Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
L
L
oh home, i really wasn't making fun of you. i have posted several of my own WHs comments on this thread. as CP said, seeing what other WSs say, and how very much alike they are, is a bit of a help, really. nearly every BS that arrives here thinks their WS is a unique case (me too). they aren't. they are all eerily the same in word and deed. i'm very sorry that i hurt your feelings.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
C
Originally Posted by homefor5
I am the bs of letty's comment above.

A) he worked there
B) he did report it
c) this wasn't the actual OW, it was a co-worker and its what brought all of his bad behavior to a halt, with him heading straight to intense counseling.

I'm not trying to stir trouble but if I thought it was something ridiculous to be posted I would have came to this thread and posted it myself.

I came for advise about how to grieve my situation and recover when he has these issues that I don't want to belittle but also want to recover properly.

Not sure what "support" I received as my extremely tender situation was poked fun at. But for what it is worth I will press on because I do feel that several of you offer decent support here. Just wanted to defend my statement a little.
Home, I am sorry that my reply to Letty upset and offended you.

I really am.

I responded unaware of your own sitch, having not read your thread. I responded to the post as this entire thread is about crazy statements waywards make. I have posted my share of what WH said. I found this thread helped me understand I was not the only one on the receiving end of cruelty and the black humour helped me process a devestating betrayal.

I hope you keep posting. MB and the posters here have helped heal me. I would never belittle a BS's grief; this thread is designed to highlight a WS's fog. That is what I responded to.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
C
C
Originally Posted by Letty
oh home, i really wasn't making fun of you. i have posted several of my own WHs comments on this thread. as CP said, seeing what other WSs say, and how very much alike they are, is a bit of a help, really. nearly every BS that arrives here thinks their WS is a unique case (me too). they aren't. they are all eerily the same in word and deed. i'm very sorry that i hurt your feelings.
Yes, that is the truth. We are lead to believe we are special too, to slay the dragons,(they do exist in the minds realm of imagination), and our union is special and different

But on this site, much of what we should be battling for in our marriage, is revealed, and also the battles within ourselves and our assumptions also

Always learning, and reaching up, with our feet firmly on the ground

It surely stretchs the mind and builds character, (even after it seems to make you into a character)

So getting blamed for other peoples actions is so much part of this thread, and the fertilizer that they shovel

Stick around things will get better

I
I
Today...:-)

WS: Now you're blackmailing me..!
BS: Bla.. WHAT? Huh? How..?
WS: You're saying I have to leave home if I don't stop my affair...
BS: <speechless>

----
Me: BS (b. 1965)
Wife: WS (b. 1971)
Affair exposed: May 2012. Affair proven: Apr 2012. Affair first suspected: Jan 2011. (Affair started: Late 2010.) ILYBINILWY (said by WW to BH): ~Sep 2009
DD: b. 2005. Married: May 2005. Met: Jul 2002. DSS: b. 1999.
I
I
Home, things will get better! Hugs to you. I remember what it is to feel raw and alone in this.

P.S have you read the rest of this thread? It truly does help to see how similarly they all think/speak act. It is not the true version of them, but the new addict.

While there is a comedy value (either laugh or cry, right?) The main point of this thread is to show BSs to not listen too closely, and hence not get gaslighted.

A very important lesson.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

A
A
Paraphrased:

I had an affair because my parents made me get married.

I had an affair because my husband does not like math.

Verbatim:

"I do not have poor boundaries around men."

Last edited by armymama; 05/28/12 06:48 AM.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
D
D
Originally Posted by ElCamino72
She hit me with: "Why are you questioning my commitment to our DDs? I am a GOOD mother. I just want divorce you.". Oh yeah, I forgot how good mothers have A and get D thinking in the well being of their children.

Oh yeah, I could write volumes in this thread. Some of the best examples from my story are all about the children. That's where the delusions of grandeur really ran deep.

"Leave them out of it. This has nothing to do with the children, this is about YOU and ME."

Um, no, this is about YOU and the impact of YOUR behavior and terrible choices on your husband, your children, and our family...

At one point I asked her whether or not she even wanted to be a mother (in light of the fact that she was trying to relive her early 20's by having an affair with a 19 year old). She went ballistic.

"How dare you question my commitment as a mother! I would never question your willingness to be a dad!"

And her ever present strategy to turn it around and place the blame on me.

"You've already let your children down, they just don't know it yet."

Translation: Something I (BH) did in the past, or may do in the future is 100X more damaging to our children than anything I'm doing. The pain our children will experience is all your fault.

"You underestimate our children. Our children are strong. They will be totally fine."

"Look at your sister's kids. They're much happier now than they were before." (My sister had and A and divorced her BH to marry her DD's gymnastics coach).

"Our kids will be far more damaged growing up in a bad marriage (the one I've totally reinvented in my mind) than a divorce."

BH (Me): 50
WW (Her): 44
Married 22 years
DD15, DD10
D-Day) 3/18/11

D
D
Originally Posted by ToBeContinued
Originally Posted by SickofLimbo
"OM has absolutely nothing to do with our marriage problems."

Just for the record, I've heard Skatt shovel this on SEVERAL occasions.

And I cannot forget this little gem:

"I gave up on the M before I got involved with OM."

Oh really? Funny, I never got that "I'm giving up on the M" memo......

Too funny. Yeah, I never got that memo either for some reason!?

Married 22 years
DD15, DD10
D-Day) 3/18/11

D
D
From the the It's All Your Fault category...

"I think I was pretty much perfect when I married you."

"You set the tone in our marriage, I just followed along."

In other words, anything I've ever done wrong in the course of our 18 year marriage, including the A I just had with a 19 year old child, is entirely YOUR fault...

"You put me in this position. It' not my fault that I was vulnerable to an affair."

Married 22 years
DD15, DD10
D-Day) 3/18/11

F
F
1. Why not she come live with us with her 2 children so that our D can have brothers?
2. I told you about her abortion (after a broken condom) to make you feel sorry for her
Now beat THOSE!

Me: BW, 41
WH: 46
Married 7 years, together 12
DD: 5
OW: 39
D-Day: 11 April
Plan B since 10/3/12
Divorced 11/12
C
C
Catching up on this thread again, and wondering why
Why did I allow myself to go through it?
Lol what was I trying to prove?

I will never marry again, but I still believe in marriage, and just like this site has shown, it can be awesome

The crazy things that come out of waywards mouths can only be topped by us who may or may not buy into the bullcrap

We should have a bull-o-meter installed when we get married, with electric shock prods also.
But then where would the challenge of using our brains to control ourselves go?

Yeah peeps are crazy, know that goin in, so you won't be surprised on the way out

Wishing the best for all who have been let down and lied to by foolish Aliens. Remembering the words I heard some time ago, probably from this site..

" When you have been screwed over and victimized by others, and have been dragged through he'll on earth, there is still something you can be thankful for...that your not them"

Truly that IS the consolation prize

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
Q
Q
"He has really been able to show the love of Jesus to me. He's so gentle and kind."

(I am assuming OM did not tell her to "go and sin no more.")

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
C
C
Upon D-day1:
WH: "I asked the Dolly to have a threesome with us. She said no, she couldn't stand to share me with another woman."
Oh, really?!? Unlike she was already doing?!?...

After D-day2, when the Dolly was sending me endless hateful, vitriolic emails one night, including threatening my life, WH said,
"OMG! It's 2 am her time! I can't believe she's not asleep! SHE MUST BE SO UPSET!!"

Another one:
The Dolly: "Tell your wife not to email me at work. It is compromising my professionalism."
BW (me) (in email to her work address): "YOU compromised your professionalism by having an A with a married client. Unless you mean a different profession?"
The Dolly (text to WH): "I don't appreciate being called a hooker! I'm getting a lawyer."
WH (to me): "YOU HAVE INSULTED (the Dolly). YOU OWE HER AN APOLOGY."

And another:
WH to me, one day after d-day2: "Yes, I lied to you for the last 5 months, but you should be happy I didn't leave you for (the Dolly.)"
Thanks for the favour...

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
Q
Q
"I decided our marriage was over on 1/18, so the new relationship I started on 1/21 had nothing to do with me telling you I wanted a divorce on 4/10."

"I am so sorry that my actions have hurt you. My intention wasn't to cause you pain, it was a consequence."

B
B
Once upon a fight about my H's emotional involvement with a close friend of mine, he had phone conversations with her (while lying to me after assurances that there'd be no more contact). He said, "I told her that things would go back to normal after you got over it".

I guess one lying, disloyal person is not enough in my life.

Hates confusion
C
C
Originally Posted by Qoheleth
"I decided our marriage was over on 1/18, so the new relationship I started on 1/21 had nothing to do with me telling you I wanted a divorce on 4/10."

"I am so sorry that my actions have hurt you. My intention wasn't to cause you pain, it was a consequence."
Oh yeah, lol "It's a consequence", that's rich.

Yeah those waywards are strange birds

If there was a contest that one gets a nomination

Q
Q
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess

I humbly submit that "Let's have a threesome", "Let's have her move in so the kids can get to know her", and "Why can't you trust me?" outdo mine.

C
C
It's the consequence comment that gets me

They remain blind to the fact that the consequences cut both ways, and all they were doing was delaying thier own consequences they WOULD have to face someday, by thier new drug of choice, denial.

Oh the threesome and "You should get to know them, they are really good people!" thing has been done so many times, it's common wayward speak. My dad wanted to have his Girlfreind from work move in so my mother could meet her. You can find that sort of crap all over , with the men who believe and live for thier own self idolization, it's been done for centuries accually.

But it struck me especially funny that he would use the word consequence, when he didn't even understand the deeper meaning of what means, to commit your heart for life, and how tricky that road can be, if we are not accountable

Maybe he could use that word too in a nonsensical statement. "Accountable"

It wouldn't surprise me if someone did

I stand by my nomination

C
C
"He has really been able to show the love of Jesus to me. He's so gentle and kind."

(I am assuming OM did not tell her to "go and sin no more.")

Ah yes the drug, ER I mean love, of Jesus

What an angle

"God knows and understands... I just had to escape... Be bad .. It was just a consequence that you all have to bear"

How about Flip Wilsons Geraldine, " The devil made me do it"

But you know, God is not fooled, and " the worm, (conscience), dieth not".
They always affair down

H
H
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess

This one gets my nomination

Another one:
The Dolly: "Tell your wife not to email me at work. It is compromising my professionalism." crazy
BW (me) (in email to her work address): "YOU compromised your professionalism by having an A with a married client. Unless you mean a different profession?"

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (anchorwatch), 535 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation