Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
N
N
Originally Posted by Jeff_R
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
This is fubar with a nice bowl of manipulation on the side.

What do you want us to say, Jeff?

Lord have mercy, she screws around on you, complains about your dental habits to justify it and then plans on screwing you after a nice supper. No mention of her past behavior, no sir, not a peep. Just back to the status quo.

Fubar.

I don't know what I want others to say...I'm new at all this...I don't know what is up & down....

I am hearing all what people say. You guys are concerned about me & you've never even met me. That says a lot. I appreciate it very mush & I am very thankful.

Yes, she does all what she has done.
I havent pushed the transparency issue..but I know she won't go for it.

Her love busters are lame at best....
I mean, white teeth, road rage (like she doesnt have this either..she gave someone the bird on our trip to Atlanta)
Having my family involved with helping me with dr appts or helping me fix my car....geez, I'm just glad I have folks that care enough about me...lots of people don't even have that.

Someone also told me yesterday that them remember going to a club with my ww (a few years ago..maybe 2 years ago).

That at the club my ww met a guy & that my ww told her friend (my friend too) that she should have exchanged email addresses with the guy. No idea why my ww would be so bold as to tell a mutual friend this.

Jeff R

A simple task for you do.

Read these 2 links below.

Mulan on boundaries

Boundaries-An open discussion

Come back and tell us what your boundaries are.

Should be easy.

Not a jab at you.

Seriously.

Take a look.

Good Luck

nESRE

Q
Q
Jeff,

Please go get an STD test. Do not have sex with this woman!!

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
E
E
Originally Posted by nesre
This is fubar with a nice bowl of manipulation on the side.

What do you want us to say, Jeff?

Lord have mercy, she screws around on you, complains about your dental habits to justify it and then plans on screwing you after a nice supper. No mention of her past behavior, no sir, not a peep. Just back to the status quo.

Fubar.

I don't know what I want others to say...I'm new at all this...I don't know what is up & down....

I am hearing all what people say. You guys are concerned about me & you've never even met me. That says a lot. I appreciate it very mush & I am very thankful.

Yes, she does all what she has done.
I havent pushed the transparency issue..but I know she won't go for it.

Her love busters are lame at best....
I mean, white teeth, road rage (like she doesnt have this either..she gave someone the bird on our trip to Atlanta)
Having my family involved with helping me with dr appts or helping me fix my car....geez, I'm just glad I have folks that care enough about me...lots of people don't even have that.

Someone also told me yesterday that them remember going to a club with my ww (a few years ago..maybe 2 years ago).

That at the club my ww met a guy & that my ww told her friend (my friend too) that she should have exchanged email addresses with the guy. No idea why my ww would be so bold as to tell a mutual friend this.

Jeff R

A simple task for you do.

Read these 2 links below.

Mulan on boundaries

Boundaries-An open discussion

Come back and tell us what your boundaries are.

Should be easy.

Not a jab at you.

Seriously.

Take a look.

Good Luck

nESRE

nesre, thanks. Interesting reading

J
J
Jeff,
Have you attended any meetings in the past 2 days,
?
Will you attend one tonight?

N
N
It would seem that JeffR has gone
[Linked Image from i175.photobucket.com]

Very sad......

J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm here, just haven't been able to get online until this morning.

I've been reading about codependency from a book I got from a relative. It fits me. It's eye opening.

I guess the thing that got inside my head was that in the SA book, it says that the BS is responsible for things that lead to the affair. That really bothers me I suppose. That I did things that lead to what she did. I know she is responsible for 100% of what she did, but I hate that I did things that lead up to it.

I know I can't get her to change. That she is responsible for her own actions...the cheating, lies, being on dating sites, etc. I'm not making her do any of that. She chose to do these things.

I do have fear....a fear of abandonment & being alone.
I've been there before & I hated it. But what is the alternative....being with someone that I can't trust. My thoughts are to try to ease my way out of being with her. To gradually remove my emotional attachment from her.

Last edited by Jeff_R; 09/14/12 07:28 AM.
J
J
Have you attended any meetings this week?
Will you commit to attending one tonight (Friday and Saturday nights are usually good ones)?

J
J
As for easing away from her. In your type of relationship you would be better off to cut off all at once.
Total separation.
What MB calls Plan B

J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm going to look for a meeting tomorrow night.

Originally Posted by HDW
As for easing away from her. In your type of relationship you would be better off to cut off all at once.
Total separation.
What MB calls Plan B

What type of relationship?

G
G
Jeff_R,

I guess the thing that got inside my head was that in the SA book, it says that the BS is responsible for things that lead to the affair.

I believe this is less true in your case because your WW was never loyal to you, if I understand your thread, and hence you never really drove her away.

I would guess had you stumbled upon MB some number of years ago and had exerted superhuman effort you might have reformed this serial cheater, but cheating might just be too much of an addiction for WW.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 09/14/12 08:02 AM.
J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Gamma
Jeff_R,

I guess the thing that got inside my head was that in the SA book, it says that the BS is responsible for things that lead to the affair.

I believe this is less true in your case because your WW was never loyal to you, if I understand your thread, and hence you never really drove her away.

I would guess had you stumbled upon MB some number of years ago and had exerted superhuman effort you might have reformed this serial cheater, but cheating might just be too much of an addiction for WW.

God Bless
Gamma

Well, we have gone to counseling before. She stated then that she wanted me to be more outgoing. One of the main issues with her was my habit of not looking people in the eye when I talk to them. I also have a tendency to feel uncomfortable in settings that are unfamiliar to me (bars, social events where I don't know anyone, etc). I go to them, I just don't say much.

This past Monday, she did give me a list of what she sees as 'love busters':
-when I unload the dishwasher, I put things in the wrong places
-she would like for me to have whitened teeth
-when I brush my teeth, she would like me to brush my tongue as well, for fresher breath
-I snore
-I get my family involved in things she would rather I didnt. Such as helping me get doctors appts, car help, etc
-she would like for me to get in better shape, muscular chest & abs (she is a size 20)

Her emotional needs questionaire, she listed that Honesty & Openness was important to her. Ironic.....

Last edited by Jeff_R; 09/14/12 08:23 AM.
H
H
Her list sounds like a distraction from her own issues.

N
N
This past Monday, she did give me a list of what she sees as 'love busters':
-when I unload the dishwasher, I put things in the wrong places
-she would like for me to have whitened teeth
-when I brush my teeth, she would like me to brush my tongue as well, for fresher breath
-I snore
-I get my family involved in things she would rather I didnt. Such as helping me get doctors appts, car help, etc
-she would like for me to get in better shape, muscular chest & abs (she is a size 20)

Her emotional needs questionaire, she listed that Honesty & Openness was important to her. Ironic.....

I seriously think I would have told her to go "have relations with" herself after reading that.

We aren't really going to go through this for much longer, are we?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

Q
Q
Jeff,

Nice list, are these things you want to do for yourself? You must be so close to completely perfect in her eyes that all that's left for you to improve is to brush your tongue.

You may want to clarify to her that those are "annoying behaviours", not "love busters". Love busters are detailed in Dr Harley's books, and we don't get to add/remove from the list. Annoying behaviour is well documented.

As far as this goes:

Is Physically Attractive Spouse one of her top ENs? If not, ignore this (unless you want to go to the gym and bulk up for your own sake). If it's actually a big deal to her, start spending UA time with her at the gym.

I do have fear....a fear of abandonment & being alone.
I've been there before & I hated it. But what is the alternative....being with someone that I can't trust.
You need to overcome your fears of abandonment & being alone.

There are many woman of equal or greater attractiveness to your WW that wouldn't want to be serial cheaters, who would appreciate a husband as devoted as you.

I would spend time working on yourself to overcome your own insecurities/fears. First you have to get over the fear of being alone. Being alone is MUCH better than being with someone who lies and cheats.

If your WW decides to give up on the marriage, you'll be much more attractive to the opposite sex as a confident person who doesn't need a codependent girlfriend.

My thoughts are to try to ease my way out of being with her. To gradually remove my emotional attachment from her.
Plan A followed by Plan B is the best way to deal with emotional attachment. I think you've been in Plan A long enough.

You don't ease your way out of cancer; you attack it with radiation, chemotherapy (basically toxic levels of drugs that KILL the cancer cells), and even surgery to cut out the tumour all at once.

You don't quit smoking by smoking a "little less", either. Cold turkey + maybe a patch or Wellbutrin or Chantix to make the process easier is the most effective.

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
N
N
I seriously think I would have told her to go "have relations with" herself after reading that.

NW, she hasn't needed direction from JR in that arena for a looooong time.

B
B
Jeff,

Did you ever expose?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
NG-

True, but a reminder may have been warranted, though.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
N
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Jeff,

Did you ever expose?

He sent transcripts of her "chats" to various OM's to members of her family to, in the end, no avail.

Me (BH)
FWW

B
B
Jeff,

Did you ever expose?

He sent transcripts of her "chats" to various OM's to members of her family to, in the end, no avail.
Thanks NW.

Is she still sexting with these OM? And contacting OM on the dating sites?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
Thanks NW.

Is she still sexting with these OM? And contacting OM on the dating sites?

I'd imagine that she is.

Me (BH)
FWW

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation