Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
L
L
My wife tells me daily: "I have not had any direct or indirect contact with OM since the last time I mentioned this."

Caracal....this is something that SH has the WS say to the BS on a daily basis.....this is what my WS was supposed to say to me daily but never did as my WS was still in contact. Steve would ask me questions to see if the WS had been doing their assignments.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
C
C
Thanks for pointing this out LR... I have not read this before. Guess I need to read some more!

I suppose this reassurance, whilst adhering to EP's and walking the walk, would help make the BS feel safer.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
L
L
It came out during phone coaching so you would not read about it.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Caracal
I am still concerned this is a FR... especially with this...

Originally Posted by jah
My wife tells me daily: "I have not had any direct or indirect contact with OM since the last time I mentioned this."

You know a wayward's talk is cheap.

Originally Posted by jah
My wife is instructed to tell me immediately if the OM contacts her; she has already done this; he tried to call her at the dorm. She hung up and let me know immediately. This is one reasons she is back in the apartment.

Jah, you are still basing your recovery on her words. She SAYS she hung up immediately. Have you any means of verifying this?

Keep the bar high, especially with tranparency. I hope you are still snooping like a bloodhound.

BTW, did she sign the nup agreement?

Hi Caracal. I hope this does help you understand the process a bit.

Yes, talk is cheap. I asked the dorm roommate to verify that my wife did say 'don't contact me' then hung up and called me; she did verify that's what happened.

As for snooping, I still check all phone records of my wife, I have a GPS on my wife's phone (per ML suggestion), looking for a keylogger (my wife has mac so it's a bit hard to find a good one), still going through her e-mail, still checking browsing histories. Yes, my boundaries are still up. I'm not just taking her word.

Dr. Harley said no need to continue with the divorce filing since we are working on the marriage. He agreed with the post-nup.

In the meantime, we are trying to follow the marriage builders advice. Things like practicing habits that make the other person happy (or stopping habits that make the other person unhappy), applying POJA to small decisions (where to eat, what to do), stopping angry outbursts (and when we both feel things escalating, we just stop the impending argument and agree to continue at a later time).

In any case, don't worry. My motto is going to be 'keep expectations low and boundaries high' while we are still recovering. I want to see actions, not words, and it needs to be over time.

Last edited by jah; 07/11/12 02:18 PM.

BH: 35
WW: 28
No children. Married 4 years.
D-Day (month?): Apr, 2010. Jan, 2012. May, 2012.
Plan A: Not sure; since marriage counseling began Jan 2012?
Plan B: 6/23/2012
No contact letter: 7/5/2012
Currently in recovery, and thankful to everyone here.
B
B
Have you tried this?
Keylogger for MAC

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
K
You are doing great! Keep it up, I hope this pays off for you in the end.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
S
S
Originally Posted by jah
looking for a keylogger (my wife has mac so it's a bit hard to find a good one),
It's not at all hard to find a good one. How can you come to that conclusion after reading all the recommendations on Operation Investigate? eblaster has been recommended there dozens of times.

Please open the link that Brainy sent you and get the eblaster right now. It will take you about three minutes.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Okay. Got it. Will try and install it later tonight when she is asleep. . .

L
L
hello jah. i am happy to hear you feel you are doing well. and you're right - it's very early days and you need evidence over time. a long time. that's what recovery is all about.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
M
M
Originally Posted by jah
[

As for snooping, I still check all phone records of my wife, I have a GPS on my wife's phone (per ML suggestion), looking for a keylogger (my wife has mac so it's a bit hard to find a good one), still going through her e-mail, still checking browsing histories.

Here you go! Spectorsoft makes eblaster for MACs and it is one of the best keyloggers out there. It will email you the reports so you only have to access her computer once. https://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster_Mac/index.asp?source=HomePage-hs-ebMac

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
jah - how are you doing? what's going on at your place?

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
C
Originally Posted by Letty
jah - how are you doing? what's going on at your place?
X 2.

Thinking of how you are getting on. Keep us in the loop.

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

J
jah Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Everyone,
Sorry it's been awhile since I have been on. I've been busy, busy, busy.

I took off for 5 weeks from work, now in my third week. Have been working with my wife and Steve Harley for awhile now. We have also been going though the marriagebuilders course, watching the videos, going through questionnaires.

My wife is still telling me daily, 'I have not contacted OM directly or indirectly since the last time we talked.' This has helped alot with my sanity. I still snoop like crazy, though, and so far, no phone calls, no lying on where she is based on GPS tracking, no chatting. She is still in withdrawal a little from time to time, one I did catch her once doing a google search on the OM (she said she wanted to see a picture of him). We discussed this with Dr. Harley, and it counts as indirect contact, so she will not do that any more. She has been watching the videos and agreeing with the concepts. It's more than just an interest; she seems fascinated by the concepts. So that's a good thing. We discuss things afterwards, and practice POJA with all the small decisions we make.

She also POJA agreed to move to the other island and away from college, and agreed that the college life is a big problem in her infidelity. She's going to see if she can get that last class she needs away at home (online?)

Dr. Harley is a big help; he basically does the work for me and tells my wife the way it is. Instead of arguing over the details of a concept, he just explains to my wife and I how it should be.

We have been having lots of assignments; the most recent one is my wife had to identify which emotional needs were the greatest for her, which ones leave her the most vunerable, and how to create an environment where she would not have them met by another man again.

That's about all the updates I have to far. Thanks again everyone for getting me to this point; probably next time I might ask Dr. Harley if my wife should sign up for the marriage builders forum too. Aloha!

M
M
hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Hey, awesome stuff, jah! Please keep in touch.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

B
B
So glad to hear it jah. hurray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
C
I'm happy to hear your WW is making efforts to earn the F. Keep up the good work mr and mrs jah!

Plan B has set me free.

P
P
Originally Posted by jah
Dr. Harley is a big help; he basically does the work for me and tells my wife the way it is. Instead of arguing over the details of a concept, he just explains to my wife and I how it should be.

I love reading this !!!!!!!!
I'm going to quote this on a different MB thread where a certain BS could use some encouragement.

J
J
Great news, Jah. Still miles to go before you sleep, but you deserve a lot of credit for your strong, proactive stance. I pray that it all works out for you. Keep us updated, please.

L
L
jah, update?

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation