be 'the one'. Right? So your judgement is clouded, all you see is the good in him. Well, this is what I KNOW about him:

Let me tell you who xxx is:
He is a lowlife loser, who sees a drunk married woman and takes advantage of them just to have sex with them.
He is an adulterer, someone who does not care about marriage and does not care if he ruins marriages.
He is a meteorologist. Who cares? You think his job makes ANY DIFFERENCE to ANYBODY? He tells people about the weather. Thanks alot.
You do NOT know what kind of father he is going to be. And do you think he is a provider? He's the same age as me and still stuck in graduate school!!! What kind of future is that?

Okay. You describe your wife as a drunk married woman.
I am a member of AlAnon. A worldwide organization for family and friends of alcoholics. Dr Harley encourages spouses of alcoholics to join AlAnon.
If your wife is an alcoholic then the MB program will not work because of her addictions and disease of alcoholism.
Are you an alcoholic?

J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Caracal
Jah, I'm at work so can't access my links. Has your IM read the IM training thread? It's under notable posts, be sure they read it... They may need support in their role.

Can I make a suggestion here? I really don't want to upset all the veterans that have been helping me out so much (THANK YOU!) or tell them that the way they are doing things might be wrong, but I really think this point is important.

I am not a blogger, or forum writer, or internet type of guy. I still don't know what a 'moderator' is. But here is how I started: I googled 'marriage affair'. Went straight to this site. I went and read almost everything on the main website. Then I clicked the 'discussion forum' link and thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to check some stuffs there too. The first place I went to was "Surviving an affair". I read a few posts and then posted my own story. And then advice started coming, and just like other 'newbies', usually the 'exposure' step with links are the first advice given . . .

I really think the first thing that should be posted for someone just starting out with their story is that they should go to "Notable Posts --> For Newly Betrayed Spouses". And then they should browse through the rest of the notable posts, and then be directed to come back.

There are TONS of information in there under "Notable Posts", and I never even knew was there! THATS where everyone should be directed first, I think. Or at least they should know about it. I've been posting for about a week now, and alot of times I ask a question and someone posts a direct link to something in "Notable Posts", which helps me out. But I never knew what what else was in there.

Again, I guess I'm an idiot for going not going there first, but I'm sure there might be more than a few people like me that don't know about it either. I'm on page 19 and I didn't realize information was there.

Just my suggestion. I don't want to say much more because I don't want to upset any vets here.

Thank you SO MUCH Caracal for pointing it our for me!!! I'm going there now to educate myself.

C
C
**edit**

Last edited by Fireproof; 06/26/12 11:44 PM. Reason: TOS removing non-MB link
J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by HDW
Okay. You describe your wife as a drunk married woman.
I am a member of AlAnon. A worldwide organization for family and friends of alcoholics. Dr Harley encourages spouses of alcoholics to join AlAnon.
If your wife is an alcoholic then the MB program will not work because of her addictions and disease of alcoholism.
Are you an alcoholic?

Thanks for your concern HDW. No, I'm not an alcoholic, and neither is she. I'm not sure how to prove it without sounding like "I'm in denial." I have a beer or two maybe once a month, probably less. No hards, no wine.

My wife? Maybe a little more, like 2-3 beers once a month or so. She drinks wine too maybe 2-3 drinks per month.

Both of us never had a DUI, passed out, had a hangover, vomited from drinking, etc. In fact, after one drink, my wife usually gets a stomach ache.

The reason I said that was because I think the first time she met this OM at a party, my wife had a couple drinks, more than usual. She was still coherent, though. I'd like to think that this affair was a one night stand, but no, it carried on after that.

In any case, to answer your question, no we are not alcoholics. You can ask me more questions though if you want me to prove it.

J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Okay . . . first break in my plan B.

My wife is currently flying back here from her home country. Probably at a layover. I got a phone call from an unknown number; answered it, heard my wife's voice, and hung up immediately. Not even a 'hello'. She called a second time, and I didn't even pick up this time.

I felt very nervous about this; what if she is in trouble? What if she is stuck in immigration? But I tried to put the ideas out of my mind.

My IM then called me after a few minutes; she just got a call from my wife saying she was ready to accept all my conditions.

My heart jumped for a few seconds. The unknown number called again, and this time I picked up. My wife was in tears, saying she missed me, not to let her go, that she wants me back, etc. I interrupted her and said, "Before you go on, are you willing follow all my conditions?" She paused, and that was enough for me. I repeated my question, and she started saying about how she needed to be separated to see if she really loved this OM before she came back to me, blah, blah, blah.

I basically summarized what I told her in my plan B letter, then hung up on her.

What do you guys think? Am I handling it right? It's pretty confusing for me if she tells my IM she agrees, then tells me she doesn't. Any advice for me???

L
L
yes: no contact! she can't just tell IM she agrees to your conditions. waywards lie, as you found out. she has to have a plan and have some action speaking for her before she can tell IM she is ready. and...your IM should have told her to call back when she was REALLY ready to agree to your conditions. neither one should have called you. a call from the airport is piffle.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Letty
yes: no contact! she can't just tell IM she agrees to your conditions. waywards lie, as you found out. she has to have a plan and have some action speaking for her before she can tell IM she is ready. and...your IM should have told her to call back when she was REALLY ready to agree to your conditions. neither one should have called you. a call from the airport is piffle.

I agree that she has to have a plan and have some actions speaking for her before she can tell IM that she is ready. That makes total sense, but for my IM, what kind of action would be enough? My plan is my conditions (I may add more later). Should I require some of the conditions to be carried out before I talk to my wife? It's pretty tricky; which conditions can my wife do without contacting me?

I need to work with my IM closer to tell her what constitutes as genuine 'agreeing on my conditions' by my wife. Can someone give me some advice?

My conditions again:

1. End all contact with the xxx for life. This involves writing a letter (agreed by me and you) stating you do not want to see him again.
2. No more nights apart or going out without each other.
3. Complete transparency - cell phone, email, facebook, passwords, etc. You give me access to everything.
4. No more opposite sex friendships
5. Complete honesty about you affair<s> � I will ask you take a polygraph test
6. Commit to the Marriage Builders program for recovery as outlined in the book Surviving an Affair.

C
C
I think WW wants a lift from the airport...

And is panicing as she doesn't know where she will go.

She is testing you. Do not allow the cracks. She has the Plan B letter. That is the map, it has the directions for WW, showing her what she needs to do to join you in the light. Otherwise, you will remain dark to her.

Jah, look at how contact with her has made you feel. You were sounding calmer. Now, the coaster has gained speed again. You probably feel so hopeful right now... prepare for the dip to come as a result.

Any crack in Plan B causes a seesaw of emotions.

Plan B has set me free.

L
L
a repentant WW would SHOW by at least starting with booking a poly, deleting any way of having opposite sex friendships (fb, or whatever), and drafting the NC letter. oh, and making a list of all accounts and passwords. that's ACTION. your IM needs clarity from you. has he/she read the IM training thread? but anyway, the airport call should have been a red flag for your IM without any input from you.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
C
And Letty is right... your IM needs to be tougher than this.

Remember, waywards are all great with saying what others want to hear, that is how they get to have their cake and eat it too.

MB is about actions, not words. Your WW will have to walk the walk if she wants you back in her life working towards recovery.

Plan B has set me free.

C
C
I have been in Plan B for a while. Initially my conditions for recovery and Plan B to end were pretty brief.

Now, with time and perspective, my list is longer and the conditions more specific. The benefits of Plan B... I won't take crumbs from anyone.

Here is a link for you so you can start considering what conditions your WW would have to meet... although SMB never entered Plan B (from memory) she had a long time of separation and a false recovery so developed a very specific list. Which served her (and her FWH) well.
sexymamabear's requirements

Plan B has set me free.

Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation