Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 85 of 87 1 2 83 84 85 86 87
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
All these posers!!! sigh
Mel remains the Gold Standard of GCW posters. Your crown remains firmly on your Aqua-Net-shellacked head. rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
All these posers!!! sigh
Mel remains the Gold Standard of GCW posters. Your crown remains firmly on your Aqua-Net-shellacked head. rotflmao

I certainly hope so!! harumpf....

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
What about meeeeee!?!?!?!
Gee God can't I remember all the pain and stuff?

I wanted to use it later on!!!

What for? you ask?

Oh. we can't use it then? When its over its over?

Gee what am I to do then? I thought it meant something? I thought it was supposed to make me a special snowflake.

God says.."Well I hope you learned something. and your all special, that was the point, now you can move on"

But, But, But...

Yeah K.I.S.S...Keep It Simple Stupid. best advice ever.

Love this thread

C
C
Has NG Checked in yet?

D
D
Just wanted to say thank you for your help and words of wisdom. Bless you and your marriage Melody. . .

BH (Me): 50
WW (Her): 44
Married 22 years
DD15, DD10
D-Day) 3/18/11

P
P
Nah, he only has one GBCW post under his belt and it was pretty tame. I think you have to do it with flair and drama to qualify for the official roasts. Ask Melodylane. She holds the current title.

**Hi ML!** (snicker)

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
Why thank you, Driven! smile

Melodylane = the OFFICIAL GBCW Queen! stickout

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Our latest GBCW member - the soon to be missed forever ~~>Rachel - a round of weak applause for a mediocre exit.
Originally Posted by Rachel34
Wow! You have officially run me off this site. I never claimed to be an expert, but my path to recovery has been successful and I thought the next step might be to give some kind words of encouragment to others.

The reason I landed here is because other sites are littered with hatred and vulgarity. I wanted a more warm and positive environment to share my experiences and help others.

I wish there was a middle ground: a place where you could find a friend, but not tout Dr. H (with all due respect, because you have helped me) as a sort of God.

Guess I'll keep looking for that place.

In the future, please try and be kind to new members. There are a lot of hurting souls out there and they aren't experts, but they are looking for a community who can understand their hurt.

I stand by my opinion, however: formulas are a nice starting point, but we all have a unique path to recovery. This is because their are many variables in human personality.

An example: my wonderful husband has completely regected his affair and continues to dote on me and our three kids. One of the needs he promised to meet for me is to be open and honest. He has been 100% honest (I hope), but it's really hard for him to express himself. He'd rather show me his love instead of telling me. So, he's clearly not following part of his commitment to me (openness), and this is difficult for me to handle. I can't force him to change his entire personality for me, but does this mean I should, as you suggested, make him leave? I think this is where the gray area comes in. I'm not ready to break-up my family because my husband is a private person. It might be a part of the plan I should revise or learn to deal with. Hurt and resentment are okay. I don't think the complexities of life lend themselves to us being happy ALL the time! That's just unrealistic.

I hope byhisgrace finds her way. I recommend you get a good friend who has been through the gauntlet. Talk with her often.

crybaby crybaby crybaby

M
M
Of course, after that post, she went on to make at least one more, twenty minutes later.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
OP Offline
M
I do not appreciate the competition! sigh

Mel<--------------GBCW Queen

Exposure 101

C
C
Dr H isn't God? Oh I was misinformed, I thought he could do no wrong!

In the absence of Jesus himself I am glad there is at least one of his studied representatives in charge here

I came here after my wife had passed away, and being a Christian and believing there were answers that lined up with scripture,(and I am not a holy roller),... I found Dr H to be right on both practically and spiritually, and this place helped make sense of her senseless demise and the loss my whole family experienced

Of course we quote and tout his wisdom and years of experience, we are not fools.

Racheal, if you were ever serious you will be reading this, and if not then I'm sorry and all the best to you and yours

Take a break and maybe a Midol. You will be hard pressed to find a better place to be

" The kisses of an enemy are deceitful and the wounds of a friend are faithful"

Welcome to the GBCW club

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
OP Offline
M
At least we didn't tell her what a poster told me when I did my GBCW: "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!" rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by ba109
Okay you people...leggo her pant leg! A person can't make a grande exit with you all clinging all over her.

Adios, Mel. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. grin
Good Luck!

ba109

Exposure 101

B
B

Sorry no competition. You're still the Queen!!! dramaqueen laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M

Not a chance. She's a poser. I mean, what - TWO whole posts? She can't hold a candle to our gal Melody! No one quits MB like MelodyLane! rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
Lol Mel

L
L
so...this thread has bounced around the top of the forum a lot recently, and i finally got the time to open it. tools? could they really be talking tools? is it a subtle (haha) reference to unrepentant WSs? i don't really know anything about tools except for what i can find at sears...doesn't this belong under "other topics?" confused, i start at page 1.

read the first page; now i am an even more confused yankee gal...flip towards the back, and what do i find but random humour! and you've been hiding it all this time!

ps: and thank goodness, ML, that you never left! what on earth would we all have done without ya?

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
M
OP Offline
M
I am so tired of these posers trying to unseat the QUEEN!! dramaqueen

Letty, did you see the DATES on this stupid thread?? crazy

Exposure 101

C
C
Oh and we have Pep to thank for my noticing it

She gave me crap when I was thinking about not posting, and showed me what was gonna be in for...

Thanks Pep, and thank you for remaining as the GBCW queen Mel

This thread is making me split a side

L
L
Letty, did you see the DATES on this stupid thread??

yep! long live the queen! grin

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Page 85 of 87 1 2 83 84 85 86 87

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation