Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Man_learning
Are we ever supposed to express anger in authentic way?

NO!
Have you seen this?
Anger Mgmt 101

Thanks for these links. I had not seen/heard these. Just listened to them. Dr. H seems to draw a distinction between anger and frustration.

I thought this segment was better.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=3799

In this one he speaks to the idea of "losing your temper." He also acknowledged "we all get upset. ... We can't avoid getting frustrated."

He then seems to suggest that the issue is how one handles frustration: calmly with intelligence or violently with anger.

So getting frustrated or upset is natural?
Should we always try to hide or conceal our frustration?

Is it ever helpful show or communicate the fact that we are frustrated by something so others might learn of our feeling and/or boundaries?

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Well, I'll bet we just heard from Mrs. Man_learning!

No, that was not her.

I am curious about gist of the post that was deleted or what rule it violated?

Last edited by Man_learning; 08/26/12 07:27 AM.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Do you mean the electronic surveillance, key loggers and the like? If so the answer is no. There is a few reasons I will not detail here, but one I will mention is that I am not nearly as high tech as my wife. I am also aware that I cannot stop her completely with that stuff because she has work phone and computer available to her. I have some means to keep aware of things, but it is not as good as I want it.

Well, sh*t then, Man_learning!

Since you've already decided that she's going to cheat on you anyways, why bother with proving it! Is that what you want to hear? Quit making excuses, it's insulting to those of us that actually bothered fighting for our marriages.

The goal of snooping is so that you'll know just what the hell you're dealing with which, it seems, you have no clue about!

For someone that tossed a mattress onto the front yard, I'm really surprised that you're just turning a blind eye to this. Kudos, by the way, on showing her that you meant business at the time.

I'll say it one more time and then I give up:

Man_learning, your wife's behavior absolutely reeks of someone that is cheating on you. I don't for a second believe that she is serious about recovery. I do believe that she is tossing you crumbs to get you to back off and let her have her space to fool around in. There are tools available to eliminate the uncertainty and that you aren't taking advantage of them is mind boggling. Prove me wrong, please, about what your WW is doing! I'd love to be wrong here!

Lastly, I'm pissed because I actually give a crap about your marriage and I'm just a stranger on the internet. You're in Plan Hope and it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Northwood,

I hope you have not given up on me.

I exposed to several of my wife's significant friends and her brother and asked him to share truth with my W's mom in hopes that she would advise her to do the right thing. Her father is supporting her.

As expected she is very angry, says we are through, I was trying to make enemies out of her friends and family, I should plan to move out, and she canceled me off our joint credit card. As I mentioned, she has been the main earner in the family and I allowed her to control all fiances so she was able to easily cut me off the CC. I still have one of my own so it's not the end of the world. She's trying to be as mean, abusive, and vindictive as possible.

She says I did not live up to my end of the bargain (because I did not earn enough $$) so this seems to be the justification/blameshiting she is clinging to.

I said fine let's mediate a divorce and end it. She responded with I will never mediate, I am going to hire an attorney. I said okay.

How long does this post disclosure usually last? Disclosure was over the weekend.

Please give me any thoughts or guidance.

Last edited by Man_learning; 09/09/12 07:22 PM.
Z
Z
Man Learning,

I wish you'd gotten some support here for the exposure. You need to go big with exposure. Telling a few of her friends and her brother is just enough to make her furious but not enough to get her in a position where everywhere she turns, her bad behavior is known.

Still, I'm glad you did something. She needed this, awhile ago! Do not move out. Get an attorney and start figuring out your rights. File for sole custody. Will you get it? No but it wills care the crap out of her and let her know you are not messing around.

Please keep us informed and I would keep exposing as fast as you can to try and capitalize on the tsunami effect. You're losing momentum if you drag it out.

B
B
Who did you expose to on OM's side?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
As expected she is very angry, says we are through, I was trying to make enemies out of her friends and family, I should plan to move out, and she canceled me off our joint credit card.

Best case, she's blowing smoke and it will settle down in a few days.

Worst case, she's going to do whatever she can to get you out of the house. This includes trumped up domestic violence charges and temporary restraining orders to get you tossed out. It's happened before, and I know one thread where it went down like that.

Get a voice recorder and start recording these outbursts that she has.

If it were me, I'd file for a divorce, seeking primary residence based on your WW's adultery. Right now, she's probably posturing a good deal to get you to back down. Her "overreaction" tells me that you were right on the money with the exposure. But if you actually secure an attorney and get the paperwork filed, it'll through her off a bit.

As you've seen by her behavior, the one on the offense has the advantage. You need to get in front of this and take the initiative to get this resolved one way or the other.

I'd follow up with those people that you exposed to, asking them if they've had a chance to talk to her. Tell them that she's becoming increasingly anxious around the house and that you and the kids are worried about her.

Last edited by Northwood8900; 09/10/12 08:54 AM.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
OP Offline
M
This morning she was still mad, claiming that she could not divorce me because now that I told our older daughter that basic truth. She basically already knew, but I confirmed the facts (with no detail or timeline). W says that if she divorces me now D will not speak to her. So she wants me to do it, but she did not say to do it immediately. Even if I do it, our D may still be mad at her because D knows I have been trying to make it work. Also W is speaking to me civilly, at least at this point, but who knows how long that will last.

Exposure of the OM has been limited to his Wife who I learned was his Xwife.

She was so mean and vindictive last night, I was thinking this place might be to toxic to remain in. Over the last few weeks she has pissed on what few embers of love I had. They are not completely extinguished, but at what point should I throw in the towel?

S
S
BTW M_l, NW was referring to me. my WW trumped some BS to have me thrown out of our home. i was a fool and paid for it. plan hope was plan dope.

N
N
W says that if she divorces me now D will not speak to her. So she wants me to do it, but she did not say to do it immediately.

Ok, so she's going to be a coward with it and isn't yet going full steam ahead to get you out of the house. Your other responder, savemymarr, was the victim that I referenced earlier.

If it were me, I'd get ahead of this and talk to an attorney about your options. While she may be playing nice now, it may very well be an act that is intended to placate you until she gets her ducks in a row. Your exposure threw her off, she needs time to regroup. Beat her to it, keep up the momentum.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation