Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2484724 03/03/11 11:15 PM
M
MrsS Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I finally can move on from what I have been struggling with this past year since July 2010. I've been praying and asking for it too and got what I need from the LORD to no longer keep trying to find out about those deleted sent messages my husband sent to her. The scripture that really help me stop searching for ways to retrieve them is found in Deuteronomy 29:29, "The secret things belong to the LORD our GOD, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." With that, I received the boost to leave it with GOD and let HIM reveal it if I need to know. Now I can put my being into HIM as HE gives us the tools we need to work on our marriage:) Each day I'm learning something new so I'm not going to keep it to myself but share it. Thank you LORD!

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...put away childish things. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.(1 Cor. 13:4-8,11,13)
MrsS #2646243 07/14/12 08:44 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by MrsS
I finally can move on from what I have been struggling with this past year since July 2010. I've been praying and asking for it too and got what I need from the LORD to no longer keep trying to find out about those deleted sent messages my husband sent to her. The scripture that really help me stop searching for ways to retrieve them is found in Deuteronomy 29:29, "The secret things belong to the LORD our GOD, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." With that, I received the boost to leave it with GOD and let HIM reveal it if I need to know. Now I can put my being into HIM as HE gives us the tools we need to work on our marriage:) Each day I'm learning something new so I'm not going to keep it to myself but share it. Thank you LORD!
I just re-read this, and this scripture has NOTHING to do with a man being unfaithful to his wife and marriage. I hope you are doing well, MrsS. And I hope you have enough sense to care for your marriage by confirming your husband's fidelity.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

J
J
Here is Mathew Henry's commentary on that passage of Scripture :

Moses ends his prophecy of the Jews' rejection, just as St. Paul ends his discourse on the same subject, when it began to be fulfilled, Romans 11:33. We are forbidden curiously to inquire into the secret counsels of God, and to determine concerning them. But we are directed and encouraged, diligently to seek into that which God has made known. He has kept back nothing that is profitable for us, but only that of which it is good for us to be ignorant. The end of all Divine revelation is, not to furnish curious subjects of speculation and discourse, but that we may do all the words of this law, and be blessed in our deed. This, the Bible plainly reveals; further than this, man cannot profitably go. By this light he may live and die comfortably, and be happy for ever.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation