Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
I
I
He has done ALL the MB conditions?

I don't like it when waywards break Plan B. I view it as a very unremorseful way of putting what they want first. He should be honouring your request and dealing with your IM. He should be telling her he is on board with the following:

1. end all contact with the OW for life

2. no more nights apart or going out without each other - create a healthy, integrated lifestyle

3. complete transparency - cell phone passwords, etc

4. no more opposite sex friendships

5. complete honesty about his affair<s> � passing a polygraph

6. commit to a marital programme for recovery of your choosing (MB)

Has he given such a plan to your IM?

Some people also require post-nups which give them everythign if there is any future infidelity.

Getting irritated at the idea of a poly is also a common sign of the unrepentant.

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/24/12 01:31 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
OP Offline
M
He did agree to all of those as well, I knew I left something out. He also contacted our MC to discuss MB with him and how he will begin to follow it, but you're right, not through the IM.
Would the IM need to ask him to do the poly right away? Only because, I don't want to know anything else right now, I haven't wanted much information about it in general yet. At least not in comparison to what I know many people want to know. I just don't know if I want details at all, ever.

BS-me
WW-him
30s, no children
I
I
Originally Posted by Movingonward
He did agree to all of those as well, I knew I left something out. He also contacted our MC to discuss MB with him and how he will begin to follow it, but you're right, not through the IM.
Would the IM need to ask him to do the poly right away? Only because, I don't want to know anything else right now, I haven't wanted much information about it in general yet. At least not in comparison to what I know many people want to know. I just don't know if I want details at all, ever.

You can ask for whatever details you want. You decide what they are. (I recommend at least finding out what 'led' to the A so you can eliminate those conditions in his behaviour/lifestyle)

For now, I would just get an agreement that he will do it, and use your IM so you dont have to negotiate with him until you know he's serious.

E
E
Well, I'm not sure what an IM can do at this point. Especially as I haven't even had contact with the WH yet.

I
I
But he has the IMs details?

Then he's a big boy. Hell figure it out.

N
N
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Well, I'm not sure what an IM can do at this point. Especially as I haven't even had contact with the WH yet.

MO

Not a PLB expert by any means.

Let tacks come out of his body in places they shouldn't until he figures it out. Go through the IM.

Silence at this point is truely golden. WH has what you sent him. Let him hang for a while to emphasize the point you are serious and his talk for a short time is not going to solve this by the weekend.

WH needs to know there are new rules to this M (If you still want to save it) and he better pay attention.

nESRE

M
OP Offline
M
Ok, all of that aside...I'm certain this is only because she dumped him or bc she did something so awful to him he couldn't ignore it to live in the fantasy world.
Nothing to do w our marriage. I'm only just looking good bc I stuck around this long. I'm John. Except I don't have kids, and I just turned 30 a month ago.
I just don't think I can get past being an after thought to such a degree. Maybe that's my ego but I don't know how to think past that.

BS-me
WW-him
30s, no children
E
E
It is hard to deal with, Mo. I remember in the beginning of our recovery, I was happy that he has chosen me. Think about that. Think of how messed up it is to be happy that your husband chose his wife over some skank who would open her legs for a married man (sorry for the crudeness). Every BS takes a huge shot to their self esteem because of it. It is something I have been working very hard to deal with with my IC.
It is up to you whether you can get past it or not. Some can't.

~RQ

I
I
Ok, all of that aside...I'm certain this is only because she dumped him or bc she did something so awful to him he couldn't ignore it to live in the fantasy world.
Nothing to do w our marriage. I'm only just looking good bc I stuck around this long. I'm John. Except I don't have kids, and I just turned 30 a month ago.
I just don't think I can get past being an after thought to such a degree. Maybe that's my ego but I don't know how to think past that.

Its a good attitude to have and your silence will give him the 'not good enough' message.

Let him prove his sincerity and make you feel like more of a priority to the IM if he's for real

K
K
I think I would ignore everything until he fully complies with your requests, including going through IM. Contacting you directly shows a disregard for your wishes, the opposite of what he should be doing right now!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
N
N
I just don't think I can get past being an after thought to such a degree. Maybe that's my ego but

I don't know how to think past that.

MO

You can't think past this. History is what it is and no one changes history. I believe this is why Dr H says to get all your questions answered about the A-then never bring up the A again. This is if WH goes to the IM and you get a comittment from WH on the M.

Some can't stomach being 2nd choice. You now have a "Get out of M Free" card that is yours to use should you choose to. I believe everyone here will support you with whatever direction you decide to go.

Your the one who has to make that decision.

Not sure how much reading you have done at the site here. You may want to consider this as food for thought.

Article

Take your time with this and really figure out what MO wants. A lot of the recovery threads I read carry a common theme-It was too soon to get back together. As you have learned the hard way FR is extremely painful.

Don't be afraid to ask God for help with this most important decision. The answer on how to proceed is within you. What ever direction you go will be a life changing event for you.

nESRE

Last edited by nesre; 07/26/12 07:26 AM.
E
E
MO, just checking in on you. What's been going on?

~RQ

M
OP Offline
M
This week has been crazy. Work is insane and I'm trying to function normally which hasn't really happened since this all started. Even though my boss is very good about this I think he'd be out of patience for me now so I'm trying so hard to ensure no one notices how emotional I am. I am not an outwardly emotional person so this feels so strange to me, still.
I know he talked to her last night bc I looked on the phone bill. She called him twice in an hour, 15 min each time. Yes I know I should not have to protect myself.
Looks like we're going to need to lower the price of the house. I guess we're likely going to be late for the first time on the mortgage as well. Stress!!

BS-me
WW-him
30s, no children
B
B
Are you in Plan B yet?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
Now formally yes. As of the last time he contacted me he said he wasn't going to speak with the IM and that he's working on himself to come back because he doesn't want to be with her. So I guess we'll see what he does now that RQ has contacted him.
I know I cannot look at things like phone records etc while in plan b to protect myself.

BS-me
WW-him
30s, no children
B
B
Now formally yes. As of the last time he contacted me he said he wasn't going to speak with the IM and that he's working on himself to come back because he doesn't want to be with her. So I guess we'll see what he does now that RQ has contacted him.
I know I cannot look at things like phone records etc while in plan b to protect myself.
Working on himself means to continue to cake eat.

Lean on your IM to filter out his garbage and see if he's serious about meeting your conditions.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
"Working on" is code for "doing nothing." You can be perpetually "working on" an issue without any measurable progress, or even without a plan for what "work" you are doing. It happens all over the boards here.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
OP Offline
M
I have the documents he needs to sign to get the clock ticking in the divorce.
Should I set a timeframe, like a week or so, wait to see what he does, if anything? I feel like its best to get those to him, as an additional indicator of my seriousness given the severity of the situation. 99% of me feels divorce is what needs to happen to protect myself even though I don't actually want it, if I'm being honest. I feel like I'm out of energy for any fight for this marriage. But I don't know if I need to give this time to be 100% certain? Will I ever feel 100% certainty about this?

BS-me
WW-him
30s, no children
I
I
He shouldn't be able to contact you in Plan B. Have you changed numbers, email etc - blocked all his ways to access you?

I feel like I'm out of energy for any fight for this marriage. But I don't know if I need to give this time to be 100% certain? Will I ever feel 100% certainty about this?

Plan B is not about fighting for the marriage, it is about getting you peace to heal in. Whatever happens, we need to get you away from his drama and healing properly.

Nonsense like 'working on' himself is actively designed to keep you waiting, and keep you in pain while he makes up his mind.

File for divorce now, if your lawyer says you need the protection. If not, wait until you feel like doing it.

Divorce is not instant, it can take a long time. You can get the ball rolling now and tell your lawyer to pace it so you dont finalise it until you're ready.

M
OP Offline
M
Well, I filed and he was served 2ish months ago actually. He already approved drafts for an mutual consent divorce so what I have now are final versions of property settlement and other documents he needs to sign in front of a notary and then its a 90 day wait once signed by both parties until its final.
Yes I closed up all loopholes this time. He's not able to contact me through friends/family/phone/email.

BS-me
WW-him
30s, no children
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation